What to read next?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What to read next?

• Aselia the Eternal
    • Gahkthun
    • euphoria
    • KiraKira

This poll is closed to new votes

So yeah, I just recently finished Katawa Shoujo (Lilly/Hanako) routes. And now I've dealt with remaining routes for Comyu (Hisoka/Kagome) As always after reading a VN there's a hard time (at least for me) with choosing the next one, so I thought maybe you guys will help me out. Is Kira Kira any good :D? Anyone played all four titles? Which one have the best ending? I think I want to read something what will leave me fully satisfied with the ending.

Awaiting your spoiler-free opinions.

Comyu - Kagome. You are reading the VN wrong if you don't do her route.

If you still havent done Rin's route in Katawa Shoujo, DO IT!

Kira Kira is good and the bad endings can be depressing if you actually play them. I liked the true ending the most though but Chie's route always has a soft spot for me.

Gahkthun is one of the best liar soft VNs. It's a MUST READ! Plus, it has one of the best male protagonists ever in VN. There's a reason why Tesla is #2 on my husbando list. 

euphoria is an acquired taste, it's not for everyone. If you cant handle torture or guro, then feel free to back away before you lose your sanity.

Aselia is long and the gameplay aspect is heavy. But try to clear Aselia's route because it's canon and there's a continuity with it on Seinarukana. 

Among the 4, Gahkthun gets my vote though. 

Just now, Rose said:

Summoning @Kawasumi to vote for Euphoria with me. Not sure if the ending will satisfy you but it's a great read nonetheless.

already did lol.

Havent read gakthun yet, but my inner fanboy wants to recommend it as well

You really need to like VN gameplay elements to enjoy aselia tbh.

I dont know much about kirakira

After all I think I'll go with KiraKira :P Just finished some fantasy, so taking a little break from it might be good. As for euphoria... Well, I don't know I'm not really into it, but I said to myself that I'll definitely play it someday. It definitely would need high headphones usage, and now have some ears problems... So OMW to read Fuuka Visual Novel edition, without trucks(hopefully). I wish I could read faster/more, because I have like 10~~ VNs on my list... Danganronpa and BB Haruka coming out soon. R.I.P backlog.

KiraKira is 85 on EGS, and like 7,5 on VNDB is the TL bad or what? Anyone know who TLed it?

KiraKira / Gahkthun - Haven't played either one

euphoria - Lots of fetishes but does have a story. As other ClockUp games moans are bit unique (or just loud?). Fortunately there's volume slider.

Aselia the Eternal - Entire route is missing but devs wrote to Steam forum they might consider translating rest of the game after Seinarukana comes. I'd wait but then again it's not certain they make the patch.

1 hour ago, Maxel said:

KiraKira is 85 on EGS, and like 7,5 on VNDB is the TL bad or what? Anyone know who TLed it?

It's one of the earlier translations from MangaGamer. I didn't really have problems with it but I'm not a native English speaker, so my standards are probably lower. It's considered one of the not-so-great translations from MangaGamer and they even said themselves that they don't put the title on Steam because they consider the translation as not good enough for it.

KiraKira is a pretty decent visual novel but the translation could be a lot better. Thankfully the Deardrops release had a much better translation the Kira Kira tl is not as bad as say the edelweiss one but it's definitely not the greatest thing Mangagamer has had translated.

The TL on KiraKira is actually pretty awful. The grammar is all over the place and there are typos everywhere. Poor Kashiwara especially get her name misspelled a lot. But it could be worse, just look at the original Edelweiss translation. You're at least never confused about what is going on in KiraKira. I say you should still read it, as long as that does not easily bother you, but I'm kind of biased since KiraKira is one of my favorites. 

And I do appreciate the hypocrisy of me of all people complaining about bad English.

My only salt with Kira Kira is it's a NVL type VN. I hate reading text covering the entire screen/characters.... That shit is too damn old school and modern day VNs need to stop doing that. Other than that, it's a really good VN and the bad ends are really bad ends and make you feel bad for the heroines.