Why is it that nobody open a English VN store/Studio in Japan?

1 hour ago, Kawasumi said:

sakura spirit and nekopara

Umm please take this seriously.  First sakura spirit isn't kinda laughed at?  Well people like cats and girls. Is not surprise there. Even so isn't Nekopara a special case? Those sales numbers are not common for VN right?   I meant what kind of VN the average person is more likely to buy vs other kinds? 

1 hour ago, Nosebleed said:

Yeah fam, let's raise our pitchforks and storm the congress of every nation with plaques that have Mare's face on it. I'm sure they'll understand our burning passion and immediately grant us loli games.

Besides the obvious sarcastic nature of your comment. I not dense. That not happening with the current state of affairs. 

16 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

In fact, being in Japan restricts you even more, because Japanese eroge are by law restricted to Japan only (this is the infamous "Japan sales only" label), meaning that they'd actually be subjecting themsleves to harsher laws.

That decision was made by industry organizations like the EOCS, not the Japanese government.  Mosaics, on the other hand, are enforced by law.  Violate that and you'll go to jail, whereas if you flaunt the EOCS rules they'll just take your games off store shelves and call them doujin.

1 minute ago, Nekolover said:

Umm please take this seriously.  First sakura spirit isn't kinda laughed at?  Well people like cats and girls. Is not surprise there. Even so isn't Nekopara a special case? Those sales numbers are not common for VN right?   I meant what kind of VN the average person is more likely to buy vs other kinds? 

sakura spirit still have huge sales, joke or not.

no.

most people like moeges and stuff that has an anime adaptation

1 hour ago, sanahtlig said:

That decision was made by industry organizations like the EOCS, not the Japanese government.  Mosaics, on the other hand, are enforced by law.

Why was that decision made? 

Who are they? 

59 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

I answered your questions in the order you posted them

Yes, you did but is lazy. For example, Nekopara is being call record sales numbers by some people a few months ago. 

I ask what people like but what you say was the genre, not the reason.   What I ask was what people usually buy.  Serious stories or comedy?  More specific stuff. 

Sakura how huge? Like actual numbers, please. 

1 minute ago, Nekolover said:

Yes, you did but is lazy. For example, Nekopara is being call record sales numbers by some people a few months ago. 

I ask what people like but what you say was the genre, not the reason.   What I ask was what people usually buy.  Serious stories or comedy?  More specific stuff. 

Sakura how huge? Like actual numbers, please. 

I pointed out specific genres.

look them up yourself.

49 minutes ago, Aizen-Sama said:

I think the one being lazy here is just you, you could just inform yourself intstead of being annoying.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.   

48 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

you asked about genres, I said a genre and you ignored it

No, I didn't.  First I don't know the meaning of those words.  Second I ask why are they popular? Why is one genre more popular than the other. 

3 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

because the majority of the fanbase likes it more than other genres

See lazy. I say I don't know what those genres are.  Also, that doesn't explain why. You not telling me what those genres are does not help me understand it either. 

If somebody ask me why is this book genre popular vs others I will say. Because of the style of writing  vs others styles of writing  . In this genre there more development compared to other genres. The stories are more serious and got less romance.  Actual reasons. Not just like them because they like them. People have actual reasons to like something.  

Something I do sometimes wonder is why don't Western developers who know Japanese make games for the Japanese market, since the Japanese market is so much larger than the english one. I know that Japanese capable people from countries like Taiwan, China, etc go to Japanese cons to try to sell their work. I know this is a different question from your original one, but I think it is related.

The reasons I can come up with is that the English speaking market is big enough where it isn't a necessity to market to Japanese. And the 2nd factor, I don't think any western devs know Japanese. 

2 minutes ago, Nekolover said:

See lazy. I say I don't know what those genres are.  Also, that doesn't explain why. You not telling me what those genres are does not help me understand it either. 

If somebody ask me why is this book genre popular vs others I will. Because of the style of writing  vs others style of wiring. In this genre there more development compared to other genres. The stories are more serious and got less romance.  Actual reasons. Not just like them because they like them. People have actual reasons to like something. 

yes and I dont like what the majority like, so I cant tell you why.

Look up stuff you dont understand.

Just now, Kawasumi said:

yes and I dont like what the majority like, so I cant tell you why.

Look it up.

So let me get this straight.  Couldn't you say that first? That you do not understand the like of the majority? Or to the very less say your taste are different. Therefore you can't say why they like this genre over the other? I look it up another time.   I don't buy games base on genres. I buy them base on their story description and reviews.  

5 minutes ago, Zalor said:

Something I do sometimes wonder is why don't Western developers who know Japanese make games for the Japanese market, since the Japanese market is so much larger than the english one.

Unless you're very fluent in Japanese, please don't try and write in that language. Considering writing is a completely different skill to speaking and even fluent native speakers will often screw up the process ...

It's safer to just stick to your own market, even if that market is smaller.

Just now, Nekolover said:

So let me get this straight.  Couldn't you say that first? That you do not understand the like of the majority? Or to the very less say your taste are different. Therefore you can't say why they like this genre over the other? I look it up another time.   I don't buy games base on genres. I buy them base on their story description and reviews.  

the thread wasnt about that, so no I could not.

good for you.

Just now, Kawasumi said:

the thread wasnt about that, so no I could not.

good for you.

Then don't talk about stuff you are not willing to answer or make it clear you are unwilling to  answer something. That why you do not waste people time with your unwillingness to answer questions derive from a conversation. 

Just now, Nekolover said:

Then don't talk about stuff you are not willing to answer or make it clear you are unwilling to  answer something. That why you do not waste people time with your unwillingness to answer questions derive from a conversation. 

I never said I was unwilling.

You know if you guys hate my questions that much about VN. You could make area for asking questions that people may have about VN or other stuff. That why willing people would help. 

47 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

Not my fault that you're lazy

Now you are contradicting yourself.  You say no but then say I never say I was unwilling but now proceed to be a kid. 

Either answer the  question being ask or make it clear you are not willing to answer say question. Instead of going around in circles. Like now.