Game oriented visual novel

Tahn

Hello everybody.

After a few game novels, here I come to ask your advice, Ô wise ones.

I just finished Kamidori Alchemy Meister, and I'd like to play another VN like this one. To be more precise, my idea VN would have the following features, by order of importance :

-Game oriented. I'm trying Utawarerumon currently, and even if the story is great, the fights are too easy, nearly impossible to loose, nothing customizable execpt a bit of aptitudes points. I really like to try to optimize my characters, make them level up, grind a bit when it's becoming too hard, etc. This is by far the most important point.

-A bit of humour. I have nothing against serious / romantic moments, but they feel better to my mind when the story or the caracter are funny.

-Not a futuristic VN.

-I don't really care about the hentai part. Some is nice, but without if fine too !

It's rather hard by browing the VN to know which one could be the best, so I'm counting on you ! Thanks for your help =)

Hello everybody.

After a few game novels, here I come to ask your advice, Ô wise ones.

I just finished Kamidori Alchemy Meister, and I'd like to play another VN like this one. To be more precise, my idea VN would have the following features, by order of importance :

-Game oriented. I'm trying Utawarerumon currently, and even if the story is great, the fights are too easy, nearly impossible to loose, nothing customizable execpt a bit of aptitudes points. I really like to try to optimize my characters, make them level up, grind a bit when it's becoming too hard, etc. This is by far the most important point.

-A bit of humour. I have nothing against serious / romantic moments, but they feel better to my mind when the story or the caracter are funny.

-Not a futuristic VN.

-I don't really care about the hentai part. Some is nice, but without if fine too !

It's rather hard by browing the VN to know which one could be the best, so I'm counting on you ! Thanks for your help =)

There is Duel Savior, you may like it, though there isn't that much customization because the game-oriented part is a fighting game, not an RPG. 

You could also try the alicesoft games, like Sengoku Rance or Daibanchou. Don't expect a serious story from them, but they will make you laugh.

Besides that, the other Eushully games. Like Daisuki Kozokuri Banchou.

I forgot a few, but those should suffice for now.

You will need either a PSP or PSP Emulator but I would recommend Dangan Ronpa. You can pick it up from Fuwanovel.

Dangan Ronpa is pretty good, but I should remark that it may not be what he's looking for when he says "game-oriented". There is gameplay, but it's mostly interacting with things, except in a certain part of each chapter.

Dangan Ronpa's gameplay is very logic-oriented (though it's not particularly hard).

If you're looking for something like this Tahn, Dangan Ronpa is definitely something I second. You will like it, and it has a great story. 

However, if the "game-oriented" part you're looking for is more about fighting, level-grinding and such, this can be left until you finish some other games.

Awesome guys, thanks for que quick answers ! I tried a bit Sengoku Rance yesterday, seemed fun, but I didn't understant half of the way to conduct battles =D. Gonna spend more time on it if you say it's great !

And if I may ask for another advice, do you know any nice game, without too much grinding, and more importantly with no hentai at all. My little sister would love the concept, except for this part =).

Edit : @Kaguya : My conception of game oriented means mainly optimisation. I want to be in a situation where I have to think and to play cleverly to win. And if it's too hard, I can always do something to better my troops / characters.

Edit - Bis : Actually one of my all time favourite game of the genre (not of VN though, but not that far) is Disgaea, which is well... Incredible, great humour, tremoudeous possibilities, great gameplay, etc. Of course I won't be able to find a game this deep, but the idea was to exchange a bit of the game part for some VNization.

Awesome guys, thanks for que quick answers ! I tried a bit Sengoku Rance yesterday, seemed fun, but I didn't understant half of the way to conduct battles =D. Gonna spend more time on it if you say it's great !

And if I may ask for another advice, do you know any nice game, without too much grinding, and more importantly with no hentai at all. My little sister would love the concept, except for this part =).

Edit : @Kaguya : My conception of game oriented means mainly optimisation. I want to be in a situation where I have to think and to play cleverly to win. And if it's too hard, I can always do something to better my troops / characters.

Edit - Bis : Actually one of my all time favourite game of the genre (not of VN though, but not that far) is Disgaea, which is well... Incredible, great humour, tremoudeous possibilities, great gameplay, etc. Of course I won't be able to find a game this deep, but the idea was to exchange a bit of the game part for some VNization.

Dangan Ronpa could be a game for her, on that case. It's not really like war strategies and such, it's more like "who commited the murder?!" gameplay.

It's a bit initimidating when you start out, but tons of fun once you get the hang of it. The old RPG rule probably applies to this VN (even though it's strategy and not an RPG) where you play for 5-6 hours to get the hang of it, then restart.

Since most of the gameplay oriented VN are mentioned. I'll just add this here:

• Shikoku no Sharnoth - has a gameplay a bit of like pacman
  • Minna Daisuki Kozukuri Banchou (nukige)- If played the pin minigame in TWEWY in the DS, then this will be very familiar
  • Corpse Party - a horror PSP game, you will need an emulator for this
  • Monmusu Quest - very easy game, but nevertheless very fun with the humor

But really if you're after gameplay, then it's better for you to find some JRPG games like YS chronicles and the likes.