So, Attack on Titan is Finished (Spoiler Warning)

mitchhamilton

theres been an odd lead up to the ending from the manga readers where they were expecting so many things. one being that the anime would have its own original ending that would fix the manga, that didnt happen, and then they thought we'd absolutely hate the ending as much as they did.

didnt really happen. as far as can see, the ending was overall well received.

but about the episode, and i guess the series itself is i thought it was great! some minor things here maybe but when i look back on the ending episode i appreciate it more and honestly get so, not even teary eyed but just really wanna break down and cry cause eren was a great character, and the part where he breaks down for his best friend really shows just how sad this ending is.

he doesnt want to die, he knows hes going to, no has to. hes the author of his own tragic story to make sure his friends can live peacefully. it may not be infinite but he succeeded and had to make him the ultimate evil form the world had to unite against.

but at the end of it all, he doesnt want to die. its so sad.

The ending fit the overall themes of AoT by the end, tbh.

I really liked how it was handled, and while my friends who were manga readers mention stuff like changes or whatever, ultimately it felt like it made sense given who Eren was. It was satisfying!

Spoiler

I especially like the last part where Historia has an internal monologue about what Eren wanted for them vs. what the people want for themselves. I feel like it's very telling given the context of what happened to Eren at the peak of his titan powers and even Ymir's situation. Even with all of the powers of the world at his hands, if the people do not want the change he seeks, it will never manifest. Which ended up with another future conflict that led to Paradis being nuked. :sacchan:

Change is made not by a single will, but everyone's combined yada yada

I hated S4's release sched though LOL

16 hours ago, Kosakyun said:

The ending fit the overall themes of AoT by the end, tbh.

I really liked how it was handled, and while my friends who were manga readers mention stuff like changes or whatever, ultimately it felt like it made sense given who Eren was. It was satisfying!

Hide contents

I especially like the last part where Historia has an internal monologue about what Eren wanted for them vs. what the people want for themselves. I feel like it's very telling given the context of what happened to Eren at the peak of his titan powers and even Ymir's situation. Even with all of the powers of the world at his hands, if the people do not want the change he seeks, it will never manifest. Which ended up with another future conflict that led to Paradis being nuked. :sacchan:

Change is made not by a single will, but everyone's combined yada yada

I hated S4's release sched though LOL

yeah, the worst part of season 4 was the way it was released. took like, what, 3-4 years for season 4 to be finally over i think?

yeah, a lot of people miss the overall themes of the story which really surprised me, based on what disappointed them about the ending. theyre like zeke in the paths where he was wondering what the point was of doing anything at all except they missed the point overall that those few moments of happiness where there was no real goal but just to throw a ball back and forth, that was so precious to him. people just need to find that. 

5 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

yeah, the worst part of season 4 was the way it was released. took like, what, 3-4 years for season 4 to be finally over i think?

Yeah more or less. It started around 2020 so.

6 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

yeah, a lot of people miss the overall themes of the story which really surprised me, based on what disappointed them about the ending. theyre like zeke in the paths where he was wondering what the point was of doing anything at all except they missed the point overall that those few moments of happiness where there was no real goal but just to throw a ball back and forth, that was so precious to him. people just need to find that. 

You mentioning Zeke reminds me of how funny the way he went out was at the end of the series LOL

Mfer said "what's up mfer looking for me" and instantly exited

On 11/28/2023 at 4:27 PM, Kosakyun said:

Yeah more or less. It started around 2020 so.

You mentioning Zeke reminds me of how funny the way he went out was at the end of the series LOL

Mfer said "what's up mfer looking for me" and instantly exited

Even better in my opinion is Armin appearing in the paths, to see nothing but Zeke playing with sand and saying "oh, hey Eren's friend."