Question

CodeUltra

Because Feng's VNs are all straight moege with no real value except cute girls and mindless ichaicha.  It is a complete waste of time to translate that type when watching a few love-comedy or moeblob anime will fulfill the same needs.  Also, that company seems to be incapable of writing a real story that is worth reading (speaking from experience).  They fulfill the needs of 'mainstream' otakus in Japan, but their games aren't something worth waiting for.

Edit:  Let me put it this way... if you were a translator and you had the choice between translating mindless drivel and a masterpiece of VN literature, which would you choose?  (this is a valid comparison, as there are numerous VNs out there that fit the latter example and are untranslated)

No, you can't fap to anime. :)

But otherwise I agree with you, except that I really like some of their OSTs.

You can fap to anything if you put your mind into it!

And I agree with everything Clephas said. I love moege and cute stuff but as far as value there's much more worth in translating proper literary content with a decent story.

You're better off learning Japanese for these kind of things like I am.

First, let me turn the question around...I'm curious, why do you think Feng's games should be translated?

Also, let me tell you that if I could...like, if tomorrow I won the lottery (impossible, since I don't gamble), I would be translating, or helping to translate, Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi at least.  But in reality, what translator can find the time to translate anything other than their favorites?  So I guess you just have to wait until someone comes along whose favorite ones are made by Feng...

You can fap to anything if you put your mind into it!

But I believe fapping to Feng games feels much better!

First, let me turn the question around...I'm curious, why do you think Feng's games should be translated?

Well, I'd say because "ordinary everyday life" thing is very good in their games. And I've already mentined some great piano compositions. And the language is so simple you can TL whe whole game with just google translate, especially if you watched the anime (yes, I'm talking about Hoshikaka now). That's it.

OK, I agree with you.  But that's hardly unique to studio Feng.  I mean, looking at the Miku VN I translated, and the Lamune VN I'm working on, what do I see?  A charming tale of everyday life, and some darned nice musical compositions...

However, and this is a little off the topic, but still, I would never subject a novel, visual or otherwise, to google translate...no matter how simple the writing style might be.  After all, what makes a good novel?  An epic storyline?  Not really, that only applies to some genres.  No, it's the input into your imagination from the written words.  Unlike anime, in VNs only a portion of what happens in the novel actually appears on the screen--the rest must be "painted with words".  Trying to translate with and/or *enjoy* any novel through google translate...