My Mangagamer request

Novel21

So i have made Account on Mangagamer.com where i posted my request i License Request thread, So here is link for it

http://forums.mangagamer.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11&p=6458#p6458

And i want to hear there option about my request and we can talk about whish Games there want to request.

And i hope this was not wrong thread to Ask this

There are many great untrlaslated VNs, here are some that I would love to see translated that aren't in progress of translation.

Bloody Rondo

Otome ga Tsumugu Koi no Canvas

Devils Devel Concept

Monobeno

Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road

Secret Game Code:Revise

Onii-chan Sharing

Koiseyo!! Imouto Banchou

Re:birth colony -Lost azurite-

Madou Koukaku

Aiyoku no Eustia

PS: those are just some that I would most like to read, but there is a lot more.

PS2:  I think that similar topic exist already. (It is called VNs you are waiting for translation or something similar)

Posting your requests on the Mangagamer board is good and fine, but you posted in the wrong thread.  That's the thread for requests from existing partners.  From a quick glance at your list, I don't see any titles that meet that criterium.  You should instead post in this thread, but realize that requests from new partners are much less likely to get fulfilled (as Mangagamer is a tiny outfit that has very little negotiating power).  You'd be better off picking 1 or 2 favorite developers and promoting those, since every title from a new partner is a new set of negotiations that must take place.

To maximize the relevance of your voice, you should take a look at Mangagamer's current partners and identify untranslated titles that interest you.  Recent titles (released within the past 5 years) are more likely to be picked up.

As far as imouto-themed games, Mangagamer seems to be delivering.  You might want to check out their upcoming Imouto Paradise.  Harukoi Otome and Guilty the Sin also feature imoutos.

Recent titles (released within the past 5 years) are more likely to be picked up.

There's a number of reasons for this, chiefly being that lower resolution titles don't sell as well.  Older titles also present OS compatibility issues, and the developer is more likely to not have data such as the original uncensored images on hand.

While titles being released within 1-2 years of their Japanese release is also unlikely, the time frame of these requests being fulfilled is such that this isn't an issue.

I do like imoutos.  In fact I play games like this.

That means you know Japanese and that you don't depend on translation projects, nice for you. I can't wait till I learn enough Japanese to be able to read VNs. It would probably also take less time than waiting for translation as that might as well newer even happen (especially if we wait for mangagamer as from what I know they are more likely to translate VNs with a bigger focus on sex than story). Well in my case I expect to be able to read Japanese VNs in a period of one year from now so I just have to be a little more patient, but if you ask me about translation of those VNs I would put my hopes in fun translation groups like Amaterasu Translations rather than in mangagamer.

I know some Japanese, not enough to actually read a VN unassisted.  I use tools like ATLAS and JParser together with text hooking tools to play Japanese VNs.

Even counting fan translations, only like 5% of VNs ever get translated.  Mangagamer is, for the most part, limited to working with the companies it has existing relations with.  It's generally not reasonable to expect them to localize just any game that strikes one's fancy.  They do localize a lot of nukige because that's what people actually buy.  Those dollar votes steer their choice of localization projects.  They do work on story-driven titles but these projects take more time and resources, whereas the nukige projects finish quickly and thus can be released at a relatively rapid rate with lower risk of financial failure.

Sigh I wish I could read Japansk now, so I can play Japansk games and not only English games, but that would never happend, so I for just play English games, I looking forward to Imouto Paradise! ~Onii-chan to Go nin no Imouto no Ecchi Shimakuri na Mainichi~ Very much, So I hope this game get full English patch soon

I know some Japanese, not enough to actually read a VN unassisted.  I use tools like ATLAS and JParser together with text hooking tools to play Japanese VNs.

Even counting fan translations, only like 5% of VNs ever get translated.  Mangagamer is, for the most part, limited to working with the companies it has existing relations with.  It's generally not reasonable to expect them to localize just any game that strikes one's fancy.  They do localize a lot of nukige because that's what people actually buy.  Those dollar votes steer their choice of localization projects.  They do work on story-driven titles but these projects take more time and resources, whereas the nukige projects finish quickly and thus can be released at a relatively rapid rate with lower risk of financial failure.

Actually 1.5% of VNs get translated (there is 13000 VNs on VNDB and there is 200 fully translated VNs). About mangagamer if things that you said were totally correct then what about just usa and moenovel they are in the same position as mangagamer but they release a lot more story-driven titles (well moenovel is new but they started with a lot of promises).

If you want exact numbers: http://vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=tagspoil-2.lang-en.olang-ja;o=a;s=title;p=12

It works out to 568/12417 (4.6%).  I used the filters "original language: Japanese" and "language: English".  The denominator uses only the former tag; the numerator uses both.

As for "being totally correct", I don't really see how my assertions about Mangagamer need to be supported with data from other companies, or why I should feel obligated to provide such data for the sake of credibility--the topic is about Mangagamer and I replied with statements that focused on Mangagamer and weren't necessarily meant to be generalized to the industry at large.

I could however comment on other topics, as the whim strikes me.

VNDB gives you partial patches too here are only completed ones: (203) http://vntls.org/browse/?q=&finished=on

And when I said being totally correct I mean that there is truth to what you say but that is not the main factor for them not releasing so many story-driven titles but that they just prefer to translate more sex focused ones and comparing them to other companies in the same position proves that.

VNDB gives you partial patches too here are only completed ones: (203) http://vntls.org/browse/?q=&finished=on

That list isn't complete.  Examine the year range from 2003-2007.  I guarantee you more than 5 titles were released in English during that span.  It seems to be missing a large number of localized titles.  I do acknowledge that the VNDB comparison is an overestimation since it includes partial patches (which I had overlooked).

And when I said being totally correct I mean that there is truth to what you say but that is not the main factor for them not releasing so many story-driven titles but that they just prefer to translate more sex focused ones and comparing them to other companies in the same position proves that.

That's a completely unsupported statement.  You're assuming equivalency.  You're using an assumption to prove a point.  In what ways are Mangagamer, JAST USA, and MoeNovel the same?  In what ways are they different?  Have you scrutinized them to the extent that you can say they're "in the same position"?  They're quite different, with different business models and resources and different audiences.  MoeNovel has yet to prove itself sustainable.  They could very well go the way of Hirameki.  JAST relies increasingly on fan-sourced projects, which it appears to use as leverage to push through negotiations and keep costs down.  JAST also has the marketing resources and connections to reach outside the existing fanbase to consumers more willing to part with their money, which increases sales of titles that would otherwise be heavily played but rarely purchased.

I'm quite inclined to take Mangagamer at their word: that their nukige sell just as well or better than their story titles and on top of that are much cheaper and quicker to localize.  Not to mention that JAST went through a similar period where they released mostly nukige and found it to be a successful approach.

That list isn't complete.  Examine the year range from 2003-2007.  I guarantee you more than 5 titles were released in English during that span.  It seems to be missing a large number of localized titles.  I do acknowledge that the VNDB comparison is an overestimation since it includes partial patches (which I had overlooked).

That's a completely unsupported statement.  You're assuming equivalency.  You're using an assumption to prove a point.  In what ways are Mangagamer, JAST USA, and MoeNovel the same?  In what ways are they different?  Have you scrutinized them to the extent that you can say they're "in the same position"?  They're quite different, with different business models and resources and different audiences.  MoeNovel has yet to prove itself sustainable.  They could very well go the way of Hirameki.  JAST relies increasingly on fan-sourced projects, which it appears to use as leverage to push through negotiations and keep costs down.  JAST also has the marketing resources and connections to reach outside the existing fanbase to consumers more willing to part with their money, which increases sales of titles that would otherwise be heavily played but rarely purchased.

I'm quite inclined to take Mangagamer at their word: that their nukige sell just as well or better than their story titles and on top of that are much cheaper and quicker to localize.  Not to mention that JAST went through a similar period where they released mostly nukige and found it to be a successful approach.

I never said that they don't sell well their products/translations or that they would have batter sales if they translate more of a story-driven VNs. But I am not into them I read VNs because of the story not because of sex and from what I had read of post on fuwanovel I would say that it is the same case for majority of fuwanovel members.

As for the list of completed translations there are 17 translated titles in a period of 2003-2007, you probably clicked to sort by "last update" but that button doesn't work properly and it only sort out 50 titles on that page not the whole list.

I never said that they don't sell well their products/translations or that they would have batter sales if they translate more of a story-driven VNs. But I am not into them I read VNs because of the story not because of sex and from what I had read of post on fuwanovel I would say that it is the same case for majority of fuwanovel members.

I would go even further: without their nukige sales it's doubtful Mangagamer could even remain sustainable.  A community based around a warez site is hardly the population sample you'd want to use to gauge what people would buy.  I wouldn't be surprised if likelihood of buying X title was inversely related with total titles a person has played.  Or that being a consumer of fan-translated titles meant you were less likely to ever buy anything.  It seems like the more the VN fanbase grows, the smaller the proportion of people that care to support the medium becomes.  Sort of like the bystander effect, although in this case the diffusion of responsibility is actively propagated by the digital culture that has evolved around the medium.

As for the list of completed translations there are 17 translated titles in a period of 2003-2007, you probably clicked to sort by "last update" but that button doesn't work properly and it only sort out 50 titles on that page not the whole list.

I also searched on the title "True Love" and didn't find it.  I admittedly didn't look for every game ever localized to see the rate at which they popped up in the list.  I did just count all titles released by JAST and sister brands, as well as Hirameki International, during the 2003-2007 period.  I count 50.  That doesn't count fan translations and illegal commercial projects.  So again, that list is incomplete by a fairly large margin-- it missed more than 2/3 of translated titles in an arbitrarily picked 5-year span.

You say that your point is stronger but I failed to even get what are you trying to prove. I mean I did acknowledge that they probably earn more by translating nukige than story-driven VNs but as part of story-driven VN fanbase (that is majority of this society) it is normal that I would put my hope in other groups and organizations. Also saying that without their nukige they wouldn't even be able to remain sustainable is just going too far.