Frontwing announces their next project: Purine Party - A match-three/VN hybrid.

Decay

3 hours ago, bogdankl said:

so this is basically japan's huniepop from what I can tell, more of a vn with gameplay where as huniepop was a dating sim, also I finished just one "route" and I have to say it's way fucking harder in my opinion

Japanese huniepop but instead of having the whole hunies system, it use the dungeons and dragons gameplay system.

11 hours ago, bogdankl said:

so this is basically japan's huniepop from what I can tell, more of a vn with gameplay where as huniepop was a dating sim, also I finished just one "route" and I have to say it's way fucking harder in my opinion

I definitely fail puzzles much more often in this game than I did in HuniePop (mostly later in the routes, when many more points are needed to clear them), and there's definitely a whole lot more luck involved here than there was in HuniePop. The gifts system in HuniePop really helped you take a little more control over the board and reverse bad luck.

To put it another way, the game is noticeably more random and noticeably less balanced.

That said... I don't know if "harder" is how I would put it. Once you get the hang of it, it's quite a bit faster to clear a level here than in HuniePop, even if you fail once. However, a level is cleared or failed a whole lot faster and requires a whole lot less thought. In Purino Party, I tend to just grab a gem in a decent place and start dragging it, rather than spending long periods of time carefully contemplating my next move to optimize the subsequent board position, like I did in HuniePop.