Lover Pretend was released in English

Shiawase_Rina

Game-Page-Featured_Lover-Pretend-Inits.j

Description:

Protagonist Chiyuki lives alone and spends all of her time studying for university and doing part-time work.

She has two dreams in life. The first is to become a scriptwriter, which was a dream her deceased mother also wanted to be. The second is to find her father who she never met.

She learns from the clues left behind by her mother that she was writing a drama script just before she was born.

“Perhaps those involved in the drama may know something…”

At the same time, she began working as an assistant to a scriptwriter for a film that the sons of the drama staff are making.

Chiyuki tries looking for information while working her new job, but in a twist of events ends up cast in the role of their love interest…?

This is a fake love role, not true love. Can Chiyuki draw up a script about fake lovers, while not knowing anything about falling in love herself?

[from Gematsu]

Lover Pretend was originally released in Japan in March 2021 on Switch. Aksys is also holding a giveaway for the game on their Twitter. It will close on the 14th December.

In reviews it is described as a k-drama-like romcom. So it might be something for those that want more romance in their otome games! It's a breath of fresh air in the localised otome sphere since it's still pretty rare to get romance focused ones.

I'm also curious how I will feel about the k-drama-ness of it all. My sister loves them but I haven't watched much myself.

I also have it on my desk already but it will have to wait until I'm done with Pokemon lol

Well the graphic is nice all right, and also this is the only translated otome VN that manage to involve a villainess that most of light novel writer like to write even though it's only for one route. Also now that you mention that, it's quite rare to see translated otome VN that put the full focus on the romance so at least it's quite something. Lastly have fun to anyone else who already enjoyed it.

PS - Too bad that Aksys Games insist that they only released otome VN for console only, which is too bad seeing that there's a lot of interesting otome VN from them and also most of the people didn't own Switch.

Edited by littleshogun

20 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Well the graphic is nice all right, and also this is the only translated otome VN that manage to involve a villainess that most of light novel writer like to write even though it's only for one route. Also now that you mention that, it's quite rare to see translated otome VN that put the full focus on the romance so at least it's quite something. Lastly have fun to anyone else who already enjoyed it.

PS - Too bad that Aksys Games insist that they only released otome VN for console only, which is too bad seeing that there's a lot of interesting otome VN from them and also most of the people didn't own Switch.

There is one other otome game I know that is close to the villainess trope: Rika from Amnesia Memories. She is the leader of a fanclub of one of the guys and she can get very scary! Thankfully she's more than just a crazy yandere villainess and she just rules in the fandiscs lol I hope I come to like the villainess in Lover Pretend as well~

There are some Aksys otome games that got switch ports (Psychedelica games, 7'scarlet) but yeah those were made by other companies. I would be nice if they at least got someone to port the games after a year on console (then piracy shouldn't be such a concern anymore if it is one).

Well as for that I afraid that Kirari (The name of the villainess character) may not fulfill the kind of villainess character that you're hoping seeing that she's more or less quite tame compared to the villainess in the manga/light novel, in which Rika here looks like more textbook example on the villainess there. So perhaps it might be better to tone down the expectation, although perhaps you may find yourself to like Kirari later on.

I agree that it would be nice if some people can port Aksys otome VN into PC version, although perhaps Idea Factory are far more interested to port their usual RPG instead of trying to port otome VN. Speaking of them, while at least they'll also release Neptunia Sisters vs Sisters on PC later, I'm still waiting for them to finally released Mary Skelter Finale for PC later. By the way I did mention Idea Factory because all of Aksys licensed console otome VNs are produced by them, and yeah the exception of the otome VNs that are available on PC are not ported by Idea Factory.

Edited by littleshogun