A switch port for Hana Awase with Japanese, Chinese and English subtitles was announced!

Shiawase_Rina

FropIV0WIAYxRtr?format=jpg&name=large

Description:

A maiden's prayer shall make the flower bloom.

There is a card game called "Kasen", which is played with cards known as "Hanafuda". Only a handful of people, known as "Kaei", can call on and draw the power of the "flower". With most Kaei are men, the five students who possess the most power within the academy are referred to as the "Gokou" and are revered.

This is a story about a maiden who has dedicated herself to five male students aiming to become one of the Gokou, set in Kasen National Academy, which is a school that produces many individuals with rare talents.

[from vndb]

Hana Awase was originally released for PC in 4 parts starting in 2012. The last part was first released in 2019.

Along with the usual visual novel and adventure game gameplay it also features a Hanafuda battle system.

The Switch port will be released sometime in 2023.

I don't know much about the game but have heard some things about it. Like that it was jokingly called Yu-gi-oh the otome game lol

I will definitely get it. Whether I'll get the physical edition will depend on if they release all 4 parts in one game or not. I would rather not import 4 separate games...

God 2023 is loaded with English otome game releases!

• 5 weeks later...

Given the words highlighted in the latest MG survey report post, the English text and/or publishing will likely be partly handled by MangaGamer. (oh, I see there's already staff designated on the vndb page. They've definitely worked with MG before...)

there might be hope for a PC release, who knows

• 2 weeks later...

Super excited for the game! in the event that they choose to not make the port, we can turn to ryujinx/yuzu to play it (as long as your PC is good enough) but sailing the high seas will be necessary, unfortunately. might buy the physical copy to support the devs later on though

Edited by JakoDel
extra stuff

• 4 weeks later...

While otome here is not what I usually look closely for most of the time, I admit that the addition of card game is somehow quite interesting seeing that it's quite rare to see the translated VNs with it, although apparently it's more like Princess Waltz instead of Soukoku no Arterial (As for Hanafuda element, I only know it through Fate Hollow Ataraxia and not knowing any of it). Mangagamer may have a hand in regard of the English license, although they didn't announce it on last AX (Maybe they save the announcement for AX or Otakon later if they indeed have the license for this). In any case, if they really have the license then hopefully they can release it on PC.

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...

Turned out that Mangagamer did announce this at AX, so here's the opening video from them for the proof.

PS - I know there's a tweet from them in regard of it, although thanks to Twitter's... less than savory policy I can only post the opening video for the proof.

Edited by littleshogun