A little bit of problem with VN on my new laptop

Satsuki

So, the thing is, I just bought a new laptop (Win 8.1). After reconfigured this and that, I managed to run every VN just fine. However, there is a little bit of problem like this:

Q4CaiqB.png

As you can see, on top of windows bar, the VN title is in a total mess. Also, some of the VN's installations also gave me "?????" in the folder name (only some, not all). It does not really affect anything, it's just a little bit irritating to look at, that's all. Anyone knows how to fix this?

I'm guessing that I may need to install a Japanese font pack or something like that.

I know this is in bad taste, but what VN is that? It looks like it has good "plot".

But in all seriousness, if you haven't configured your laptop to use multiple languages, that may be your problem. (As tahu157 stated above) 

If you have already done so, then you probably need to download the Japanese supplemental fonts.

I run a Windows 10 Device, so your path may be different than mine.

Control Panel>Clock, Language, and Region>Language>Add A Language>Add "Japanese"

That type of messy text is almost always an indicator of non unicode settings and/or time format not being set in Japanese.
If you are 100% sure everything is set to Japanese, then the other possibility is you not having installed the language packs that come with the Japanese fonts.
I can't think of any other possibility in this scenario.

I know this is in bad taste, but what VN is that? It looks like it has good "plot".

https://vndb.org/v17632

• 4 weeks later...