Favorite Anime Voice Actors: Can be Subbed or Dubbed.

Meanpandabomba

Voice actors  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about voice actors?

• yes
    • no

This poll is closed to new votes

I noticed I really like Rie Kugimiya's voice after my recent re-watch of MariMite. It may be partially because she voices my favorite character, but I think there's a feedback loop where she's my favorite character in no small part because of her voice acting.

From the same show, Kana Ueda is also high up on my list of favorite seiyuu. She's probably best known recently for Tohsaka Rin in all Fate properties (all the anime adaptations, and also the voiced version of the VNs, from what I understand)

I noticed I really like Rie Kugimiya's voice after my recent re-watch of MariMite. It may be partially because she voices my favorite character, but I think there's a feedback loop where she's my favorite character in no small part because of her voice acting.

Indeed she is a good voice actress precisely because she portrays her characters so well. It's even more amazing she can still play tsundere lolis given her actual age. That said, the ones I listed are voices I'd be (more than) happy to hear every day in real life for various reasons... (Hocchan sounds a bit like my real life wife).

Suwabe Juniichiro

62c788004bea236f8b33a6dc73ee4e59.jpg

Koyasu takehito

kk7Ni9x_EJA.jpg

Sugita Tomokazu

8804321521d1810773f72dc007ed4d0d.jpg

Kazuhiko Inoue

4lOdaV1f_PI.jpg

And Tetsu inada. He mainly does supporting roles, but you likely know him as bankai dog from bleach, lu bu from dynasty warriors, and more notably in terms of this forum's hobby, this.

For english VAs, It'd be David Hayter, Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill and Jon H. Benjamin.

Edited by joehawks12
fuck these new spoilers man. pain in the ass.

Given that the VN is about to come out, I'm half-tempted to watch the Clannad sub just so I can get used to the voice actors. I'm really used to the English dub actors. Based on my brief time playing the fan translation of the VN, I honestly don't like Fuko's voice either in the dub or the sub, but I prefer David Matranga over the voice actor in that clip. More importantly, I vastly prefer Andrew Love over the Japanese voice actor for Akio. Andrew Love is amazing in the Clannad anime, to the point that I find the character off-putting when it's anybody's voice but his. I have a feeling I'm going to have a tough time with the first ~10 hours of Clannad, when I start playing it...