Frontwing announces the next VN they're localizing, and it's... Sharin no Kuni?

Decay

I'm with both Sanahtlig and Rooke - I'd be very surprised if they don't align with the existing precedent for an English AS2 release, G-Senjou: $40 for the full Steam game with all bells and whistles (but with no H because they're trying to avoid that battle) and $20 for the edition without voices. The CG gallery being similar is interesting...

I'm quite certain that they have to pay substantial royalties per copy for the voices, and that's why it's been split off on the low-cost edition of G-Senjou. I find it hard to imagine that's the case for the CG gallery, given that you're going to see the CGs either way when you play the game, but perhaps they have some similar clause in that contract as well that's forcing this.

But regardless, I'm about 90% certain they're not going to charge more than the G-Senjou price points for the two separate editions, which should put them at a fairly normal price point for the English market (whether that price is reasonable or effective at moving product in the English-speaking market is a separate question). I think people here have the motives backwards, honestly - I'm pretty sure their goal is to cut the price further to get more sales, not to inflate it and reap more per sale, and the content split is targeted at that goal. But obviously we won't know for sure until they announce actual prices, which likely won't be for a while... Though we could ask.