Forum Suggestion: Games subforum. (GRANTED)

Kendjin

So, I know we try and avoid adding forums unless we really need them, but I think it would be beneficial if we had a Games subforum like the IRC one, with the same ruleset as IRC.

I enjoy the games, but I find reading content in general gets harder when I come and find the top 4 are spammed games, and actual topics are pushed down.

Also, as much as I know this will get some hate... having no post count in game forum would mean people would post for the fun of the game instead of a ladder to boosting post counts, creating one word spam content, when you are trying to check new posts.

I understand this opinion is unpopular, but I've thought it over and I personally post in a lot of game threads, so I'm not aiming this to spite people.

Hm I see the benefit of that and I think the best idea would be to make it a whole forum in general section just like anime/manga and not only a part of general discussion like IRC chat (as that one directly falls into GD, where as non VN games could be whole new forum).

Firstly I will move this topic to suggestions section so we can discss it there with other staff members.

edit: also renamed to more fitting name

Thanks Steve.

Just to clarify, the focus would be that of forum games, rather than discussions about non-VN games, I find the Non-VN games discussion could still have a place in GC, since there is not really that much of it.

Thanks Steve.

Just to clarify, the focus would be that of forum games, rather than discussions about non-VN games, I find the Non-VN games discussion could still have a place in GC, since there is not really that much of it.

I think that this is probably a good idea, the amount of forum games is starting to pile up, and some GD threads are getting pushed down because of it.

I'm okay with this especially if the post count is off. I'd also like to see if it's possible to turn off the new posts thing on the side of the screen. Legitimate discussion threads might get pushed down by game threads being created. We'd also want to turn off the IRC subsection from showing there too. It would really tidy things up.

aaaaaaaaaaaah, I misunderstood it completely, I thought you mean forum about games like PSO2 or the recent giveaways, borderlands discussions and such.

In that case yes, I would put it somewhere hidden just like tie IRC sub :P

Look at all of this agreement going on! It's beautiful!

Truth be told, I've long felt this way, too. So let's do it.

The "Games" sub-forum will go live in a few minutes. At which point, I'll ask all the mods to help me move topics to their new home. Thanks, everyone, for the suggestion.