Bunny Black 2 Early Impressions and Helpful Info

EcchiOujisama

44 minutes ago, Roanstalker said:

So I see Ekate, Golan and Tojo on my Unit Collecton but is it possible to recruit them? Tbh I don't ever remember seeing them in battle at all... Does it require NG+? I notice I got Maki and Liz so will more named units join in NG+?

They join you at the Hall of Doors after unlocking the final dungeon. 

They do? I didn't even notice lol. What about the adventurers? I noticed they were on the unit collection when I loaded a completed save.

Edit: Nevermind. Got them to join after exiting the last dungeon and going to Rakia's store. I also missed Momo's event too. This is one of the more annoying aspects of both games. you have to leave then reenter Forzelotte's shrine to get all events.

So you can only use them in the last dungeon? That's sucks.

40 minutes ago, Roanstalker said:

They do? I didn't even notice lol. What about the adventurers? I noticed they were on the unit collection when I loaded a completed save.

Edit: Nevermind. Got them to join after exiting the last dungeon and going to Rakia's store. I also missed Momo's event too. This is one of the more annoying aspects of both games. you have to leave then reenter Forzelotte's shrine to get all events.

So you can only use them in the last dungeon? That's sucks.

Yeah. Oh and make sure to get Doua (the angel berserker unit with an eyepatch) by wandering around Path of Light with a Berserker on the party before finally engaging Ultinia because she's missable. 

Then there's Miriza, the armored unit that is in one of the bonus dungeons (the short one where Dorothy gives you a key to). She's also missable if you don't claim her before defeating Ultinia. 

Other than those characters, the rest are either met during the storyline, enter/reentering dungeons and visiting Rakia's Shop, the Royal Palace, or the Hall of Doors. 

I think Duoa is more from time passing after you beat her than anything else.  I've had her show up in different dungeons and never had a Berserker in the main party.  Definitely not required from my experience.

Miriza is special pain in the ass because you have to beat her, then go down to the next level, return, beat her again, go down again, go back up again and after you beat her the third time you'll get the second H scene and she joins you.  Typical Bunny Black horseshit.  

The Marialis/Filliane events are especially annoying.  Eventually you have to leave and return 4 times between events, and there are a bunch of them.  It's pure story, so not needed for 100% H scenes, but holy %^$^ me, what a pain in the ass.  

So on my second time playing through the game and I cannot for the life of me get the remaining 2 CG for Lily (205 & 206) and CG's 224-227 which I'm assuming is the last 4 CG for Kona

Kept walking back into the dungeon where they were and I've only met Kona twice and Lily once.

Is there some kind of condition to meet them for those CG's?

Wound up getting the last few CG's for the pixie almost immediately with her in my reserve when I went to where they were found but Hylf... pretty sure I walked their whole area 8 times and I still have nothing she was both in reserve and front lines T-T (before and after defeating Paniverna)

It's like hunting for Ayaka and Cass in BB1 all over again

So.... it wasn't Kona's CG that was missing but the other girl who looks somewhat like animated Hermione 

Edited by Jayce
discovery

7 hours ago, Jayce said:

Wound up getting the last few CG's for the pixie almost immediately with her in my reserve when I went to where they were found but Hylf... pretty sure I walked their whole area 8 times and I still have nothing she was both in reserve and front lines T-T (before and after defeating Paniverna)

It's like hunting for Ayaka and Cass in BB1 all over again

So.... it wasn't Kona's CG that was missing but the other girl who looks somewhat like animated Hermione 

Miriza? She's in the bonus dungeon, the one where Dorothy gives you a key to. You have to fight her 3 times to collect all her CGs and recruit her. 

Regarding hidden doors, Hydragon is a unit that can reveal them. 

Hey,

where do i get the commander's key from?

I have beaten Paniverna, i talked to her in her room multiple times, now all i get is "Looks like Paniverna's out".

I visited every dungeon i can, in the Cave of Bueroza i get told, that the road is closed. In the Castle Baldaquin i can walk all the way up to Panivera again but thats it.

What do i need to do?

5 minutes ago, Cantwo said:

Hey,

where do i get the commander's key from?

I have beaten Paniverna, i talked to her in her room multiple times, now all i get is "Looks like Paniverna's out".

I visited every dungeon i can, in the Cave of Bueroza i get told, that the road is closed. In the Castle Baldaquin i can walk all the way up to Panivera again but thats it.

What do i need to do?

You need to keep going to your room/prison and finally getting both Marialis and Filliane to join your party. Then when you have them, you will meet a maid at the Hall of Doors who will give you the key to Izana's lair next. 

5 hours ago, kolredster said:

So, does anyone have any advice on what I should be focusing on SP-wise? Or what units I should hire right out of the gate?

If you imported a BB1 save, strongly consider using Maki and/or Liz for awhile so you won't have to pay to get them back when they die.  Money is tight for awhile on your first run, and you don't want to spend it to tread water.

Between healing and making the on-screen map usable, a fairy isn't optional.  It's an absolute necessity.  I had 2 in my party through the game the first time.

The other thing you need as soon as possible is a hydragon or succubus.  They will display hidden doors on the map.  You could use the maps on Chaosmemo, but you definitely get used to how convenient it is.

Makl and/or an ogre girl will expand your radar range to see enemies on the map.  Useful, but you can live without it if you're short on command points.

Aside from that, it's more based around whether you prefer to blast the baddies with spells, slice them up with swords, smash them with hammers, etc.

6 hours ago, kolredster said:

So, does anyone have any advice on what I should be focusing on SP-wise? Or what units I should hire right out of the gate?

It's been a while so I can't remember which units become available when, but here are my recommended units to hire immediately once they become available:

- Fairy works as a great healer. She has amazing SP growth and with heal skills not really using attack stat to become effective, you can pump out her defensive stats and HP and she will be extremely durable. She learns the best heals way earlier than most units.

- Skelly has Spook that lowers enemy's speed and works while it's on reserve. Good for speed/turn control if you want to eliminate enemies before they could act.

- Ice Wisp/Fire Wisp/Hot Head are durable against magic and their magic for their respective elements are also strong. 

- Hell Maid recovers SP for party during battle. Not a lot but it helps. Snake Tamer is her HP equivalent.

- Dark Knight has amazing attack growth and a very useful skill Anticipation that allows it to halve any damage at 50% chance.

- Hydragon/Succubus for hidden door revealing. I prefer the former because it has better stats.

- Hybrid/Gargoyle have an amazing 25% magic damage reduction ability that works for everyone! Have 4 of them will make you immune to magic and it works even while they are on reserve! 

- Goliath can easily reach 999 HP and has an ability that allows you to recover HP while moving!

- Onyx Knight and Gunguskar Maid can attack twice (hidden ability) and can equip 5 skills. They are pretty expensive but work extremely well in multiples. Maid's ability helps with leveling (works while on reserve) while Onyx Knight allows you to kill weak foes right off the bat. 

Get the AoE spells or Hailstorm for ranged as soon as they become available. Enemies in this game tend to outnumber you all the time, and it's better to efficiently hit all of them while your main slashing units clean up everything else with Wild Dance and Crow if they are Slashing and Homerun Swing if they are Striking types. Berserk Field is skill awesome to make your party extremely powerful and enemies very squishy but note that this works on the enemy too, so use it wisely. For best results in turn order, it's better to put the highest speed on your Berserk Field user, 30-35 Speed on your spell casters/Ranged units while Slashing/Striking units at around 25 speed. 35 speed is really all you need to surpass speed ties and outspeed everything. 

In terms of heals, don't bother with Remedy/Panacea. Status is hardly a problem in this game. For HP heals, other than Fairy or Gunguskar Maid, no unit should ever learn Angel Song because it drains a lot of SP but if you are actually pumping a lot of SP anyway, then it's not too bad. Heal Plus/Benediction works best in most cases though. All units should have some type of defensive skill, may it be Goo Body, Dragon Skin or Steel Skin. I prefer Goo Body or Steel Skin because lots of enemies have Striking and Slashing attacks. You may also want to learn the appropriate elemental defense skill to negate the unit's elemental weakness or further improve on the resistances they excel at. 

31 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

It's been a while so I can't remember which units become available when, but here are my recommended units to hire immediately once they become available:

- Fairy works as a great healer. She has amazing SP growth and with heal skills not really using attack stat to become effective, you can pump out her defensive stats and HP and she will be extremely durable. She learns the best heals way earlier than most units.

- Skelly has Spook that lowers enemy's speed and works while it's on reserve. Good for speed/turn control if you want to eliminate enemies before they could act.

- Ice Wisp/Fire Wisp/Hot Head are durable against magic and their magic for their respective elements are also strong. 

- Hell Maid recovers SP for party during battle. Not a lot but it helps. Snake Tamer is her HP equivalent.

- Dark Knight has amazing attack growth and a very useful skill Anticipation that allows it to halve any damage at 50% chance.

- Hydragon/Succubus for hidden door revealing. I prefer the former because it has better stats.

- Hybrid/Gargoyle have an amazing 25% magic damage reduction ability that works for everyone! Have 4 of them will make you immune to magic and it works even while they are on reserve! 

- Goliath can easily reach 999 HP and has an ability that allows you to recover HP while moving!

- Onyx Knight and Gunguskar Maid can attack twice (hidden ability) and can equip 5 skills. They are pretty expensive but work extremely well in multiples. Maid's ability helps with leveling (works while on reserve) while Onyx Knight allows you to kill weak foes right off the bat. 

Get the AoE spells or Hailstorm for ranged as soon as they become available. Enemies in this game tend to outnumber you all the time, and it's better to efficiently hit all of them while your main slashing units clean up everything else with Wild Dance and Crow if they are Slashing and Homerun Swing if they are Striking types. Berserk Field is skill awesome to make your party extremely powerful and enemies very squishy but note that this works on the enemy too, so use it wisely. For best results in turn order, it's better to put the highest speed on your Berserk Field user, 30-35 Speed on your spell casters/Ranged units while Slashing/Striking units at around 25 speed. 35 speed is really all you need to surpass speed ties and outspeed everything. 

In terms of heals, don't bother with Remedy/Panacea. Status is hardly a problem in this game. For HP heals, other than Fairy or Gunguskar Maid, no unit should ever learn Angel Song because it drains a lot of SP but if you are actually pumping a lot of SP anyway, then it's not too bad. Heal Plus/Benediction works best in most cases though. All units should have some type of defensive skill, may it be Goo Body, Dragon Skin or Steel Skin. I prefer Goo Body or Steel Skin because lots of enemies have Striking and Slashing attacks. You may also want to learn the appropriate elemental defense skill to negate the unit's elemental weakness or further improve on the resistances they excel at. 

A very detailed answer, much appreciated to you and @EcchiOujisamaDo you have any suggestions for what Darx himself should be focusing on? (Good tip on the attack not increasing heals, for the longest time I thought it did so I was pumping attack on fairies @.@) I feel like I messed up my first run because I pumped a lot of early points in SP/HP for Darx and my two Fairies.

8 minutes ago, kolredster said:

A very detailed answer, much appreciated to you and @EcchiOujisamaDo you have any suggestions for what Darx himself should be focusing on? (Good tip on the attack not increasing heals, for the longest time I thought it did so I was pumping attack on fairies @.@) I feel like I messed up my first run because I pumped a lot of early points in SP/HP for Darx and my two Fairies.

Fairies have a nice aptitude on wind, so it doesn't really hurt to raise their attack and give them a wind spell. It's not like they'll be healing the party every turn, and it might be beneficial sometimes to attack with them to make the battle shorter. 

Other than wasting points on speed past 30-35, you can't really mess up on stats too much. By the time you hit level 80 or so, you'll have 999 on HP/SP and 99 on all stats anyway and level 30-40 is actually more than enough to beat the final boss, assuming you can stack 100% magic defense from hats and Hybrids/Gargoyle's Dampener ability. 

Having high HP and Defense makes you last longer, Attack makes you hit harder, Evade allows you to dodge attacks more often, and SP allows you to keep pumping your best attacks/spells before you finally resort to your free SP basic attacks. 

13 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Fairies have a nice aptitude on wind, so it doesn't really hurt to raise their attack and give them a wind spell. It's not like they'll be healing the party every turn, and it might be beneficial sometimes to attack with them to make the battle shorter. 

Other than wasting points on speed past 30-35, you can't really mess up on stats too much. By the time you hit level 80 or so, you'll have 999 on HP/SP and 99 on all stats anyway and level 30-40 is actually more than enough to beat the final boss, assuming you can stack 100% magic defense from hats and Hybrids/Gargoyle's Dampener ability. 

Having high HP and Defense makes you last longer, Attack makes you hit harder, Evade allows you to dodge attacks more often, and SP allows you to keep pumping your best attacks/spells before you finally resort to your free SP basic attacks. 

So what would you say is better for the early game, Def or Eva? Honestly I didn't touch the defense on fairies since I figured, it's so low, raising it is gonna be a pain, so I tried to focus a bit more on Eva, but they still get hit a lot.

I found HP and SP growth through leveling up to be sufficient.  For Darx I liked to get defense to 99, attack to 99 and possibly add a nasty slashing technique.  I found defense made more a difference in dealing with the quantity of enemies you fight than attack did in my first run.  If you don't put anything into speed you'll get to a point where everyone always attacks before anyone in your party, and that gets old fast.  @CeruleanGamer previously mentioned putting most of the stat point into evade and found it becomes difficult for most enemies to hit you with around 60 evade.  I would err on the side of pumping up your 4 main stats (attack, defense, speed, evade) your first time through, especially if you're on Overlord.

I gave my levels and party for the first time I cleared the game earlier in the thread, and that was with no additional magic defense, so it really doesn't take that much to clear the game.     

re: defense or evade, I would say defense.  Once it gets high enough most of the enemies can only deal negligible damage and I have very low tolerance for being hit for something that deals more damage than my maximum HP.

1 minute ago, EcchiOujisama said:

I found HP and SP growth through leveling up to be sufficient.  For Darx I liked to get defense to 99, attack to 99 and possibly add a nasty slashing technique.  I found defense made more a difference in dealing with the quantity of enemies you fight than attack did in my first run.  If you don't put anything into speed you'll get to a point where everyone always attacks before anyone in your party, and that gets old fast.  @CeruleanGamer previously mentioned putting most of the stat point into evade and found it becomes difficult for most enemies to hit you with around 60 evade.  I would err on the side of pumping up your 4 main stats (attack, defense, speed, evade) your first time through, especially if you're on Overlord.

I gave my levels and party for the first time I cleared the game earlier in the thread, and that was with no additional magic defense, so it really doesn't take that much to clear the game.     

A good bit of info, I guess I was just having a lot of trouble, I barely survived the fight with the sub-commander (Filliane? I think), and I got completely party-wiped by the blonde headed commander (never got to see her name) So I figured I was doing something wrong.