Bishoujo Mangekyou -Wasurenagusa to Eien no Shoujo-

mitchhamilton

This vn has been on my mind ever since i finished reading it about a month or two ago and has been even more so now that Bishoujo Mangekyou -Norowareshi Densetsu no Shoujo- is getting an english translation. they take place in the same universe, in case you didnt know.

a writer goes to a resort to talk to a bizarre girl, i guess to get inspiration for a story or something, and is given a kaleidoscope. when he looks through the kaleidoscope he is shown events that may or may not have happen in the past or future or even another dimension. there he is shown the story of two small children, Kanzaki Akihito and Sawatari Shizuku. they escape their homes one night to plant a flower by a lake and after doing so shizuku kisses kanzaki telling her his feelings for him. there is then a time jump fours years in the future where shizuku has moved away and despite kanzaki's attempts to contact her, she never replies. this has affected him greatly, so much so that he hardly goes to school anymore or talks to his other childhood friends Takaoka Kouji and Hanasato Megumi. doesnt help that akihito has a heart problem as well. one day everything changes though when shizuku comes back to her home town. although he is happy about their reunion, he cant help but feel like something is wrong.

ill leave at that for now as far as summarizing the story. im gonna continue talking about the story with a spoiler tag down below for those who have read it or those who want the story in a hurry. i reeeaaally want to talk about this. it may seem to take the usual vn story route but trust me. there is a lot more that happens in this story. it really is a roller coaster of emotions. i highly recommend it. also, yes. it is a nukige and the sex does get in the way sometimes, but again, give it a read.

the illustration is down by the same guy who did the KanojoxKanojoxKanojo and its sequel. i always did like kxkxk for its illustrations and so the fact that this used the same illustrator is what sold it for me. let me just say, holy crap are the characters beautiful. the guy or girl has really improved since KxKxK and it definitely shows here. 36767.jpg

i would come up with a better pic but i dont have it installed anymore.

Spoiler

after shizuku comes back, akihito cant shake the feeling of betrayal he has toward shizuku after not responding to any of his letters. even though most days with her are fun and hes even attending school again, he cant get rid of his dark emotions. so after shizuku tells him that she would do anything for him, he makes a request for her to take off all her clothes. shizuku is shocked by this request at first but complies. akihito didnt expect her to actually do it and is in shock from it. shizuku reiterates that she would do anything for him and that she loves. akihito receives chest pain and falls down. when he wakes he sees shizuku. after confirming each others feelings they then have sex.

their days as a happy couple continues as they continue to hang out with everyone. akihito keeps having very vivid dreams of him as a child digging at the lake for something with shizuku with him just standing over him quietly. he doesnt know what it means but feels its something important. whats more, is that when akihito asks to walk shizuku home or wants to where she even lives, she dodges the subject. one day, a fed up akihito, follows her, only to lose her in a crowded area. giving up on the matter, akihito goes home.

as time goes one he feels something else is wrong as events start to make less and less sense. one day after school he calls out to megumi and she runs away. akihito thought it was odd and decides not to follow and heads inside the classroom to find megumi, seemingly not remembering the events that just happened. after walking with everyone home, the next day megumi apologizes for just running off like that and claims to see him so suddenly after so long an absence startled her. this statement confuses akihito since hes been seeing her everyday. he brings this up but megumi has no idea what hes talking about and when he brings up shizuku, a dark look comes over her.

akihito starts to question everything. megumi's attitude, shizuku's evasive behavior regarding her place of residence, and his dreams. almost as if something is telling him something. something hes forgotten. shizuku disappears for a while and in her absence megumi confesses her love for akihito. (going by the true end route here) he rejects her and says he loves shizuku. megumi is shocked by this and tries to tell him something. but theyre interrupted by kouji (other childhood friend) who leads akihito to the graveyard. there they show akihito the truth. Sawatari Shizuku is dead. she died four years ago. someone rapped Shizuku and killed her. akihito devastated by this news runs away to the lake where they planted their flower. there he remembers his dream and where he was digging in it. he digs in the same spot and is horrified by what he finds. his bloody knife. he then remembers why its there. four years ago akihito and shizuku seemed to slowly grow apart. she grew up beautifully and was the talk of school. she was so busy with gymnastics and her social life that she didnt have time to hang out with akihito. was her confession a lie? he thought. the first girl he ever loved was slowly drifting away from him. the last straw was when he was walking around town and saw kouji acting friendly with shizuku late one night and leads her to a shady district. he stops them and they act very suspicious. what were they gonna do in that part of town? something indecent. this drove akihito over the edge. he decided the next day. to lead shizuku to the lake, where she exclaims how happy she is that the tiny flower help make a beautiful little field of flowers. akihito couldnt care less as he pulls out his knife and threatens her to take her clothes off. shizuku can only look in horror as the seemingly unreal chain of events is happening to her. she does what he says and he proceeds to rape her. slapping her and demeaning her in the process. i know what youre thinking but read on.

now in the present akihito breaks down in tears for his unforgivable act and walks back to her tombstone. he apologizes to shizuku for his unforgivable act. his unforgivable act of rapping her, and his unforgivable act of killing her. in order to atone for his sins, he offers his life and takes the knife and points it at his heart. just then warmth over comes as well as the body of the one he loves. shizuku raps her arms around him and explains further what happened that day. 

after the deed was done he looks over the crying shizuku in satisfaction. mocking her and tells her she should be used to sex by now. she tells him that she was a virgin. akihito doesnt believe it. she explains that she was only helping kouji with something else that night. akihito realizes what hes done and apologizes profusely. shizuku tries to comfort him and tells him that shes a little happy, knowing that her first time was with him. she tells him that she has always loved him for all these years. akihito feels even more guilt for what hes done and takes the knife and points it at his chest. shizuku begs him to stop but to no avail. he stabs himself in the chest and falls in the water. as he feels his life draining he sees shizuku desperately giving him air, mouth to mouth as his consciousness fades.

back in the graveyard she exclaims that she still loves him and still wishes to be with him. she offers for them to spend eternity together and akihito accepts. he takes her hand and his vision turns white.

the writer back at the inn is pulled out of the kaleidoscope and leaves and blah blah blah.

after credits are done rolling we see akihito waking up and hearing his name from the woman he loves. shes standing over him crying. he looks around the room and realizes hes in the hospital. shizuku explains that after he stabbed himself he had been in a four year coma and is finally awake. shizuku tells him she needs to tell a nurse and is about to leave but not before giving him a kiss. akihito slowly starts to recover from being a coma for so long and soon he'll be able to leave to hospital. then his life with shizuku will finally begin again.

19 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Sorry, i put it in spoilers now. Main question still remains though!

what do you mean

Spoiler

how does shizuku come back to life? you mean after he wakes up from the coma? she was never dead. i assume she jumped in the river to save him after he stabbed himself and then she went to get help.

• 1 year later...

...that was an...unexpectedly good story. Shame that h-scenes and typical for vn complete 'whatever' about sex and it's implications, really downgraded the second part of the story (I only read mitchs' post, but I can imagine how it looked like in the vn... especially that

Spoiler

rape scene...and then - daiski protag kun.)

But overall - I'm surprised. Ca't wait for BM titles to be transalted, they look georgeous. Especially that vampire one, and THIS ONE.

10 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

...that was an...unexpectedly good story. Shame that h-scenes and typical for vn complete 'whatever' about sex and it's implications, really downgraded the second part of the story (I only read mitchs' post, but I can imagine how it looked like in the vn... especially that

Reveal hidden contents

rape scene...and then - daiski protag kun.)

But overall - I'm surprised. Ca't wait for BM titles to be transalted, they look georgeous. Especially that vampire one, and THIS ONE.

Uhhh...you do realize that the Bishoujo Mangekyou series is nukige, right?  :makina: You're actually complaining about sex scenes ruining a nukige.

6 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Uhhh...you do realize that the Bishoujo Mangekyou series is nukige, right?  :makina: You're actually complaining about sex scenes ruining a nukige.

when i went into it i knew it was a nukige and what i was getting into but as soon as the story got more and more interesting the sex really did start to become bothersome as it was just getting in the way of further development at that point.