Looking for an 18+ Otome Game

milkteebaby

I can't really thing of any 18+ contents with a female protagonist other than the X-change series and I'm not sure that completely qualifies with your criteria. I would still recommend it though, maybe apart from the first. It has dated very poorly from a technical point of view.

EDIT: now that I think about it, I seem to recall that despite it being comedy you can actually end up getting raped. I would have preferred it to not be there and skipped it, but depending on who you are, it might be an issue. This makes the VN sound darker than it is though as it's mainly comedy and it's not about the horrors as rape would be in real life.

Edited by tymmur

3 hours ago, tymmur said:

EDIT: now that I think about it, I seem to recall that despite it being comedy you can actually end up getting raped. I would have preferred it to not be there and skipped it, but depending on who you are, it might be an issue. This makes the VN sound darker than it is though as it's mainly comedy and it's not about the horrors as rape would be in real life.

A comedy in which the MC gets raped? *mind blown* I can't even...;;; *mind blown a second time* I mean, I know there is a certain bit of suspension of disbelief when it comes to games, but that's just horrifying. 

3 hours ago, onorub said:

If you don't mind untranslated ones, go for this.

Thanks for the rec! I don't mind untranslated ones as I can read most of it (although vocabulary in kanji from the Taisho era might be a little more difficult and I'll have to bug my mom "Hey Mom, what's this mean?" every couple of minutes. 

I tried to download a trial but I keep getting an error screen :/ I'll keep the company in mind though. I'm sure I can find some hard copies when I go to Taiwan in the summer. (I read the review where the reviewer was complaining about the guys and how creepy they turned out ;;; but I'm kind of super interested in creepy guys in otome games...)

32 minutes ago, milkteebaby said:

A comedy in which the MC gets raped? *mind blown* I can't even...;;; *mind blown a second time* I mean, I know there is a certain bit of suspension of disbelief when it comes to games, but that's just horrifying. 

You would probably dislike Under the Moon since the MC can get raped by the Heroes in Bad Ends and such.

18 minutes ago, SeniorBlitz said:

You would probably dislike Under the Moon since the MC can get raped by the Heroes in Bad Ends and such.

Jesus, that would be an extremely bad end. Yeah...I think I would prefer my otome games to be rape-free, if possible ;;

1 hour ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Fashioning Little Miss Lonesome is pretty funny.

Sakuya is super cute and tame, even if one of the routes in the 18+ version is... infuriating.

Yoshiwara Higanbana is untranslated but is a good drama.

I'll have to check out Sakuya, although if your meaning of tame is the same as mine, maybe I'll be a little disappointed. 

FLML is okay, but it's not really a traditional otome game (for me, anyways) and actually, I cannot stand the girl's VA and the art is a little off-putting. But the script is hilarious :D 

I'll check out Yoshiwara Higanbana. I love me some good drama. 

18 minutes ago, milkteebaby said:

I agree. It's not a funny thing to do and if I had remembered right away, I wouldn't have mentioned X-change. The series is from 2001-2006 and I can't remember when I read any of it other than "long ago". The writers at Crowd must have been weird since they produced multiple comedy titles and added rape to most of them. Peach Princess must have been equally weird for translating most of them. It's too bad because apart from the rape scenes, they actually produced some decent titles with rather unique settings.

Writing this reminds of one morning where my fellow students started talking about some documentary that was apparently on TV the night before. Some woman applied for a job and she would only get it if she delivered sexual services. She did and then 3 male students bragged about laughing about it because it was apparently very funny. Some female students objected and stated they were horrified when they watched it. I didn't want to have anything to do with those guys after that. I remember that year as the worst in my student life because it seemed nobody around me had any empathy and acted like real jerks all the time.

I'm sorry I introduced this topic. It was actually not my intension. However I guess it sort of worked out as it ended up mentioning titles to avoid.

1 minute ago, tymmur said:

I agree. It's not a funny thing to do and if I had remembered right away, I wouldn't have mentioned X-change. The series is from 2001-2006 and I can't remember when I read any of it other than "long ago". The writers at Crowd must have been weird since they produced multiple comedy titles and added rape to most of them. Peach Princess must have been equally weird for translating most of them. It's too bad because apart from the rape scenes, they actually produced some decent titles with rather unique settings.

Writing this reminds of one morning where my fellow students started talking about some documentary that was apparently on TV the night before. Some woman applied for a job and she would only get it if she delivered sexual services. She did and then 3 male students bragged about laughing about it because it was apparently very funny. Some female students objected and stated they were horrified when they watched it. I didn't want to have anything to do with those guys after that. I remember that year as the worst in my student life because it seemed nobody around me had any empathy and acted like real jerks all the time.

I'm sorry I introduced this topic. It was actually not my intension. However I guess it sort of worked out as it ended up mentioning titles to avoid.

No, don't worry too much about this. Actually, rape fantasy is not uncommon among women as far as fantasies go, so I imagine there are some players who get a real kick out of the rape scenario. Me, not so much, but you couldn't have known, so it's okay. Besides, there's just a lot of rape in JP anime/manga culture. (which is weird, because the average JP citizen would view rape as an abhorrent act...)

11 hours ago, milkteebaby said:

I'll have to check out Sakuya, although if your meaning of tame is the same as mine, maybe I'll be a little disappointed.

When I said tame, I meant the sex scenes serves more to develop the romance than to be sexy or kinky. It's explicit enough, but it's handled in a very gentle way. This is true for one of the routes. The other one is a bit rape-y so I recommend staying away from it.

On 3/22/2018 at 8:50 PM, milkteebaby said:

I'm looking to play an 18+ otome game

The developer, Kalmia8, is very well known for making 18+ Otome VNs. You can check Kalmia8 games here Kalmia8.

You should also check out their newest game, Ohime-sama datte XXX Shitai!! -Horny magical princess-. I really like the female protagonist. She is very pretty, cheerful, and flirty:)

Edited by Kaito1