Is it even possible to Hach PS3 VN?

Okami

I saw that in a topic " VN Translation Suggestions/Poll " op has set Robotics; Notes as one option in the poll, But Robotics; Notes VN has only PS3 and Xbox360 versions so I am curious to know if this is just the mistake that OP made or if it is accuealy possible to Hach PS3 and/or Xbox360 VNs? Is it even possible to Hach PS2 VNs? As I never saw the one of thouse ether beside PC VNs the only ones that I saw hacked and translated are PSP and NDS ones.

It was easy to jailbreak my PS2, but I've never understood how to jailbreak a 360. Now I'm not unusually smart, and I'm not unusually stupid. So even if you could translate a 360 game, who'd be able to play it? Seems like not many people could.

I don't believe that VNs for 360 or ps3 are very demanding as they are still VNs and I never run on VN that you need high configuration to play it (If you are referring to that).

Do you mean hack?

the only way you can acess the files on a 360 or ps3 disk is trough the consoles.

In the 360 case you can hack the dvd drive by connecting it to youre pc and changing the firmware,after that it probably is possible to use the drive while still conected to acess the files.

the ps3 only older version can be hacked without using some sort of device,but once hacked you can install software like a file explorer and a game ripper that lets you create an iso for the game and or acess the files that then you can put on a external harddrive.

With that said you can't do much with the files since they are encrypted and won't work outside of the consoles they were built for.

Weren't the uminekotweak graphics ripped from the ps3 version?

thats ripping assets wich is possible,you just need someone who know how to do it to write a tool for it.

And has i was discussing its the only way to port a console exclusive VN to the pc (more details in my thread)

• 1 month later...

Say, I accidently came upon the Tales of Vesperia TL site (http://talesofvesperia.net), if this works, it seems like if you can make a patch for an RPG, you should be able to make a patch for a VN.  They also mention something about having some 360 scripts.

Unfortunately, they also mention something about "people who have updated their PS3 beyond a point where they can install a patch for Tales of Vesperia."  That sounds like a potential problem.

Well, anyway I will be the 1st translator to sign up if anyone ever figures out how to make a workable English patch for one of the Dream Club games