Anime that you want in VN or vise-verse....

Arkamondal

Just now, ittaku said:

My bad. It was probably unnecessary but I do think you haven't seen enough good anime if you put those shows on a pedestal.

Haha, just kidding with you.

Truth be told I don't think Hyouka is "the best", but rather I like the cast and premise -- I think it'd translate well to a mystery-solving story, a subgenre of VN (or adventure game, whichever) that I just love to see as many entries in as possible. The cast had a lot of potential, IMHO, and I regret not being able to see more of them.

When it comes to other anime, there are definitely better ones out there, but most of them I'd just prefer to see kept in their current medium(s). Some perfectly great stories make a sloppy transition when you try to turn them into something like a game or VN, you know?

Just now, Makudomi said:

When it comes to other anime, there are definitely better ones out there, but most of them I'd just prefer to see kept in their current medium(s). Some perfectly great stories make a sloppy transition when you try to turn them into something like a game or VN, you know?

Acknowledged. The two art forms are very different and rarely does one translate into a good version of the other. Basically you choose heroines sequentially in most VNs, and unless you choose only one true route for anime, or do "alternate universes" as some anime have done, then you can't really give it the same attention - instead you end up with a "status quo is god" http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StatusQuoIsGod harem where no heroine wins, and the hero remains a virgin for all eternity...  and I'm so sick of that formula that I can barely watch anything like that any more. Conversely one route anime doesn't translate into multi-route VNs. To heart 2 is my staple since I translated it, and it has 9 routes as a VN but an eternal-virgin in anime form...

Agree with Zedge on Comyu seeming like a good fit for an anime. Even if they don't do much for me (I liked Comyu in spite of them), giant robots will always sell.

AnoHana could probably be a pretty solid VN.

And Fruits Basket seems like it would make for a good otome game. I've been considering playing an otome for a while, but it seems like the phrase "good otome game" defines a near-empty set, especially if you want an English translation, so I've never gotten around to it.