i want to start a new project but i have no clue what im doing.

like the title says. i dont mind doing most of the project myself. in my opinion its better than relying on someone who might bail out. of course if i get stuck somewhere ill ask for help, like now.

let me just clarify, i have absolutely no idea what i am doing when it comes to extracting scripts and changing texts and all that other fancy stuff. i need programs, softwares, advice, warm milk, anything you can offer i am all ears.

3 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

like the title says. i dont mind doing most of the project myself. in my opinion its better than relying on someone who might bail out. of course if i get stuck somewhere ill ask for help, like now.

let me just clarify, i have absolutely no idea what i am doing when it comes to extracting scripts and changing texts and all that other fancy stuff. i need programs, softwares, advice, warm milk, anything you can offer i am all ears.

Unless you have hacking experience, You need a hacker to extract the game's scripts, voice files, images, etc...

59 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

i once hit my asshole bosses pc with a wrench , which made it freeze all the time. does that count?

So, no computer hacking experience but you got some computer whacking experience. Nice. (may they rest in p...ieces) 8)

But really, it might be helpful to find a game and identify its engine first. That will help figure out what kind of tools are needed to get the data.

Edited by binaryfail

Okay, so the data is for an engine that's a bit older than the present-day AdvHD engine. Nonetheless, I can point you to a tool that can extract the script text.

Go here (http://anime.geocities.jp/notazsite1/soft/ and get #009.

To use it, copy will_con (v3) to a new folder and put Rio.arc in that same folder. Run the program and you should see a bunch of txt files. Since this tool only extracts the text, another program will be needed for re-inserting.

10 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

OH GOD!

IS THAT BAD? DID I MAKE A TERRIBLE MISTAKE!? :o

No, I'm just old.

Geocities was literally one of the first "build your own website" places back in the 90's. You couldn't swing a dead meme without running into a Geocities site. But it's been long dead for years now.

6 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

phew. dont scare me like that. i just started translating and im like 2 hours in.

Sorry, didn't mean to alarm you. Just surprised any of those links were still out there. But looking it up it makes sense - Yahoo! shut down Geocities in the United States in 2009 along with Canada and Europe, but it's still available in Japan, which explains the distinct Japanese text on it.