Yumina the Ethereal: The highest profile official H-RPG release ever

sanahtlig

48 members have voted

1. 1. What would prompt you to consider buying Yumina the Ethereal?

• Opening movie
    • Gameplay trailer
    • Playable demo
    • A well-designed website (screenshots, character summaries, story synopsis)
    • Good reviews
    • I already knew about the game and was interested in buying it.
    • Nothing could convince me to buy this.
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

How many playthroughs did you need to do to get that far?

3 playthroughs (Normal:Kirara; Hard:Ai; Super-Hard:Yumina) + "true end" + journal + half of playthough (using SH clear data on normal) to get 3 missing scenes I've mentioned above. Total around 60 hours if game internal clock is correct.

Oh god, somebody please help me. Does anyone else have the problem with this game that if you're playing it in full screen mode and bring up the settings menu the bottom of the menu is cut off so you can't actually reach the buttons to close it? Seems like a pretty serious oversight...

Well I just finished a lengthy (like a couple hours) and successful dungeon crawl and was trying to save but I accidentally hit the button for settings instead. Which of course brought up that damn settings menu, which now I can't close. So now what do I do? I could close the whole game of course, but I haven't saved yet! And I seriously don't want to have to replay this stuff. It took me friggin forever to finally get that gargoyle head. I have zero desire to do that again.

Is there some kind of keyboard shortcut to close the settings menu or to switch to window mode instead of full screen? Something?

Oh god, somebody please help me. Does anyone else have the problem with this game that if you're playing it in full screen mode and bring up the settings menu the bottom of the menu is cut off so you can't actually reach the buttons to close it? Seems like a pretty serious oversight...

Well I just finished a lengthy (like a couple hours) and successful dungeon crawl and was trying to save but I accidentally hit the button for settings instead. Which of course brought up that damn settings menu, which now I can't close. So now what do I do? I could close the whole game of course, but I haven't saved yet! And I seriously don't want to have to replay this stuff. It took me friggin forever to finally get that gargoyle head. I have zero desire to do that again.

Is there some kind of keyboard shortcut to close the settings menu or to switch to window mode instead of full screen? Something?

I think I know what your talking about but could you post a screenshot of what you're talking about

I think I know what your talking about but could you post a screenshot of what you're talking about

This is exactly what it looks like. I didn't crop anything:

screenshot.png

The bottom dialog is just cut off. And you're not even allowed to bring the mouse cursor below the bottom of the screen or something so there is no way to click down there.

Edit: I think it's entirely possible that Alt-F4 will close that settings dialog without necessarily closing the whole program. I'm just not sure, though, and I'm super paranoid about losing my progress. Is there any chance I could get somebody to test that much? All you need to do is start a game in fullscreen mode, open the settings dialog, and hit alt-f4 to see if that closes the settings or closes the whole game.

Edit: I think it's entirely possible that Alt-F4 will close that settings dialog without necessarily closing the whole program. I'm just not sure, though, and I'm super paranoid about losing my progress. Is there any chance I could get somebody to test that much? All you need to do is start a game in fullscreen mode, open the settings dialog, and hit alt-f4 to see if that closes the settings or closes the whole game.

I just tested that and yes, Alt+F4 will close the menu

But the autosaze isn't used inside the dungeons

Sure, but this was just after I got back from a dungeon. I was actually trying to save my game manually when I hit the settings button by accident...

Anyway, I'm just glad I didn't lose my data. Even so, the settings dialog not actually fitting on the screen is a problem that ought to be fixed.

Well, having finished my first route (Yumina) I have to say the game was pretty fun. Sure, I'll need to take a bit of a long break before doing the other routes, plus the true end, but I enjoyed the game thus far.

The battles are a bit tedious and that's the main reason I'll need a break between routes, especially since a good portion of the replays will be parts I've seen, and thus will skip through. This means that the next portion of the game will be a rather monotonous grind in between the new parts of each new route, which I am not looking forward to at all, but I do plan on clearing this game.

I'll leave my impressions on the characters and plot for when or if I ever clear the True route.

Ok, I just felt like playing Aselia again after I finished Yumina, and thus I did.

As I thought while playing Yumina, yumina's graphs are superior and the battle system is better. Music wise I prefer Aselia's, but that's because of the atmosphere.

Aselia also has a lot of routes (over 7 of them)

The part where it really hurts is story. After a replay, I just realized that Aselia's story is infinitely better.

Oh well. Yumina was ok. I'd rate it as a 7.

Sure, but this was just after I got back from a dungeon. I was actually trying to save my game manually when I hit the settings button by accident...

Anyway, I'm just glad I didn't lose my data. Even so, the settings dialog not actually fitting on the screen is a problem that ought to be fixed.

The settings menu on mine fits perfectly fine so it may have something to do with your resolution settings.

The part where it really hurts is story. After a replay, I just realized that Aselia's story is infinitely better.

Oh well. Yumina was ok. I'd rate it as a 7.

I found Aselia's characters to be incredibly dull. Mind-numbing, coma-inducing dull. I abandoned the game after half an hour, so I never got a chance to experience the plot. I know it gets better, but no thanks. Life's too short.

Haven't played Yumina yet, and I won't get a chance till late in the year.

The settings menu on mine fits perfectly fine so it may have something to do with your resolution settings.

I don't get it, then. Obviously the settings menu is bigger than the resolution the screen is set to, but that resolution is just whatever the game runs at and that should always be the same. I mean, this is a 1080p screen, and the game is obviously running at a much lower resolution when in fullscreen mode. I noticed that even if I play the game in a window the settings window is still bigger than the game window. It's just that they're both much smaller than the total screen real estate and there's no problem reaching all parts of both windows.

It seems like the settings menu is being created bigger than it should be or something...there's no good reason it actually has to be that size. There's actually a lot of empty space on it. But I certainly never resized it, the first time I played the game was in fullscreen mode and I noticed this problem right away...just didn't have anything to lose at the time.

I don't get it, then. Obviously the settings menu is bigger than the resolution the screen is set to, but that resolution is just whatever the game runs at and that should always be the same. I mean, this is a 1080p screen, and the game is obviously running at a much lower resolution when in fullscreen mode. I noticed that even if I play the game in a window the settings window is still bigger than the game window. It's just that they're both much smaller than the total screen real estate and there's no problem reaching all parts of both windows.

It seems like the settings menu is being created bigger than it should be or something...there's no good reason it actually has to be that size. There's actually a lot of empty space on it. But I certainly never resized it, the first time I played the game was in fullscreen mode and I noticed this problem right away...just didn't have anything to lose at the time.

I have tried every combination of settings I can think of to try and reproduce your problem but I have come up with nothing. When you first started the game up, was there a settings box to adjust your screen settings?

Thanks. Didnt see that skill. Btw how do you get higher lvl skills in the shop? Is it through game (RPG world?) progression? Lvling? or having to identify the skill shards and such?

I believe its tied to main plot progression (chapters). Dropped skills are bound to dungeon level, so you will not get higher than shop skills there.

*sigh* Haven't found the time to play this, cuz' I've been busy lately. I just hope it isn't too hard to get the chosen heroine ending cuz I really don't want to grind too much and then found out that I messed up somewhere. And I usually don't play with walkthroughs unless it's really hard to do otherwise.

*sigh* Haven't found the time to play this, cuz' I've been busy lately. I just hope it isn't too hard to get the chosen heroine ending cuz I really don't want to grind too much and then found out that I messed up somewhere. And I usually don't play with walkthroughs unless it's really hard to do otherwise.

From what I could tell, all you need to do is get all the events that give the chosen heroine a new skill in each chapter. After chapter 6 it branches into the individual heroine routes. But I heard theres a TRUE route? How do you get that?