Bit of a strange question, but what's your favourite Visual Novel UI that you've witnessed?

Snailmusk

28 minutes ago, Black Sands Entertainment said:

Since we are on the topic, what do you think of this UI?

quest_zpszk3nlgfo.jpg

Seems like to be a pretty average design reminscient of a strategy game.

The font could be better, but it's not bad. The 'cards' for different characters are a nice touch. The transparency and design is good; especially since the design fits the theme well.

Could be better, but isn't bad by any means.

I'm not sure if all-caps is the way to go.  THERE'S A REASON THAT WE DON'T TYPE LIKE THIS WHEN COMMUNICATING IN WRITING.  IT'S HARDER TO PARSE SENTENCES.

Also, I find the text displayed here very difficult to digest.  The information isn't presented in a logical fashion, with one idea cleanly leading into the next, and the sentences don't flow smoothly.

15 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Seems like to be a pretty average design reminscient of a strategy game.

The font could be better, but it's not bad. The 'cards' for different characters are a nice touch. The transparency and design is good; especially since the design fits the theme well.

Could be better, but isn't bad by any means.

it a prototype so we definitely will be improving as we go. Perhaps you can help us with it.

6 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

I'm not sure if all-caps is the way to go.  THERE'S A REASON THAT WE DON'T TYPE LIKE THIS WHEN COMMUNICATING IN WRITING.  IT'S HARDER TO PARSE SENTENCES.

Also, I find the text displayed here very difficult to digest.  The information isn't presented in a logical fashion, with one idea cleanly leading into the next, and the sentences don't flow smoothly.

i believe you are talking about mines. Yeah its just random fillers for now. Quest are broken down much more into objectives and personal quotes from characters.

Off the top of my head I can't say what VN has my favorite UI, but I do prefer being able to make the text box 100% percent transparent so only the text and in game visuals(sprites, BG, CG) can be seen. For going to the menu I like it when you have to put your mouse on one of the edges of the screen and it pops out. I prefer it this way because I find the text box to almost always be in the way of what I want to see most. I know you can usually right click and make the text and text box disappear, but I prefer there just not be a text box.