Can't find H Code, AGTH and ITH displaying weird symbols

guival

Hello everyone

I'm trying to play this game ( 我慢できないふたなりミルクメイド ) it displays the Japanese characters correctly.

Spoiler

CDlkgNT.jpg

Now when I try to use AGTH, ITH, VNR all translators possible, the hooked characters are weird symbols

Spoiler

5T67MfL.jpg

Spoiler

7ZiEvC6.jpg

I tried looking for the H code msyelf, but when I search the memory for the Hex code, no text appears. I tried revisiting the Wiki sites for help, but it seems I already tried all the basic workarounds.

Help : o

You are trying to play this VN. I see it's relatively new, maybe it's not supported by text hookers just yet?

Edit: Try changing your locale to Japanese if you haven't already and try setting date and time format also to japanese in your regional settings (that's how I fixed the scrambled text in some VNs though it wasn't the problem on text hookers but on the main japanese display)

Edited by Infernoplex
An idea poped on my mind

19 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

You are trying to play this VN. I see it's relatively new, maybe it's not supported by text hookers just yet?

Edit: Try changing your locale to Japanese if you haven't already and try setting date and time format also to japanese in your regional settings (that's how I fixed the scrambled text in some VNs though it wasn't the problem on text hookers but on the main japanese display)

Thank you for the quick reply, yes I already have everything set in Japanese I even used Locale Emulator and Netlea, even though it wasn't necessary because the text in-game seems to be okay, the problem is the text coming out of the programs I use. First Time I've encountered this issue in my life.

12 hours ago, Clephas said:

Use VNR, go into the Text Settings and switch the Text encoding setting from whatever you have it to Japanese, UTF-16, or UTF-8.  This is my standard option for this kind of situation.

Tried that too,All of them kept showing weird symbols.  In fact I tried other weird translators like chitrans lite and it doesn't even show anything on the translation box. I think I give up. At least I have a decent understanding of Japanese I can play the game as long as they speak. Also this game has like no story so....

Judging from your screen shots, you are not hooking the text. Every hooked line of yours has the same length which is not the length of the text shown ingame, so I guess it's just some kind of engine routine using automatically hooked Windows functions unrelated to the actual text output.

By the way, the function clearly states it's used for UTF-16 characters, so your character encoding would have been wrong anyway.

If I'm right, the only solution is to find a H-code for the game. And speaking of that:

On 26.8.2016 at 0:16 AM, guival said:

I tried looking for the H code msyelf, but when I search the memory for the Hex code, no text appears.

What tool are you using? Probably Cheat Engine, right?
If you are using Cheat Engine and your game uses something different than SJIS (probably UTF-16 in this case), it won't show a result if you search for the Japanese character string.
You have to convert your character string into hex first, then search for the byte array. You said you searched for hex. Did you convert the text into UTF16 hex code?

8 hours ago, Tyrosyn said:

Judging from your screen shots, you are not hooking the text. Every hooked line of yours has the same length which is not the length of the text shown ingame, so I guess it's just some kind of engine routine using automatically hooked Windows functions unrelated to the actual text output.

By the way, the function clearly states it's used for UTF-16 characters, so your character encoding would have been wrong anyway.

If I'm right, the only solution is to find a H-code for the game. And speaking of that:

What tool are you using? Probably Cheat Engine, right?
If you are using Cheat Engine and your game uses something different than SJIS (probably UTF-16 in this case), it won't show a result if you search for the Japanese character string.
You have to convert your character string into hex first, then search for the byte array. You said you searched for hex. Did you convert the text into UTF16 hex code?

I get the string into hex and then search the memory as I said. I use this application that let you try not just SJIS but anything. UFT-16 etc. I'm shocked because this might be the only game that you can't hook nor find an H Code, and trust me I've been playing  VNs Since 2005.

14 hours ago, guival said:

I get the string into hex and then search the memory as I said. I use this application that let you try not just SJIS but anything. UFT-16 etc. I'm shocked because this might be the only game that you can't hook nor find an H Code, and trust me I've been playing  VNs Since 2005.

I'm sorry for putting it so bluntly but how do you expect me to help you if you can't answer my questions properly? ^^''

The reason that nobody made a H-Code yet is probably because the game isn't pirated yet. I guess you bought a copy on DMM? Well, I would try to make a H-code for you but you will understand that I won't buy this game for that reason alone. And I really have no interest in the game itself.

So if you want me to guide you to make a H-code yourself, I need more information:

• Which tool are you using? I need the name. I guess it's not Cheat Engine. Is it ollydbg? Well, whatever. Cheat Engine is really the only good choice nowadays and if you don't use it already, please start using it now. It also helps me to guide you better, because that's the one I'm most familiar with.
  • Are you sure you properly converted your Japanese text string into UTF-16 (and SJIS, we can't be sure it's UTF-16 yet). Please post your Japanese text string and the hex array you converted it into. Maybe something is wrong with the string. Or maybe we have to split the string because of script commands or whatever.
  • Please try to explain in detail what you tried to do already to find the H-code for the game. Maybe with screen shots.

I'm pretty sure that the game can be hooked with the correct H-code. It would be very strange for a low budget nukige to use a non-hookable text output method.