Girls Frontline Porting to Visual Novel project

fos1x

The day has come, I have decieded to port GFL to Visual novel form (Renpy)

This is the place to keep track of the project!

KGIXXMK.png

- Introduction: Girls' Frontline (少女前线) is a mobile strategy role-playing game for ANDROID EMULATOR ON PC developed by China-based studio MICA Team, where players control echelons of android characters, known in-universe as T-Dolls, each carrying a distinctive real-world zoom banger.

- The game was released in Mainland China on 20 May 2016 in Hong Kong and Taiwan on 18 January 2017, and in South Korea on 30 June 2017.

- And The global English version was released on 8 May 2018, while the Japanese version was released on 1 August 2018 under the title Dolls Frontline (ドールズフロントライン) due to the Girls' Frontline trademark in Japan already being held by another registrant.

- Also Girls' Frontline is a prequel of another game developed by MICA Team, Codename: Bakery Girl, released in 2013

- The Game is set in a War-torn future where tactical dolls, more commonly known as T-Dolls, are almost exclusively used for combat in place of humans, some having been repurposed from their previous life as civilian androids. The majority of the world is uninhabitable due to contamination from the Collapse Fluid, and much of humankind is dead. In 2062, the artificial intelligence of Sangvis Ferri (SF) spontaneously rebels against humanity, with their T-Dolls and robots killing their human masters and taking over nearby areas. In response, the private military company (PMC) Griffin & Kryuger (G&K) is hired to contain and eliminate Sangvis Ferri forces; the player assumes the role of a recently promoted G&K Commander The base storyline focuses on the adventures of this commander and the Anti-Rain (AR) Team consisting of M4a1, STAR-15, m4 SOP(O)mod ii, M16a1, and RO (635). Other important characters include the commander's logistics officer, Kalina, AK-12, AN-94, AK-15, RPK-16 and Angelia of Squad DEFY and Squad 404, made up of UMP45, UMP9, 416, and Gr G11.

- Enough copy and paste from the Wiki, I have been playing this game since August 2019 and being a daily login commander since, I'm very impressed how the writing and the world of this game set in, so I want to bring this to a bigger screen... (most GFL player already play this game on their pc) and no, only the visual novel part!

- The game currently have ~40 main chapter and ton of side story, not counting ~9 Collab story, and tons of Individual character event/story, each can last from 10 minutes to 3 hours!

- Goal: my goal is to preserve the game In an offline Visual Novel form, while keeping the "vibe" of the in game visual novel as close as possible including sprite Animation, sound and VFX

- Off course, this can't be done perfectly while I have some personal editorial bias toward the visual novel "quality of life" aspect, but don't worry, I will try to keep the script 100% to the original.

- The other goal is to create a general archive of GFL, including but not Limited to Sprite/CG/Music/Character info.

- And finally, here's the progress of this project and stuff to do that will be constantly updated:

• Script Porting Progression : chapter 10_5 singularity
  • UI Progression: not so basic UI Navigation
  • MUSIC PLAYER: NA
  • GALLERY: NA
  • CHAPTER UI: Goal is to emulate in game story UI (except for Longitudinal Strain)
  • Skill level in making this happen: Worse than Yandev
  • NOT GET DMCA FROM THE MAN HIMSELF : 🤞

MERRY CHRISTMAS GAME IS OUT IN BETA!
GFL REDUX 1.0 BETA TEST

Edited by fos1x
update

FAQ that no one ask:

- Q. Alpha when? A.when the UI is done and at least porting to Singularity  PTSD event

- Q. Why Renpy? A. It's well documented

- Q. CN JP TW KR LANGUAGE? A. this will mainly be in EN currently and have no interest porting other languages

- Q. L2D sprite? A. 😌 no, at least not yet.

- Q. VA? A. In the year of 2025 where AI voice were advance enough I will make VA base on Characters adjutant dialog and then I will be Sue to oblivion! 💸

Edited by fos1x

• 2 months later...