Steins;Gate Limited Edition Giveaway

solidbatman

1) Why did you enter this contest: I entered after having followed you on Twitter beforehand and seeing a buddy mention the awesomeness of the contest later on (Don't know why he hadn't entered.). I had assumed it would be a raffle or something and didn't aim to try, but when I read up on how it was going to be run, I actually got pretty excited. Regardless of the outcome, I wanted in on the fun. I never get the chance to be a part of any kind of cool content creation thing, contest or not, so I signed up.

2) Would you have put in as much effort if it was only a digital prize: I might not have. It depended on the prize, yeah. For example- This site has a lot of VNs on it, of course, Steins;Gate included, which I have read, but with how much I loved the VN, actually having it physically would be absolutely incredible to me. If it had been for a digital Steins;Gate, I may have not been as motivated, but if it was a digital copy of something that isn't available to me, then yes, absolutely I'd be motivated. That was of course then and not now though, having participated in the contest that view has changed some, which I'll get into in the next question.

3) In the future, would you want to see more long term contests, or short term? Digital prizes, or physical?: This is kind of hard to answer, but I'd think slightly shorter term, but with about as many challenges. Like maybe 2 a week for half the length or something. I like some stress and I like tight time windows and working under pressure or against the clock. As far as prizes go- Whatever you want. The contest was so fun to me that I'd do it for anything, really. The challenges and the friendly competition is so fun, and everyone gets to put up awesome stuff. I will say that getting people motivated to sign up and do it, physical stuff is more appealing, but for previous contestants, I don't think it'd be hard to get us to enter and try and win.

In the end- I'd say do what's most comfortable for you. Above all.

1.) A contest for a Visual Novel? Of course I had to enter! I haven't played Steins;Gate but i've heard people say how good it is over and over again. I'm also new to the Fuwaforums so I thought this would be a good way to start interacting with some of the others that hang out here. The physical copy sealed the deal because i've always regretted not ordering the Deardrops physical copy, so i'm keen to get my hands on this one.

2.) As long as it's for something I would use, then definitely. I've mentioned that the physical copy was something that interested me but i'd be just as happy to compete for a digital one. I've enjoyed this contest so much that i'd probably even compete if I didn't need what was there and give up whatever I won at the end.

3.) Long term contests are a lot more fun in my opinion but you'll get more competitors with shorter contests. I personally would prefer physical copies but digital copies would be easier on your pocket!

1) I was new(er) to the forums and I wanted to share in and take part in a community event. I didn't really have any expectation of winning, nor did I really have any idea if it would be something I'd enjoy (I can be a bit of a wet blanket), but it turned out to be quite fun.

2) I think so. I'm not much of a physical collector when it comes to games and definitely not one when it comes to VNs, so digital suits me just fine. I'm interested in World End Economica, so it's nice to have two different games to aim for.

3) I'd say longer contests are more fulfilling and fun, but they do require more out of both contenstants and judges. Physical prizes do give something tangible to chase after and I can see how they'd be more desirable, but digital prizes are often cheaper and you have a wider range of options to give as a prize.

1) Why did you enter this contest?

Apart from ZOMG PRIZES, I somewhat like competitions I guess. I was bored?

2) Would you have put in as much effort if it was only a digital prize?

Probably. I've read s;g already anyway, dysfunctional systems is actually more interesting (though significantly less valuable..)

3) In the future, would you want to see more long term contests, or short term? Digital prizes, or physical?

Shorter would be good. Seven weeks is pretty crazy, lol. Physical prizes are not as important to me as to others, but I admit to liking boxes like most other people.

Day Five

Hey! Remember Day One? Remember how I asked you what was your favorite challenge? Guess what! You get to do that challenge again! Oh wonderful times! 

The challenge that you selected on Day One of this week is your challenge for today. For some of you, you are screwed, for others, you are saved. No bonuses or penalties for this one. Complete the challenge you said was your favorite on Day One of this week. I have screenshots of each selection so no trying to edit on me. 

Songs To Video Game By

Yep, Also A Verb

1. Final Fantasia

An orchestral medley of the very best selection of Final Fantasy music. And by Final Fantasy music, we mean Final Fantasy VII music.

2. Darkness' Wake

Spider-trail violin sequences feature heavily in this heart-stopping terror of a tune. Sponsored by famous author Alan Wake!

3. Mordin Solus Marathon

Your favorite Salarian scientist makes a comeback, and luckily for you it's 24 hours long!

4. Dynasty Rockers

The Han Dynasty Heroes you know and love come together during a rare time of peace to rock out just for your entertainment.

5. Requiem of the Star Ocean

All of the feelings invoked by looking up at the night sky are contained in this single song.

6. .Hack//EARGASM

Once you hear this song, you might never recover.

7. Spyro the Drummer

We're not quite sure how he does it, but this little dragon plays a mean solo.

8. BioRock

Shame on you if you didn't see this one coming.

9. Call of Booty: Double-Tap Dat Ass

We're actually very sorry to include this, but they're released so often we kind of had to include it.

10. Pokerap Remix

The classic everybody should know interspersed with all of Pokemon's other amazing tunes. Remastered in Gameboy Color quality!

I won't lie, i'm not as happy with these ones but I also don't have too much time tonight >.<

Wii.

Us.

And.

Everyone.

Else.

1.Wii Play Sports
The very first game that I played on the Wii. The startup sounded epic so here's a real song.

2.The Twilight Princess Zone
Wake up every morning to the sounds of adventure, wolves, and over the top darkness.

3.Plasma Beam on C-Major
Best listened to while exploring the longest city in the sky ever conceived in video games.

4.Super Mario Zer0 Gravity
Dubstep medley of Super Mario Galaxy's final boss battle.

5.Okami: Drums and Paint brushes
In which I painstakingly play the Okami theme song with paint brushes on drums.

6.Raving Over Rayman
Who doesn't love mini games? Who doesn't love songs about minigames?

7.Wii aren't really fit...
My singsong reaction to Wii Fit calling me overly obese...

8.Now it's a Brawl!
Translated from Latin to English intro song with heavy metal playing so loud you can barely hear my voice.

9.Bongo Hero 3
I don't know how to play guitar but I do have some bongos.

10.Skyward Song: Look up in the sky! It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's... um... Link.
A song about flying; in reality, far more fitting for Superman....

tLmJu2a.png

Wii Play Sports:
https://soundcloud.com/user304712153/wii-play-sports

Lyrics:

Let's go play some wii Spooooooooooooorts!

Let's
Play
Tennis
inside
The
House
No
one
Will
Mind

Then
We
Can go
Play
Some golf
Be
sure
to
keep
the
strap
on

Up to four person bowling

Boxing low blows is trolling

All these sports and two more
Thats whats in store
When
Your
Playing
With
Wii
Sports

So get back up

I know you love wii sports
I really know you love wii sports

It was yet another dark and stormy Halloween night, our five adventurers Batman, Hachikuji, Kyou (from Clannad), Madoka, and Mare (from Hoshimemo)returned for another fun night of trick-or-treating together. This time they decided to meet up at the Batcave and set out from there. Since Batman was rich, they took one of his fancy cars and drove out to the neighborhood that they had visited before.

There was no question what would happen this time, they would continue on with their previous contest. Whoever got the most candy at the end of the night would be the victor and get bragging rights. One would only hope that Batman had learned his lesson and would not pick on the others. Sadly, this was not the case and before even arriving at the destination, he had made Madoka cry again.

When they finally got to their destination, they all got out of the car and walked around a bit since the Dark Knight had driven way too fast. While everyone was still stretching and getting accustomed to their surroundings, Kyou did a flying jump kick and kicked Batman right back into the car. Sensing that this would happen, Hachikuji had already taken the car keys from Batman and locked up the car. Since the car was so expensive, it came with a one-way alarm system where only the key holder could actually unlock the car. So in their costumes as last time, they left Batman stuck in the car while they went out to get candy.

If that wasn't already bad enough, they didn't even leave a window open for Batman. Not only was he getting hot inside of the car, but the air was also getting stuffy inside of the car. He knew that all he could do was wait for them to come back. Yet again, he would be stuck without being able to go out and get candy.

While the others went out trick-or-treating, kids came by the car that Batman was stuck in and started taking pictures of him. Batman tried to shoo the kids away, but the children soon noticed that he was stuck in the car and started laughing at him. Some of the kids ever started throwing candy at the car and before long all the kids were throwing things at the car. This would include pumpkins, candy, chocolate, leaves, and whatever else they could find. Before long there was a giant stack of things on top of and around the car.

Sadly, another series of unfortunate events would lead to the car being lit on fire by a Jack-o-lantern. The good thing was that the car was also fireproof and he wasn't actually going to die inside. On the other hand, that did not mean that the car would not get even hotter. Eventually Batman decided it might be a good idea to at least take off his cape and possibly any heavy stuff he had on. He was left with just his basic uniform and mask on by the time the others came back. The others came back and just decided to leave him there overnight. That way he may actually learn his lesson.

To this day everyone tells of this tale, no one knows which street corner Batman was left on and where he ended up. The only thing we do know is that you should never make Madoka cry.

I think I put in more effort the second time around...

I must apologize for this one not being anywhere near as good as the first (to me).

Had less time and spent less time working on it. :x

Slightly different approach (also more simple lol)

Scenario: Inevitably deemed a pervert by Hachikuji- Batman, unable to just leave her alone, proceeds to be her protector in a less detectable but far creepier fashion.

jlXWFIT.jpg

it was a dark and stormy day, and the candles... actually, wait a minute. We don't even have any candles in here! Well fuck, guess my intro is completely ruined now.

Ok, ok. It was a day of average lighting for the autumnal season, with predictably so-so overcast weather that was neverthless unlikely to produce any kind of dramatic weather effect.

I was sitting in my computer chair typing away idly in the #fuwanovel IRC when the doorbell rang.

Did I mention that this was in the middle of the goddman night? Jesus fucking christ.

After a few moments of pure what-the-fuck time had passed, I realized my parents weren't going to handle this one for me. I wearily pulled myself out of my computer chair, taking off my headphones.

5:19 AM.

I walked into the hall and arrived at our door.

...Maybe they'll just go away if I don't open it...

The doorbell rang yet again.

Well, fuck it.

I opened the door, and saw... wait, what the fuck.

"...Holy shit nice cosplay what the fuck do you even know what time it is fuck you oh god what the hell."

In the doorway was: a cocky red-haired girl, holding hands with a blue-haired one whilst chewing on a stick of what I assume was Pocky; A dark, serious long-haired girl glaring at me, a short pink-haired girl with cute braids and a ribbon in her hair. Behind the two odd couples (which honestly would probably have caused me  to die by nosebleed if anime physics applied) was a blonde drill-haired girl that for some reason had a scarf tied around her neck.

"ツリック オウー ツリーツ!"

I shook my head in bewilderment. Was what I just heard a mangled "trick or treat!" of some kind? Japanese? Here in Sweden? Where the fuck did these weeaboos come from?

Is it even halloween? ... I don't even know, I don't keep track of this shit any more...

Fuck this.

"Trick."

I closed the door. Not long after, I heard something soft hit the door repeatedly.

Turns out the fuckers threw a fuckload of tomatoes (strangely, though, they were fresh ones) at our door, then left.

I doubt I'll even find out how those girls managed to pull off that stunt.

In fact, I've started wondering whether...

Nah, there's no way.

There's no way that could have been the actual cast of Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Once upon a time, there was a man named solidbatman. He decided to troll the forums and start a seven week long contest that would test the entrants' wits, guts, and determination. At first he thought this was a great idea. As time went on, he realized he had made a horrible mistake. With so many people participating, he would actually have to get the prize and make sure someone wins it. If not the backlash would be crazy. So during the seven weeks, he made different events and contests that required the participants to do really hard or embarrassing things so that he could at least laugh at their misfortune. As time wore on, he got more and more bored with the contest and decided to put in less and less effort. As the home stretch was approaching, he thought he would try to be the terrible host that makes guests do things that were not only repetitive but also annoying enough that they would have to put in effort. Even if he wasn't able to get what he wanted out of the contest, he could get some laughs and watch the poor contestants suffer. As the final days approached, he thought he would make his entrants write a story about the contest. Maybe they would write about their struggles, maybe they will praise him, or maybe just maybe, they may come to love him. However, he did not see shcboomer's post coming. All he thought was that shcboomer was lazy and put in very little effort, and he wanted to make sure he was tripped up by having to write a realistic story of some sort. He was wrong on a lot of counts, no one would have seen this post coming. Who would think that someone would post about the contest and try to figure out solidbatman's intentions. Even with that, it was not enough, solidbatman had to take full control of the situation. In order to do so, he made sure that there were bonus points and no way of knowing how to actually obtain them. Maybe if he hid some points, he could make sure that everyone would be tripped up, that or he could arbitrarily assign points. This way the leaderboard could be as skewed as he wanted it to be. As day six drew to a close, he knew that he had done the right thing and that everything was working out just as planned. Even this post was part of his master plan and nothing would stop him from accomplishing his goals. His entire intention was to raise his likes count on his profile by having more people like his posts. One thing he could not have imagined was that people would only like one of his posts and that the rest would be ignored by the mass majority. Before he knew it, he had not only failed in getting likes, but he was also outed to the entire community. What would he do now? The answer was simple, he would pretend this was not the case and move on with his merry life.

:P

Forgot to say this in the post regarding how delivery of the prizes will work. I am but a humble blue collar worker with many expenses. So the First Place winner will get priority. S;G will be purchased right after I get the shipping info from them.

Second and Third Place winners should get their prizes shortly after (no more than two weeks later). Those are digital prizes and will be delivered via PM or email, 

The man known commonly as Solidbatman was on his computer one night. In one tab, he had the Fuwanovel forums open. On another tab, he had the JastUsa Steins;Gate preorder open. Before he clicked purchase, he opened another tab and checked his bank account. He looked through all three tabs, comparing their similarities and their differences. He then chuckled, added a copy to his preorder purchase, and began a post on the Fuwanovel Forums. Then he sat back, getting comfortable, as he saw streams of emails come in.

"Oh, my tights and leotards are so ready."

"And so it begins..."

"Does this count as an answer?"

The applicants came rolling in. Soon there became too many. He had to think of something quick. Then, he hardened his resolve and added 2nd and 3rd place prizes. Sitting back, Solidbatman looked at the screen and laughed; he laughed like a mad scientist, because it was so cool...

The first challenge came. Solidbatman demanded a picture of Batman and Hachikuji Mayoi interacting somehow. "Let the games begin." He said as he clicked the send button. Those who hadn't seen Bakemonogatari, and those who couldn't draw to save their life, cringed at the challenge, but they still drew.

Week 3. He carefully selected his favorite picture, and awarded extra points. No doubt this increased morale dramatically. He needed to up the challenge. Then it came to him; daily challenges!

Day one: People's lives were adapted into an anime by :Production I.G, Sunrise, Inc, and UFOTable

Day Two: Poetry appeared out of thin air, as the challengers tried to figure out what rhymes with Batman and Hachikuji Mayoi some managed, some quit.

"I'll resign from the giveaway."

Day three: All the challengers were somehow arrested. Some for robbing a bank,  some for playing  G-Senjou no Maou on a far too large lcd screen in one sitting. But they were all somehow bailed, by their favorite fictional characters no doubt. Sakuya, G-Man, and Kyousuke came to save the day.

Day Four: Tapping into the Lusts of a bunch of visual novel fanatics, Soildbatman set the challengers up on an impossible to be held date. Giving them only one line, challengers spouted pick up lines, spoke Japanese, and even talked about time machines for no decerible reason.

Day Five: "Point deductions," Solidbatman deducted,"That's what's been missing this entire time." Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar? It couldn't be the cookie monster, there's an S in monster. The deductions from the missing letters of B, H, P, L, or S completely derailed the challengers, Pictures, bad grammar and false accusations flew through the air.

"Yo creo que you ate it."

"Everyone"

"Fuuko did, fuuko took a cookie and tried to run in zig zag on your car, fuuko didn't make it, after a minute fuuko got tired and tried to take one more cookie"

Day Six: Looking at the Day Five Posts, Solidbatman felt as though he had been to harsh, and decided to give a free day. As long as they said "Anything" They would get points.

Day Seven: Suddenly Batman. Solidbatman awoke the challengers, by asking them to introduce his favorite crime fighting super hero into their favorite stories. Batman soon appeared in: Crime and Punishment, Lord of the Flies, and Batman even became Conan the Barbarian.

With daily challenges over, Solidbatman had to devise a challenge that would be both difficult and amusing. He had to have them singing and danceing for them before it was over.... "Singing eh...? He thought as he wrote the post for week 4.

That night when the challengers were told to create an album, a cover, and sing for bonus points, the creative juices overflowed. With such great hits like:  Solidbatman's Returns, The Command Seal Of My Heart, and Let's Watch Anime; only a few singers rose up to the challenge. In fact, some felt like they had to resign from the competition entirely.

"I give up. Not trying for it anymore~"

Two days til Halloween when the week five challenge arrived. The challenged, Solidbatman had decided, was the compose a fan fiction, of five characters trick or treating. "Should be easy enough," Then, he thought that those out of the top three needed a boost and added. "My favorite will get 10 bonus points; 5 if the winner is in the top 3". After clicking send he watched the submissions come in.

Stories ranged from Batman, to Cthulu, to Mario , to Link, to Tinkerbell. The stories came piling in. Solidbatman was so pleased to see the determination, and the creativity that shown in these tales. 

One week later, while Soildbatman was counting product in a grocery store, he came upon a slight heaache. Soon the headache grew into the night. At first he thought he was forgetting something; Then he remembered, the weekly challenge. He put up a post claiming the challenge to come 12 hours earlier than he promised the next day.

"Convince me," He said, "To purchase the worst game you can think of."

He said that the challengers could lie, cheat, and mislead him to make the best sales pitch of the worst game ever. Soon ads for Duke Nukem Forever were revamped with " How could anyone possibly not want to play something that has been called vaporware for so long." Big Rigs Over The Road Racing, was introduced a second time into the market with the claim "Push forward, unaffected by any change in the terrain. This is meant to mark a more positive look at the human condition: our ability to overcome and face adversity head on." And Superman 64 got the annoying salesperson treatment "All of these reason add up to prove that the gameplay experience of Superman 64 is seriously the best game playing you will ever partake it.". If the challengers were the original advertisers for these games, they would have probably sold better. Although some participants couldn't take their jokes, or take the challenge.

"One invests time and money developing a game, overcoming obstacles, debugging and refactoring, and wants to see his effort rewarded, not mocked and made fun of."

Solidbatman was reflecting on the last seven weeks. He had issued about 13 challenges, and was nearing the end. He thought "How can I make these moments last forever?" Then he remembered week 3."Daily Challenges....Yesss." He said, fingertips together. And thus, the final seven day challenge per day began.

Day One: After reflecting the past seven weeks, he implored the challengers to do the same, having them pick their favorite challenge, get some feedback. Some chose a complicated one, some chose a simple one, but none were expecting their choice to make a difference down the line.

Day Two: Hidden Messages, and Alphabet stories. Solidbatman told the challengers to look back to their kindergarten years, and had them use the alphabet to create a story. Then he said "a clue regarding the Day Three Challenge is hidden somewhere in this post." The story was the easy part, but the hard part was the clue. 

Then the next day; Bizkitdoh, a challenger, found and released the secret message to the public. Meanwhile, Solidbatman was far too busy playing Long Live The Queen, and killing his queen with poison chocolates, to write up the challenge. About an hour later, he saw he was late for the challenge, so he got up, posted the vague challenge, and went back to his game. 

Day Three: The challenge was invisible. Literally. Panic swept the players, they looked all around the post; but then they remembered, Bizkitdoh posted the hidden clue, and upon highlighting the post, the challengers were given a cryptic clue.  "it is somewhere in this post. Maybe not where you'd think. Rorona might know...". The scouring of the post began, looking, finding connecions to the message. Rorona was Solidbatman's avatar at the time. Then the looked; under the signature.

"Pm me for points."

At that moment, anyone smart enough to figure it out sent Solidbatman a private message. But, unfortunatly, some players had a harder time than others figuring out the challenge.

" I really hope this isn't something Dr Pepper related...we don't even have Dr Pepper >.< I'll just have to think about it some more."

"Bats can't be my waifu anymore."

Day Four: "A questionnaire was in order", Solidbatman thought, "What do you think?" He asked, the challegers three questions, these questions were similar to that of a surveyer. The answers came in all slightly different. By this point in the challenge, there were only 6 posts entered.

Day Five: The Devil touched Solidbatman's heart, Week Seven Day Five's challenge, was to complete the favorite challege, that they had announced, on Day one of Week Seven. All some had to do was say "I'm In." Some had to write, a couple unluckly ones had to sing. 6 posts and 24 hours later, The Week Seven Challenge Six was enacted.

Day Six: Solidbatman was a man who obviously enjoys literature, because this is atleaset the 5th time the challengers and I had to write a story, only now it's about real people, this contest, this fun little (But long) contest, where people came for the reward, but  would relish the journey. I sit down at the computer, play some epic music and begin writing. Hopefully Solidbatman has a good sense of humor, because as I write this up, I put all my effort and feelings into it.

I've never been one to accept a challenge.

All my life I've never won any competitions, any raffles, events- You name it, and I've not done well in it.

So...

"Why now? Why try? To never be met with any success... And yet, you try this contest? Seven weeks of pure punishment along with this many people?"

"You must have a death wish."

Perhaps I do, but, allow me to explain.

I'm a loser, but I'm not a quitter. Maybe I've never won a single thing, but to lose a lot, I've had to have tried a lot too!

Act One: Humble Beginnings

Here I am.

I've joined the Fuwanovel forums and the fight for Steins;Gate.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=36071

The first week serves it's purpose as my make my Fuwanovel account and post to enter, be placed upon the scoreboard, and meet those who I will be conversing with many days after the conclusion of this contest, I'm certain. I feel welcomed and enjoy the fun banter between other newer members and the veterans.

A simple challenge, yes, but there are more to come... This is only the beginning. I've got to be ready for anything!

Act Two: Who Could Have Been?

Week two.

I wasn't ready.

My alarm goes off in the morning, paired with the first reminder I'd need of the continuation of our path. I'd soon find it to be unnecessary as challenges passed by and the contest pushed it ways to the forefront of my mind.

A single post changed everything...
A single piece of artwork.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=37189

A picture can speak a thousand words.

We must draw.

I now know just how much I'm going to put into this contest if I have any hopes of doing well. With this in mind, I act.

I gather multiple papers and numerous pencils with which to place my heart and soul into two dimensional shape. Countless hours pass. Time loses shape as my work takes it's place.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=37385

At last, it's finished and posted. Now- They like it. They like it? They like it?!! My amazement in my own work and those who appreciate it is indescribable.

I'm blessed to receive the first set of bonus points and prepare for whatever comes next as the sole resident of the top of the list.

Act 3: A Storm Approaches

A week of challenges. One a day.

They fall like raindrops upon my head, running down my face and into my eyes... Polluted water, burning and obscuring my vision. When will it end? I know. I know when, where, but... I can no longer see it. The road ahead is long. I know this now.

Day one begins and we're told to choose an animation studio to tell the tale of our lives. I decided upon being somewhat silly with my choice, but I ended the entry on a serious note and stay as honest as other posts. I'm happy with my entry and get ready for the next day as best I can.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=39019

Day two brings a new art form once more. Poetry- Another thing I have little to no experience with. After being blown away from what I read in the morning, I use the left over energy and motivation from my hard made drawing and work a full day yet again to make the best poem I can. Being locked as far as setting is concerned, I still retain the freedom to place my own themes and other characters of my own creation into my work. With this, I write my strongest, post, and ready myself once more.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=39529

Day three comes with a new twist on the writing of a scenario. I take a unique approach once more and write something seemingly dark and end it off with pure humor. To add more to my entry I crudely place my stupid face upon multiple images with the fictional character of my choosing. The power of laughter, guide me!

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=39663

Day four is to write a meeting of our dream fictional character. I'm unable to ignore my wishes of seeing more of the lovely Christina! I mean, we are shooting for Steins;Gate...

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=39915

Day five. Bats is trying to ruin everyone with point deductions... This is getting dangerous. I take the easy way out and avoid his tricks entirely by posting no letters, no words, no images of words- Just images. Bring on the next challenge, Bats... Bring it on. I got your game figured out!!

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=40088

Day six. Post anything. Uhm... Jeez Batman, I said bring it...

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=40246

Day seven. The skies are clearing finally and we must write once more... Just... Write... Writing... It really takes it out of you, you know? I get a little lazy, but I do the challenge and take the day to rest for the most part.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=40701

I'm falling apart. . .

Act Four: Music?!?!

Hey, it isn't stories for once, but this is embarrassing. I make a really garbage album with a ridiculous theme. The other posts are far better than my own, for sure.

Oh, and I sang... I don't want to talk about it.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=40955

Act Five: Halloween Nightmare.

Near death.
I can't write anymore.
I can't.

But I write. I write damn well too. On a freaking phone on one bar, too.

The fan fiction is about characters we choose, and I for one don't want to ruin perfectly written characters by their writers. So what do I do? VOICELESS CHARACTERS.

Less writing for me. Gotcha, Batman. Mwuahahahaha!!

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=42370

I'm coming undone.

Act Six: Sold.

We're demande-... Asked to write a sales pitch filled with complete bullshit. So I bullshitted. With writing. Words. Wording... Grammar... Lettterdnajpeiup

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=43615

Act Seven: Doom. Death. Sadness.

Another week of writing, simple challenges, and writing.
The home stretch. I'm ready to wrap this up. I find the energy I've got left deep down inside and start knocking 'em one by one, day by day, with no chance of ever knowing how hard or not hard to work or how well we're doing or bad we're doing because we can't see the points anymore, and we can also lose points and not know how we can or will or did lose them.

I'll let that sink in.

We're asked to pick our favorite challenge and I choose the drawing I made and explain the choice. We write a story... Write... Story... We're given specific rules to follow and that we may lose points. I take the gamble and write something weird.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=45077

Batman thinks he's sneaky and does some hidden text thingy so we have to PM him for points. That was actually pretty cool. We also answered questions about the contest. I gave some solid answers.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=45435

Then we're told to do the favorite challenge we chose day one again.

I chose the one I chose because it was really hard.

FML.

But I do it.

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/?p=45703

Then, we're asked to write a story in regards to this contest. So I start...

"I've never been one to accept a challenge.

All my life I've never won any competitions, any raffles, events- You name it, and I've not done well in it.

So...

"Why now? Why try? To never be met with any success... And yet, you try /this/ contest? Seven weeks of pure punishment along with this many people?"

"You must have a death wish."

Perhaps I do, but, allow me to explain.

I'm a loser, but I'm not a quitter. Maybe I've never won a single thing, but to lose a lot, I've had to have tried a lot too!

Act One: Humble Beginnings

Here I am.

I've joined the Fuwanovel forums and the fight for Steins;Gate.

The first week serves it's purpose as my make my Fuwanovel account and post to enter, be placed upon the scoreboard, and meet those who I will be conve-"

You get the idea.

And, well, here we are. This story isn't finished. What the future brings... We'll never know here. It cannot be written here. Will Bizkitdoh survive?!? Stay tuned for more at https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/2139-steinsgate-limited-edition-giveaway/ !

At first the contenders were many, lining two entire Forum Pages with their cries of challenge. The Steins;Gate Limited Edition Giveaway appealed to many, though it was only a few that survived till the very end, clawing their way through tasks unmentionable under the gleeful gaze of their Host, Solidbatman. Some would call him a visonary, others a tyrant, though all agree that it was by his hand and his hand alone that so many hopefuls fell by the wayside, their dream of a better future crushed beneath his iron boot.

Historians believe that Week One was designed to lull potential prize-seekers into a false sense of security. Indeed, the word "simple" featured for all to see and the phrase "If you have any questions at all, ask" might seem innocent enough at first glance. What many didn't realize, however, and still don't, is that every single contender to ask the invited question mysteriously disappeared by the time that fateful final week had come around. There is no proof of foul play, of course, but given Solidbatman's actions so far we can only speculate on what may have befallen those poor souls. Nevertheless, excitement abounded in the posts that first week; an excitement that would soon give way to something more...sinister...

Week Two was the first real warning sign, though this was not apparent to many. You could see the sadistic glee in each of Solidbatman's keystrokes. Unfortunately for many contestants the Host was crafty and clever, choosing two relatively innocent mascots to represent his grim game. Yet even in that action, the careful observer could see the underlying madness. Batman, a crime-fighting hero, and Hachikuji, a young ghost with something more than a chip on her shoulder, together? Innocent to many, damning to the trained few. Knowing that it all rested on this week, that the more intelligent of the lot might see through him, the Host included a mythical three bonus points. Not a soul realized he already had them wrapped around his finger. Some gave the contest their all, others used their meager "copy and pasting" skills to slip their way into the next round, many fell and were never seen again.

By Week Three it was too late, and Solidbatman knew it. The hopefuls had come too far to turn back; it was time to turn up the heat. One challenge per day was not what anyone had signed up for, but none dared voice their opposition. In the Steins;Gate Limited Edition Giveaway, the Host was Law. Conjecture, Poetry, Literature and Mind Games were the weapons of choice for this week. It is believed that at this point many of the challengers remained oblivious to the foul machinations of the Host, unaware of the death rattles sighing forth from the ones they once called "friend". I would like to think that someone, anyone was aware and had decided to beat the Host at his own game; lest despair claim even this humble historian. The tricks employed continued to make a mockery of common decency, with Batman's inclusion once again serving to blind most to what was really going on.

As a mere observer, I had already begun to question the motives behind the Giveaway by this point. Despite my misgivings, Week Four served to throw me back into the dark. Solidbatman had given the contestants free reign to create musical parodies or tributes relating to any subject of their choice. Surely a malicious soul wouldn't allow such a breath of fresh air to revitalize his pawns? Looking back, I once again curse my foolishness, and i'm sure the survivors do the same. The details should have alerted us. Bonus points abounded; this was what could turn the battle around for many! Their excitement encouraged them to play even further into the hands of the Host. I now know that they were merely being toyed with. Energetic subjects are the most entertaining to watch, the most amusing when they realize just how hopeless their situation is. It chills me to my very core that I can follow the cold logic of that sadist.

A token congratulation marked the opening of Week Five, presumably to placate those who were beginning to have misgivings. "Ever closer to the end" Solidbatman claims. I'm sure that for the remaining contestants, a lifetime still lay between them and freedom. Once again fully aware that everything could fall to pieces at this critical moment, the Host sets his opponents against one another. You may question my use of the word "opponents", but by this point it should be clear that that has been the case from the very beginning. The prospect of bonus points for the top three performances shatters any final hope there may have been for resistance. I wonder if anyone saw their downfall written large between the lines of that challenge.

My apologies for the change in writing style. The conditions under which I write this are...not ideal. Week Six, the point at which even the Host admits feeling strain. 

I too, am not feeling at my best, admittedly. 

In a sick reversal of positions, the Host implores the contestants

to lie, mislead and betray him.

I can only imagine how that must have felt to those who had only just realized.

This week only one could claim the prized points.

In a completely unexpected move, a brave contender voices his discontentment.

Solidbatman allowed him one more day of life, a glimpse of hope, before he, too, was removed.

The Host spoke of pride to begin Week Seven, another set of daily challenges.

It was his final chance to toy with the unfortunates attracted by the Giveaway.

Two sets of simple questions, a cryptic puzzle requiring a sharp mind and forced repetition of the participants' "favorite" previous challenge. My heart goes out to those involved in that final week. 

Unfortunately, it looks like that is the last thought I will be allowed.

Untitled_zpsfed0f84c.png

Crunch time for me at my university, so I just wanted to get something out quickly and without much fuss.

Competition is a law of nature. It’s a condition all, be it man or beast, are subject to.  You can no more resist it or its consequences than you could resist the pull of gravity. Competition is an immutable force, try as we may to defy it.

It’s been integral in the history of human development. It’s lowered us. It’s elevated us. It is both an ugly and beautiful thing. Competition over resources, competition of value – nationality, beliefs, religion – has motivated some of the darker periods in our history. Competition has led to immense technological and economic development. Competition has been raised up, exemplified and glorified in our sports and in our spirit.

And now, built upon our rich history, stands a competition – a competition of endurance, colored in strife, and enriched in the virtue of anguish. What appeared before, with its siren’s call of sweet VN nothings was the….

Steins;Gate Limited Edition Giveaway (!!!)

Week 1: Twenty six challengers gather, test their mettle against the vague oncoming trails.

Week 2: Contestants pit their artistic sensibilities against one another, tasked with bringing together the whimsical judge’s favorite fictional characters.  Artistic integrity needed not apply.

Week 3:  A challenge of endurance --  7 challenges to be met within a week. Contestants displayed their fan fiction prowess in all its bravado.  Top contenders were made clear here.

Week 4: A test of musical sensibility and debasement. How far would contestants be willing to go to earn dat fat bonus points.

Week 5: A seasonal challenge that tested the contestants ability adapt various characters from widely different universes into a cohesive story.

Week  6: Contestants were tasked with marketing horrible  some of the greatest games of our time.

Week 7: A last sprint of challenges to end this marathon. The competition shall be decided now.

Those who take the converted mantle of Steins;Fate Limited Edition Giveaway 1st place winner shall be exalted above…

Well, nobody. They do get a nifty VN to play.  And like a totally cool pin or something.

Being that it is now midnight, i'll post this for him since I have access to somethings and stuffs, though it helps if I post in the right thread =\

Day Seven

Congratulations on making it this far. You have reached the final challenge. Over the past 7 weeks, you guys have let me kick you around, force you to work very hard, and flat out tricked you in some cases. But you hung tough, remained in the running as others fell off. Quite amazing what free stuff will do to people. This experiment has been a success. 

I would give you a hint as to who is winning, but not even I know. I haven't added up the points for reasons. Adding to your misery might be one of them. Now then with all that out of the way, lets get on to the final challenge shall we?

​Write a goodbye letter to your fellow competitors. Let them know what you thought of them and commence in a little trash talking if you so desire. Feel free to use any means necessary to nab the final bonus points of the challenge. 

Dear Fellow Competitors,

I've never been much of a trash talker, and regardless of any bonus points on offer i'm going to be brief here.

Only five of us responded to that last challenge. I'm not sure what I expected when this started but I can see exactly why some of the others have been scared off. In those first few weeks especially I was a little put off by the sheer amount of effort that had gone into everyone's posts. I think Bizkitdoh's been leading for the vast majority of the competition and given the time that he must have devoted towards it i'm not at all surprised. To be honest though every single person has done an amazing job with their contributions; Nohman, Damonkala and SHCBoomer (Plus Zakamutt, Kaguya, Imationer and Ragnar, though they appear to be MIA) along with Bizkitdoh have made this competition a lot of fun and i'm glad that I chose to take part.

This is and is not goodbye though. I'm sure we'll all remain on the forums and am also reasonably certain that Solidbatman is planning another competition for the future (And why not? He's knocked this one out of the ball park), which I hope to see you all in. I'm really looking forward to seeing who gets to take home the prizes; I think anyone who has made it this far deserves them.

With Utmost Respect And Regard,

Silvachief

X5e7err.jpg?1

Dear fellow Fuwan Gladiators,

You were worthy opponents, if only worth was determined by the sheer number of inadequacies you have as a human being.  

You were stiff competition, if only by stiff you were speaking to the quality of your writing.

The contest was close, if only through your willing debasement in week four of the competition.

You worked hard and put in a lot of effort, so thankfully a lot of the points were participatory.

Now to address my esteemed competitors individually:

nohman: You’re pretentious and handsome and have a good head of hair.

Bizkitdoh:  I like your drawings in week 2 and 7. I guess.

Damonkala: Your touching “A Breath of Windwaker: On the Great Sea” touched me in ways I wish I could forget.

Silvachief: Your poem in week 3 filled me with glee, if only something something something… knee.

Shcboomer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYtjpIwamos

Zakamutt: Way to drop out before the finish line. Oh, and just one point shy of 69. GG.

Ragnar: Your drawing in week 2 was really good. That’s about it though.

Imationer: You’re a man of principle and one without a free copy of Steins;Gate

Kaguya: I’m glad you had to foresight to drop out of the running. It's good to know your limitations.

Zodai, Yukiru, Cali, Nosebleed, TheLastmeloday, vibrantblade, nayleen, ryouuuuuu:

No effort is preferable to a half effort.

DrKleiner, Kitouski, goldenguy43, Lewcool, Eldin, ohiowar, Mephisto, Kendjin:

Way to commit, guys.

Thanks for this spectacle.

Respectfully,

nohman.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All jokes aside, it was really fun competing against you guys. You all had some incredible posts and I'm a little surprised I was able to keep up with you guys in the standings. The few of you that composed the songs week 4 were incredible. Shcboomer's post never failed to entertain me. I thought Silvachief's song titles (as well as just the consistent quality of his posts) were just so witty and topical. Good job.

For that matter, good job everyone. Remember, no matter how this turns out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSTivVclQQ0

Dear top Four: Nohman, Bizkitdoh, SilvaCheif, and schboomer

Thanks for having as much determination as me, doing these challenges to the best of our abilities.
I feel like all I can say is; May the best man win, but I do have some things to say, at least one thing for each of you.

Dear Nohman

This may sound silly, buy I feel intimidated by you. 
It could be your avatar or whatnot, but you definitely feel like a reasonable opponent.
You're drawing skills aren't all that good, but hey you're number one.
I guess you can't write poetry either, save for a haiku or two.
You would be a lucky bastard for Link to save you from jail.
Good luck getting Catherine to fall for you.
Nice touch on the magazine letters for the "Who stole the cookie" challenge.
It's a shame you didn't sing, I would have loved to hear your voice and the lyrics to
"Nuthin' but a 'Green' Thang".
You're Halloween nights must be crazy...
You jerk; Week Six I had just finished writing my sugarcoated advertisement for
Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, then one refresh later, I saw it, you stole it. Damn you. DAMMMNNN YOUUU!!!
Of course you're favorite challenge had to be the first one, that required no effort at all.
You're a magnificent bastard to the very end, eh?
You just had to play Queen didn't you?
It's been a pleasure, Good luck

Damonkala

Dear Bizkitdoh

I love you're avatar. 
Also, thanks for revealing the hidden message, I wouldn't of found it without you.
You are a bloody good artist.
You are also a bloody good Poem writer.
You're Jail scenario is beyond hilarious.
It's always Colonel Mustard isn't it?
Absolute shame you have no idea how to sing.
You're Halloween Fanfiction was the best of them all, if not only for the ending.
With Superman 64, the lies flew off the wall!
Drawing a second time ovousily wasn't a problem for you, not at all.
Thanks again for finding the hidden message, I would have been lost on the Day 3 Week 7 challenge if not for you.
Good luck; but I doubt you need it

Damonkala

Dear Silvacheif

I really only noticed you when the song challenge came up. 
Thanks for singing along side me bro!
Although I bet you could at least draw you're own picture of Hachikuji Mayoi.
You did good work of a Batman + hachikuji Mayoi + Christmas poem.
Good job getting arested playing G-Senjou No Maou, even I skipped the H-scenes.
Pick up lines will be the death of you, eh?
Yeah, the text didn't work for me, but I guess Solidbatman stole the cookie anyways.
Thanks again for singing with me, I feel like after your post I worked up the courage (And the Audacity) to sing a song, cause if you got those extra points, I sure as hell needed them.
Next time you write up a Fanfiction, would you kindly add a roster for the "don't know this character" impaired?
You put soooo much effort into convincing me to play a game I don't even know about.
It's a shame you didn't sing again like I did (I know you didn't need too but it really was for fun anyways).
I do hope that you found the secret message.
Good luck, brother.

Damonkala

Dear schboomer

I like you're avatar, the same way I like Bizkitdoh's.
At least ust the fill tool when you use MS Paint.
You should of tried to sing, you probably have a good voice (Probably) I see you're MS paint skills improved though.
Get you're head out of the Haikus and make a proper bloody poem.
Like Sakuya would bail you out *Scoff*.
How could eveyone steal the cookie from the cookie jar?!
Maybe if it was an inside job *Shifty eyes*
You're Hallween fanfic was cute and hilarious.
Everyone knows that the more time you put into a game, the better it is (Lying).
Seeing you in the top five actually suprised me.
You came out of nowhere like a ninja.
Good luck, the last hours are among us, eh?

Damonkala

Dear Kendjin, Mephisto, ohiowar, Eldin, Lewycool, goldenguy43, Kitouski, DrKleiner, ryouuuuu, nayleen, vibrantblade, TheLastMelody, Nosebleed, Cali, Yukiru, Forythos, Zodai, Kaguya, Imationer, Ragnar, and Zakamutt
You all participated in the contest with me.
We all fought to win.
Some of you left before week 2.
Some stuck it out til November.
But you all had your reasons.
I don't know if you are still there.
Or if you are still watching.
But It's nearly over...
So...
I hope you come see the results;
and see who you competed against all those weeks ago.
Thank you.

Damonkala

The two games involved were Fate/Stay Night (which you probably knew about) and Tales of Vesperia, which is an X360 exclusive unfortunately.

That Dr Pepper post was my immediate reaction, I checked the page source and discovered the secret shortly after ^_^

And I agree that Nohman's avatar is as intimidating as Bizkitdoh's is cool.

I forgot to put it in my letter, but congratulations to you Nohman for making it to first place despite not having the singing bonus points. You've also put a lot of time and effort into this competition that i'm sure will be rewarded.

Dear competitors,

It has been a fun seven weeks entering this contest with you all. I would give a shout-out to certain people but there is no need. You were all great and probably put in more effort than I did. My objective was clear from the beginning. I know a lot of you were here to win and to get your prizes. In no way do I plan to stop you from doing so. However I needed to make sure that solidbatman had to suffer as much as we the contestants had to. No organizer should be able to just go around and tout his stuff and not have to suffer from our hands. If we are here to win, we should also make the person giving us the prize have a little fun as well. If we are told to dance, we shall dance, but we will make sure he notices we aren't doing it for him but for the prize. When we are told to write, we will write as much or as little as we need while taking a few fun shots at our lovable and huggable solidbatman. You were all great and made me laugh and have fun along the way, just remember that we must continue our pursuit of having solidbatman remember his place in this world. Remember our struggles, and never forget what we are here for. To all of you fellow contestants, I say thank you for this fun time we were able to share.

Best Regards,

shcboomer

solidbatman Lover!