Steins;Gate Limited Edition Giveaway

solidbatman

My favorite would have to be the album-crafting week (Week 4). While it was a tad more work than other weeks it was fun dipping into my creative side and recording the song wasn't too bad either, though I would have liked to try singing it with background music. It allowed me to bring Visual Novels into one of my entries and not-so-subtly use the Geek Clinic logo XD I also love parody songs so coming up with my own names was very entertaining. I kind of want to hear "Katawa Showgirl" =P

My favorite challenge was week four's challenge of making an album of made up songs, drawing a album cover and singing.

When I first saw the challenge I thought in my head all the ideas for what to do. In fact, I thought we had to sing all the songs, and thus I started writing them up late at night.

Challenge 4 showed the most creativity, devotion and, faith from the challengers as they sung their way into the top 3.

I really enjoyed week 3. It was nice actually writing creatively for once in my life and I had a surprising amount of fun doing so. I actually ended up looking forward to each day's challenge quite a bit. That being said, I'll go with...

Week One

For week one, all you need to do is respond to this post. If you have any questions at all, ask. Simple as that.

*ahem*

It was a simpler time, one where I was wide-eyed and thought of this contest only as a nice oppurtunity to intereact with the wonderful community I had more recently joined.

It was before I realized that this contest would end up being quite the time commitment.

It was before I'd realized I'd thrown myself to the judgment of a capricious and cruel Batman.

It was before Mario Cart was brought in as a metaphor.

You really made us work, I wasn't expecting to expend as much thought and time, nor have as much fun as I did. I had never really competed in anything like this before, so week one marked the beginning of a surpringly enjoyable experience. 

Day Two

You'll never find me!!!!!

Hi there. Dr. Pepper will see you shortly. For now, entertain me by completing this easy, simple challenge. Write a 26 sentence story! Each sentence must start with a different letter of the alphabet. There will be deductions on this challenge.  On a side note, a clue regarding the Day Three Challenge is hidden somewhere in this post. Can you find it? It would make life much easier tomorrow. 

At a chicken farm, there was a farmer named Matthew.
Before he went out for the day, he would check his hen's nest for eggs.
Carefully inspecting each chicken, Matthew looked for as many eggs as he could.
During his search, Matthew saw his favorite chicken atop some thing big and shiny.
Egad, shouted Matthew, it was atop a giant golden egg!
Feeling excited, he gently took the egg from under the chicken.
Going to the market would be very profitable for him today.
He was on his way down the path when his eyes caught a strange site on top of the hill.
In a tree there was a cat who appeared to be in danger.
Jutting out of the tree and high into the air, there was a long branch.
Kicking the air the cat was screeching in fear.
Lagging behind, due to the weight of the egg, Matthew climbed the hill to save the day.
Matthew ran as fast as he could.
Nearing the tree, he put the egg down so that he could catch the cat.
Out of his peripheral vision, Matthew saw the egg begin to roll down the hill.
Perspiration ran down Matthew's forehead.
Quickly, Matthew had to make a decision.
Right, he thought, I can either save the cat or save my egg.
Sounds of the egg rolling and the cat screeching overlapped.
Turning his head, Matthew saw that the egg wasn't that far, and that he could probably catch up to it before it went into the river.
Up above him though, the cat's paws were slipping off of the branch.
Very well, he thought, and held out his arms, deciding to ignore his egg and save the cat.
When the cat landed in his arms safely and purring, Matthew was relived, but as he looked closer the cat looked a bit odd.
Xantamum was it's name, and he was very grateful for Matthew.
You can have much more valuable treasure, Xantamum said as Matthew heard the sound of his egg landing into the river.
Zillions upon. zillions of golden eggs were given to Matthew for his great sacrifice.

Considering the circumstances, Bradley had remained admirably professional.
Despite this, Abraham was at the moment looking rather dissatisfied.
"Either you're a fucking idiot, or deaf.
Feel free to illuminate the matter for me.
Gayass."
"...How the fuck did I end up in this situation...", Bradley muttered to himself.
"I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know what you're asking me for, sir."
"Ölandstok, an ölandstok!
Just think one goddamn second and an image of it should pop into mind!"
Karmic justice... please befall this man, quickly.
"Listen to me, sir.
Might you perhaps be speaking of some obscure Swedish colloquial plant name, perhaps "dasiphora fruticosa", inserted purely for the author's convenience?"
"Never!
Obviously, I'd never let an author control me like that.
Perish the motherfucking thought!"
"Query: are you for real?
Really, we've practically been speaking in alphabetical order here - don't you think it's weird?"
"Shut the fuck up!
The only one who controls me is me, myself and I!"
Unfortunately, the man was wrong.
Very wrong.
While the author smirked, Bradley quietly fetched an axe.
Xena the warrior princess would have made the weapon look significantly more dignified; in Brad's hands, it looked more a tool than a murder instrument.
"You've said your last words, motherfucker", Brad said as he brought the axe down.
"Åh faaaan ocksåååååååååååå!"
Zealously, the banker screamed his last, Swedish cry of consternation.

Bradley was a young man.

Coming from a small town named Batsville.

Digging holes was his hobby.

Everyone loved him.

For years he would dig holes.

Going back and forth with his shovel was not tiring in the slightest.

Having dug holes for some time, he was ready for anything.

In no time at all, he had dug a hole that was the size of a crater.

Just like that he was the talk of the town.

Killing time afterwards, he took a short break.

Like everyone else, he had a strange fascination for lolis.

Mister Bradley also had a deep dark secret.

No one would ever know what it was.

Opening up his heart was impossible.

Potentially harmful things would happen if it were ever to be revealed.

Questioning him was useless.

Redemption was equally futile.

Some people would say the less you know the better.

That was probably for the best.

Unknown things are best left untouched.

Very interesting things would happen soon.

Without knowing what to do, Bradley continued on.

Xylans could be found throughout Bradley's body.

Yet he never showed any signs of noticing.

Zoning became a huge problem for Bradley.

At least he knew his life was over now.

Zach knew he'd taken it too far this time.

You could see it written on his face.

Vanishing like the morning mist, his hopes for a normal day had disappeared.

When he woke up this morning ready to visit his general practitioner, Doctor Pepper, there was no way he could have predicted this outcome.

Xanthine Oxidase Inhibitors (or Allopurinol, if we're going to be specific) were all he'd had on his mind, as his gout had begun to get out of control.

Uric acid was the cause and Doctor Pepper was the cure, or perhaps the curer.

However, unfortunately for Zach, upon entering Doctor Pepper's office he had decided to play a prank on the old general practitioner.

Needle stick injuries are no joke, but Zach was young and kind of stupid.

Pretending to trip and fall as he walked to his chair was Zach's stunt of choice.

As he fell his arm collided with a tray of decidedly sharp instruments, causing it to flip and send a number of ridiculously dangerous object hurtling towards the Doctor.

The health services provider had attempted to dodge the pointy tide, but to no avail.

Skewered by needles, scalpels and other nasty bits, the Doctor now lay twitching on the consulting room floor.

"Oh ****!" Exclaimed Zach.

Quick thinking alone wasn't going to get him out of this one.

Repeatedly skipping out on his First Aid courses had been a terrible idea, in retrospect.

Being completely uncertain as to what to do, Zach begun to hyperventilate.

Desperately wracking his brain for answers identified that simply hoping that this was just a dream was Zach's best option.

Karma can be a bitch, sometimes.

Forever seemed to pass as Zach just stood there.

Like a diabetic presented with cake, he was sweating profusely.

My heart went out to him; it really did.

Even though it was totally his fault.

Just as Zach was beginning to give up hope of ever getting away with this, however, the mass he had thought to be a corpse jerked back to life.

Getting up off the floor, heaving his way to Zach's side, Doctor Pepper uttered his final words.

"Can you handle the taste?" He groaned, before collapsing once again in a decidedly anticlimactic manner.

I didn't say they were particularly special last words now, did I?

Alone in a world with no hope of finding another.

Barren plains of nothingness as far as the eye can see.

Clinging to that hopelessness, I push forward with the dream of defeating it.

Dedication towards crushing this forced lonesomeness keeps me moving.

Each and every muscle aches with another step, but the sharp pain merely strengthens my resolve.

Feeling my body shriek, knowing it's pressed beyond it's limitations, I walk on.

Grieving over my dire situation is pointless, honestly.

Holding on to any weaknesses will only end this life sooner.

I can't recall what exactly happened to send me here or leave me as a sole survivor in this place.

Just, waking up alone took it's toll on me that first day, being that the shock was the hardest part to handle.

Keeping myself moving seems to be the best medication, and it's the best way to ensure survival, what with having to gather supplies and all.

Life on the road is all I have now, and it wouldn't seem so bad to the normal person, but when you don't have working vehicles, walks between these towns are much farther than you'd think.

Musing on my mental health and situation aside, I've arrived at yet another small village.

"Not a soul in sight," I think to myself, as I repeat this scenario I've been through countless times.

Observing the village, I spot what appears to be an Inn of some sort.

Peeking inside the hotel in this town is probably a good idea, seeing as they've been good spots for various supplies ranging from non-perishables to clothes, as you would expect to find in a place where people travel to and from.

Quickly making my way to the back of the building I find a rusty old door that gives me some trouble, but I'm strong enough and I make it inside with some effort.

Roaming in with ease, I head to the left behind the counter into what seems to be the kitchen and start carefully searching through pantries looking for bags of anything I can manage to carry, really, seeing as I'm not too muscular.

Seeing as this is an Inn, I start checking each door on the left down this hall in hopes that some may be unlocked, but am met with little success.

The bag I have seems to be reaching its limit, so I decide it'll be enough and head to the back and find this rusted old fire door that would probably have been impossible for me to open from inside.

Up at the front desk I find a few keys hung up on the opposite side of the lobby towards to kitchen and let out a sigh a relief and decide I'll most likely rest here for the night.

Vagrant as I am, this place doesn't feel all too comfortable, honestly, especially with that nasty door being open permanently for someone like me, so it's probably best I search for a more secure building to spend the night in.

Walking into the kitchen, I find it surprisingly enough to be mostly empty...

Xenia is a practice not followed in this land as of now, at least for me, so I'd think that wiping places clean of supplies for ones self is reasonable, at least, I hope that's the case...

Your own needs is all you really think about when you're left believing you may be the only person left in the world, so the idea of there being another person out there is both a blessing and a curse when you think too much of limited supplies in an area and not knowing of each others existence, paired with how much better existence would be with another if you did know of them.

Zeroing back on reality, I move to look for a place to rest and pray to soon share this life I'm lucky to still hold on to day to day with another, I mean, there has to be someone out there, right?

Day Three

You think I'd do the same thing twice?

Better late than never eh? Todays challenge is a doozy. And I mean it. So what do you have to do? Good question. Maybe you can figure it out on your own? I really doubt it. Nice try

Not here either. Though, it is somewhere in this post. Maybe not where you'd think. Rorona might know 

Day Four

Hi there. Over half way done. Good stuff. Anyway, easy challenge today. Just need a few questions answered.

1) Why did you enter this contest

2) Would you have put in as much effort if it was only a digital prize

3) In the future, would you want to see more long term contests, or short term? Digital prizes, or physical?

1) Because I love solidbatman.

2) Yes, I would put in the same amount of effort. Regardless of the type of prize I would think.

3) I think both have their merits. Always good to see contests, since they are fun and interesting. In terms of prizes, I think as long as it is something that I would want, it should be fine.

1) I entered this contest, not solely for the prize, but also because it actually looked like fun. When it began I really only just joined the forums and so I wanted to be more involved. Along with that, I've played Steins;Gate (Torrented of course) and I thought that it was a very good visual novel and for a long time now I've wanted to play an official release. In short, I do want to win, but so far it's almost been entertaining enough that sometimes I feel more interested in the challenges than the reward.

2) I would have put in just as much effort. I still would have watched Bakemonogatari for the first time so I could draw a crummy picture in MS paint. I would still sing and write an embarrassing song about my favorite videogame of all time. And I would still write fanfictions, be it about Halloween or the letters of the alphabet. Heck, I didn't even know that a limited edition existed before this challenge. And even if I don't win, I wish to purchase the digital copy when it comes out. I do like all the things in the limited edition (CD, Fanbook, Lab mem pins) but all I really care about is the game itself.

3) I love this contest, and I would love to see more in the future. I do think that long term contests are better, because they keep the attention of the participants over a long period of time and, in fact, makes me think of those kinds of game shows , like survivor or something. The prize doesn't have to be super fancy, limited turbo edition ultra, rather, it should be something people want. Digital or physical it shouldn't really matter as long as people are willing to face the challenges to succeed.