Bunny Black 2 Early Impressions and Helpful Info

EcchiOujisama

2 hours ago, EcchiOujisama said:

From that description I'm pretty sure @okokis talking about the optional fight on Flame of Valor 5F.  This is a nasty battle at this point in the game if you're not highly overleveled.  Jon doesn't warn you about danger for nothing.  The main problem you face is that there are so many backup units.  Get some spells that hit all enemies and wipe them all out before backups can take their place.  If you beat the 9 enemies in front of you before the round ends it doesn't matter how many units the enemy has in reserve, you still win.  It doesn't go away so you could alternatively come back later and stomp it when you're stronger.      

In some situations it's faster to quit the game and load than it is to wait for the battle to end once it hits the point of hopelessness. 

I decided to power through it and got it cleared the second time yesterday.  Aside from a second star on units that have cleared the game a second time there is no apparent additional bonus for doing so.  

There is a helpful Cheat Engine script that works with the English version, for those so inclined.

http://everyone.loves.this.forum.gamehacking.software/viewtopic.php?t=587365&sid=8d7f30d98e959ed60f4efea25c10b9e1

Whoops, totally misread. Could have sworn I saw "final" instead of "book", but w/e. The spellslinging bosses like that Tome can be still tanked no problem if you do stack on magic defense gear. Almost all end-game enemies have some sort of offensive spell.

I'm currently on my 3rd playthrough. Most of my units have green or blue circle discipline now but some of the X discipline units are still X while some are triangle. My Onyx Knight is still a freaking triangle discipline (can't select moves or target). I heard the max stars is 5 and it's enough to get green discipline all the X discipline units. I'll do it 2 more times so I can have 5 stars on every unit. It just looks better to look at. This is what the 5th star looks like:

ncvwk1R.png

Been through this one three times and still stuck on 3 H scenes - Sex With Captives 4 and Sex With Filliane 6-7.  No matter how slowly I climb Castle Baldequin ir go between the prison and Hall of Doors I just can't get these to come up before Filliane gets outed as a traitor.  Is there some secret I haven't figured out?  They're the only H scenes I'm missing. (T_T)

After stepping away from a day or two I'll say it's much easier to digest a second or third time when you're strong enough to cut down most of the enemies, use the Lucky Bell to keep random encounters at a pleasant level and don't have to go through the Gate of Guidance. 

Sometimes I go to room/prison and no scenes happen but when I come in and out again, some scenes occur. This is how I got some of the bonus scenes to occur. They seem chronological too, so Sex with Filliane 7 should not happen before any other Sex with Filliane versions. Some bonus scenes are kinda annoying to get and involves a lot of walking.

So after continuing a bit further, I love the dynamic of Shia, Koze, and Forze.  So damn good.  I don't think I've laughed at antics like these in a while.

Somewhere, behind my back, a war is being waged.  It's better not to question it.

:wahaha:

Oh Shia, why can't you just act like a good mother for Koze and stop trying to corrupt her :kosame: 

Also, was that Koze in the Overlord outfit during the opening movie? She looked so adorable.

2 minutes ago, Abyssal Monkey said:

So after continuing a bit further, I love the dynamic of Shia, Koze, and Forze.  So damn good.  I don't think I've laughed at antics like these in a while.

:wahaha:

Oh Shia, why can't you just act like a good mother for Koze and stop trying to corrupt her :kosame: 

Also, was that Koze in the Overlord outfit during the opening movie? She looked so adorable.

She becomes a temporary character with the same exact stats and skills as Darx. Sucks she only stays for a very short time. Now if only I find a way to change character IDs in Cheat Engine and change any unit I want into Kozelotte. <_< 

FINALLY got those pesky scenes  Sex With Captives 4 and Sex With Filliane 6&7.  This is the same kind of bullshit you have with Crowe's and Lily's scenes.  You need to level up Filliane until she's somewhere between 12 and 16 (I went with 16 to be safe).  Make as little progress in the story as possible.  Get the door installed in Castle Baldaquin and stop progressing with the story and the dungeon.  From here on do nothing but go to the jail, go to a dungeon, leave immediately, return to the jail, rinse, wash repeat until you get the scenes.  If you go too far in Castle Baldaquin you will miss missable scenes that have to be seen before these show up.  What a bite in my ass. 

Amazingly, with 185/185 scenes I'm still missing one CG - number 269.  It's Koze in a witch costume.  Does that event featuring that ring a bell to anyone for where it might be?

2 hours ago, EcchiOujisama said:

Amazingly, with 185/185 scenes I'm still missing one CG - number 269.  It's Koze in a witch costume.  Does that event featuring that ring a bell to anyone for where it might be?

I'll give you a hint: That CG is not Kozelotte. :illya: Not sure if viewing a certain bonus scene will credit you that CG but you can try. It shows in both the main game and the bonus scene. :) 

Is it just me, or does the book of maps (increase map range) and orienteering feel like they're translated/explained inappropriately.  Like the first game, it should be something like increases awareness of enemies.  I was slightly disappointed when with the book of maps I wasn't mapping a 3x3, but instead saw no effect due to already having a fairy in my party.

I'll agree with you on this.  I had no idea what the Book of Maps did until I equipped it, noticed nothing, then got rid of my fairies to see I still had a usable map.  Ogre Girl's ability sounds similar as well, but in fact it expands your awareness of enemies range. 

I hadn't gone through the bonus scenes yet, so @CeruleanGamer's note about it being in the bonus scenes explains the missing CG.  There are some things villains awesome enough to call themselves ware are not permitted to do without losing their dignity, and that certainly qualifies.  As a fellow royal I felt embarrassed just watching it.   Felt a big one of these on the back of my head. (^_^); 

Out of curiosity, has anyone noticed anything that causes Dorothy to show up with the key to the Citadel Spear?  Sometimes she's there as soon as I have access to the room, other runs through the game she doesn't show up at all.  Most mysterious.  I would say it can't just be random, but with this game, you never can tell. lol

Addition: one thing that works to get you the key to the Citadel Spear is rescue rape Dorothy in the highest level you can initially reach in Effervescent Sea.  After this she will show up with the key in front of the door.  I've definitely gotten it earlier than that for reasons I can't figure out, but that does work.

You should just buy Hint Guide from Rakia's shop and be done with it. It detects secret doors/traps and increases sight range, all of these effects just 1 item slot!

Played the game for about 3 hours today. Currently on my 4th playthrough aiming to get the last clear star for everyone. I'll share my save once I finish the game. :) 

Here's my save guys: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2227acv1vb759l5/Bunny2.sav.zip

GvlxeGc.jpg

What's in here:

- 100% CG/Scenes!

- 100% Item/Unit Collection. Have all types of units in reserves. Have all items with multiple copies.

- All maps 100% revealed!

- Saves at the beginning of the game as well as in front of the final boss. Overlord Difficulty.

- Lots of level 99 units with max stats (999 HP/SP and 99 in all 4 stats). Also renamed after their canon Bunny Black counterparts (Example: Hylf is named Kona, B/W Chords are both named Flat and Sharp, Blackbird is named Crowe)

- On the save at the beginning of the game, all units have 5 clear stars and max discipline. Lots of units have the red game clear flags. 

Good luck and hope you guys enjoy the game as much as I did! :sachi: 

Special thanks to Softhouse Chara for making the game!

This second installment feels pretty watered down in content - from game mechanics and progression (equipment, skill choices, etc) - to events and CGs with various generics you could hire. So far it's focusing pretty hard on the named characters only~

Not my preferred style of VN to begin with, but still a little dissapointing compared to the first - but maybe I'm judging it a bit too harshly, too early? (currently I just reached the flames of Valor floorset)

2 minutes ago, Suzu Fanatic said:

This second installment feels pretty watered down in content - from game mechanics and progression (equipment, skill choices, etc) - to events and CGs with various generics you could hire. So far it's focusing pretty hard on the named characters only~

Not my preferred style of VN to begin with, but still a little dissapointing compared to the first - but maybe I'm judging it a bit too harshly, too early? (currently I just reached the flames of Valor floorset)

While they have severely limited Darx's customization this time around, they definitely improved on the other character's adaptability and usefulness in battle now that you can put whatever skill and build them however you want. Although they did make the game way too easy this time to the point that Overlord difficulty is like easy mode once you are done with your 1st playthrough. Spells are now the cream of the crop, making slashing, striking, and ranged attacks pointless for most of the game except the final boss battles (because they are magic resistant). You can easily 1 shot everything now mindlessly with AoE spells if you stack enough magic damage. 

However, I do miss the quest board-like pacing of the game from BB1. While the quests may be repetitive, they made the game pretty straight-forward and pacing was very balanced. You know what to do and what to expect, and not wander around these big ass dungeons like in BB2, get annoyed to hell by unnecessary random encounters, and expecting stuff to happen out of nowhere.

The ranking system is also something I miss. I love level ups and ranks, and removing that and adding something like a donation system is just not the same anymore.  

@Suzu FanaticYou're not wrong at all and I already murdered this horse with my bare hands in the OP so I won't do so again.  On the plus side, at least they got rid of the needless hassle the first one made you go through to open treasure chests.  Amazingly, I'm finding a lot of people online and offline who actually like this MORE than the first one.  Apparently some people think that everything I disliked about it and the comparatively blase story were awesome.  

@CeruleanGamerCongrats on your save!  To stick up for slashing in this one, I rather like having 4 Onyx Knights telling everyone to return to the darkness before slashing the crap out of them twice per turn when they don't just wipe out the small fries with a giant fart before the battle starts.  If I may ask (again), where did you find the Pearly Gate, Heaven Gate and Holy Werebear to complete the unit list?  You appear to be the first person to have done so outside of Japan.  All of the "100%" saves floating around are missing them. 

From what I recall, the Pearly Gate and Holy Wearbear are very rare red bunny encounters. Pearly Gate is somewhere in the area where you fought Doua. As for the Werebear, I killed maybe 600+ of all the other Holy monsters but only encountered Holy Werebears like 20 times.... so yeah it's that rare... <_< I think they show up as early as Baldaquin Tower but also in the Courtyard.  

As for the Heaven Gate, I have only seen it once and it's also a red encounter. I think it's in one of the bonus dungeons but forgot which one. 

Tch, I was hoping for some kind of obscure pseudosidequest.  You seem to have more luck than I in getting those Holy Werebears to show up.  I've got 800+ kills of the other holy monsters and still haven't seen one.      

Does Citadel Spear (the little 6 floor bonus dungeon, certainly not to be confused with the Gate of Guidance) sound right for the Heaven Gate?  I tend to fight a Gatekeeper there so it would keep with the theme of randomness on these, and is the only other bonus dungeon in the game.   

Thanks as akways.  

1 minute ago, EcchiOujisama said:

Tch, I was hoping for some kind of obscure pseudosidequest.  You seem to have more luck than I in getting those Holy Werebears to show up.  I've got 800+ kills of the other holy monsters and still haven't seen one.      

Does Citadel Spear (the little 6 floor bonus dungeon, certainly not to be confused with the Gate of Guidance) sound right for the Heaven Gate?  I tend to fight a Gatekeeper there so it would keep with the theme of randomness on these, and is the only other bonus dungeon in the game.   

Thanks as akways.  

Heaven Gate isn't that high level compared to the other gates in Gate of Guidance which are level 45 and 55.

zfM5p96.png