[SORT OF SOLVED] Steins;Gate won't install

tahu157

EDIT: The verdict is that Steins;Gate basically refuses to install on Windows 8. Until such time as the Jast USA customer support section of their website begins to work, the only solution that I can find is to either play on a Windows 7 or Windows 10 computer, or temporarily obtain access to a computer with either of those operating systems, and install the game to a personal thumb drive, on which the game will run just fine on a Windows 8 computer.

I just bought S;G off of Jast USA. I go to the website and download both setup.exe and the required data.bin. When I put them both in the same folder and run setup.exe, it'll work on installing for about 10 seconds before a new window pops up that says it's uninstalling the game. I've tried re-downloading both files and tried running setup.exe in various compatibility modes.

Has anyone had this problem and if so, what do I do?

55 minutes ago, Templarseeker said:

Try using Revo Uninstaller and have the game installed through it. If it doesn't work and if you don't mind, umm you could download the pirated version of the game which works just fine like the original digital installer JAST USA has. Would you like to have the link for it? 

Thank you for the offer, but no. I just got it to work on a second computer that's running Windows 10 where the first one was running Windows 8. Although now I'm trying to share it with a friend but he also has Windows 8 so it's not working for him either.

31 minutes ago, tahu157 said:

Thank you for the offer, but no. I just got it to work on a second computer that's running Windows 10 where the first one was running Windows 8. Although now I'm trying to share it with a friend but he also has Windows 8 so it's not working for him either.

It's alright. Umm... Windows 8 or 8.1 isn't really friendly to most old programs and visual novels. I tried playing Aselia The Eternal on Wind 8 and started to crushes and stuffs. Also My Girlfriend Is The President suffers the same problem and requires a compatibility patch for it to be playable in Win 8. 

I installed and played Steins Gate on a Window 7 OS and everything seems to be running just fine without any issues except for a very rare crush that happen once when I was messing up with Okabe's cellphone. Other than that, everything runs smoothly enough to complete the entire route of any heroine in that game. 

It isn't Revo's fault or Steins Gate. Just Windows 8 being a crappy OS.:makina:

Only install and play Visual Novels on Window 7 and Windows 10 but 7 is better I suppose :mare: