Bunny Black 2 Early Impressions and Helpful Info

EcchiOujisama

No, not doing anything wrong.  If you read the OP that's the fight I mentioned that had eaten up most of my time in the game.  Walk around, kill enemies, put all of your points into defense and you'll beat it.  Eventually.  They're just a lot stronger than you the first time through the game.

I ended up with 99 Evade Darx and almost every attack that's not magic never hits me. Magic seems to not be affected by evade as much although it's possible to still evade magic. 

Pretty much any skill that doesn't say "Row" or "Column" should work while on reserve from what I noticed. Row/Column skills require the unit to be in the starting line up. There are some skills like Punchable Face obviously needs you to be in the starting line up, because reserve units can't really just jump out of nowhere to block an attack for an ally. 

I want to try Buuny Black next, so before playing I had some question.

1. I'd read in VNDB thread there was a stat called discipline. Discipline mean that how much control you had on the party member. The question is, could you list female demon who could you con.... I mean had high discipline?

2. Is there the girls from the cover will joining the party? Will they had high discipline?

I'd heard about how hard this game is. Might try it out. Oh the reason I asked those 2 question because that I remember back in Persona 3 we couldn't had freedom much in control our party member, although my concern was more like couldn't control female character much lol (My true concern).

I think that's only my questions about this game for now.

As irony would have it, the best source of information about the original Bunny Black happens to be this very forum!

From the cover, Ekate and Meryl join your party briefly but are not available for the endgame.  For the others, Forze is your Maou and too important to do the bitchwork, Shia is your non-fighting sex slave, Liz and Maki are two easy girls from the neighborhood and while having more charm and sex appeal than she did in the sequel, Rakia has a business to run.   

For your generic units, the AI and options available are much better than they were in BB2.  I never had any problems getting my minions to do what I wanted.

9 minutes ago, kolredster said:

I just noticed, some units have stars next to some skills (Fairies have a star next to Healing Touch and Zephyr.) What does that mean?

That means they are staple skills and cannot be replaced if you have learned the maximum amount of skills.

3 minutes ago, kolredster said:

That leads me into another question, let's say I were to give a fairy a better healing spell, First Aid vs Healing Touch, would the AI opt to use Healing Touch instead despite the lower healing power?

If they have blue or green circle discipline, then you can choose what heal skill they use. Green circle allows you to target specific units.

You can improve their discipline every time you beat the game (up to 5 times). This is all indicated by the number of stars. 

1 minute ago, CeruleanGamer said:

If they have blue or green circle discipline, then you can choose what heal skill they use. Green circle allows you to target specific units.

You can improve their discipline every time you beat the game (up to 5 times).

That's good to know, is it only the generic units who have their discipline promoted? Sadly this is my first run of the game so I'm only working with triangle's.

You can upgrade named characters discipline too because some of them are blue and triangle. Green is the best you can get and it allows absolute command over the unit by allowing it to select any of its moves and specific targets.

Blue allows selection of moves but only has general targeting. Triangle cant select moves and only has general targeting and X discipline units dont follow your orders at all.

@EcchiOujisamaActually I want to ask Bunny Black 2, but looks like I was half tire when typing that, but thanks anyway. Sorry, and thanks to @CeruleanGamer for the information regarding discipline. So we'd had triangle the most, right. And in Bunny Black 2, could we got the main girls joined permanently or we'd only could dependent to the monster for endgame? And could we got the character with green discipline for first playthrough or not (Bunny Black 2)? Thanks in advance. And I'd heard this game is quite hard, so guess I should be prepared and advance very carefully.

PS One more thing, the people that we could only control was MC remind me of Brave Soul, very old H-RPG (I though at 8 years ago it was quite amazing that we had H-RPG. But after I saw Sengoku Rance, Eiyuu Senki, Kamidori, and Duel Savior I thought Brave Soul was lame lol).

Edit - Nevermind. After digging this thread and VNDB GD, apparently the main girls we could get for endgame were Mary Alice (Aroduc's translation) and Firiana. And both of them apparently had green discipline directly.

Is it your first time in the Path of Light? If it is, you need to walk around a bit until you get skits with the 3 Seraphs and Oldeus. After a few skits, he will show up as a purple dot on the map and there will be a boss fight when he touches you/you touch him. 

7 hours ago, MazterTedyz14 said:

I already defeated Oldeous, They are preparing a kind of gun or something, I think, I'm supposed to beat a woman with cat ears (do not know how she is called), but I don't find her, and like I said I already defeated the Two Sisters (The one with the white hair and the one with the black hair)

One of the doors in Baldaquin Courtyard can be opened with your newly acquired key now. It's in the southwest area, close to the Citadel of Spear optional dungeon.

4 hours ago, Deltascourge said:

So does anyonw know know where I'm supposed to go now. I'm still stuck. I have the red and the green key, and I have no idea where to go now. I've been trying to 100% rooms in hope of finding a locked door, but I can't find anything

Would be great if you can describe to us where exactly are you and what events have transpired. I'm not too familiar with the keys but can easily guide you if I know where you are. 

49 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

One of the doors in Baldaquin Courtyard can be opened with your newly acquired key now. It's in the southwest area, close to the Citadel of Spear optional dungeon.

Would be great if you can describe to us where exactly are you and what events have transpired. I'm not too familiar with the keys but can easily guide you if I know where you are. 

I can get to the fifth floor on the sea map, and then theres an orange door I can't open. I just spoke to Dorothy and she gave me the green key (unlocking 2 areas which are optional) and that's pretty much it. I got the dancer lady (Dah?) and Echo aswell

26 minutes ago, Deltascourge said:

I can get to the fifth floor on the sea map, and then theres an orange door I can't open. I just spoke to Dorothy and she gave me the green key (unlocking 2 areas which are optional) and that's pretty much it. I got the dancer lady (Dah?) and Echo aswell

Have you fought Tatsumaki, Roger, and Jon? If not, go ahead and find them. They should be wandering around the dungeon as yellow dots. If they are in an area that can't be reached, just go rezone and they'll appear elsewhere on the next map. I believe you have to take out several of the wandering red dots of adventurers until a skit is revealed on how to break them free from their mind control to make these 3 guys appear. A Gunguskar maid should tell you all this. 

Once you do all that, you still can't  fight Izana but if you go back and forth a couple times from the dungeon and your room/prison and go to the Hall of Doors, a new event should happen where Darx gets kidnapped and her daughter takes over to rescue him. 

2 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

Have you fought Tatsumaki, Roger, and Jon? If not, go ahead and find them. They should be wandering around the dungeon as yellow dots. If they are in an area that can't be reached, just go rezone and they'll appear elsewhere on the next map. I believe you have to take out several of the wandering red dots of adventurers until a skit is revealed on how to break them free from their mind control to make these 3 guys appear. A Gunguskar maid should tell you all this. 

Once you do all that, you still can't  fight Izana but if you go back and forth a couple times from the dungeon and your room/prison and go to the Hall of Doors, a new event should happen where Darx gets kidnapped and her daughter takes over to rescue him. 

Figured as much, but I haven't seen a yellow dot since the wolf girl (who I seemed to have skipped at one point, and found fairly recently) But I'll fight some dots for now. Any specific place I have to do that in?