trip 2 Japan

zoom909

I haven't been to Japan yet.

But I'd like to go. At some point.

Meanwhile, if you've already visited there, or are planning to, let me know.

I'm basically thinking of tourism, not business.

Did you go alone? Was it worth going? How long did you stay? Where did you go?

(If you are just planning, take that previous line and change it to the present tense)

From where I live the trip is tremendously long, like 14 hrs of air travel, not counting stopovers.

Still I might consider it at some point.

I plan to do. I have a 6-month internship to do in about a year and I'm pretty sure I'll do it there.

I heard Kyoto was full of wonderful things. Of course I'll also hit Akihabara and at least a Comiket if I can. Well I won't be there for tourism but in 6 month I think I'll find time to do some touring.

I already heard some advices about places to visit, things to eat, etc but I don't really remember them, I'll inform myself a bit more when I'll be closer to the time.

I went to Japan for 10 days a few years back. Unfortunately, I got sick on the second day and that ruined most of my trip :(! Still, I did the most I could. Of course, I went to Akihabara :lol:. Also, Tokyo Tower, a few shrines, etc. I grew up loving Kamen Rider, so I also visited the Kamen Rider Diner at Ikebukuro. Out of dumb luck, our hotel happened to be ten minutes away from the restaurant.

We (my two friends and I) also visited Kyoto for two days. I checked out KyoAni's shop with a Japanese Twitter friend, whom I met up with in Kyoto. The next day, I met up with another Twitter friend. We met a few years ago thanks to our shared passion for Narcissu. In the morning, we met up and went on a day trip to visit the sights from the game :).

Traveling to Japan? I'm MOVING to Japan!

I've been there twice already; the first time for vacation, and the second time to choose a place to live.

For me it really is worth it to visit, and not only because of VNs and anime. I wasn't all that into anime when I first went and I still really enjoyed it.

I highly recommend visiting Akihabara, Harajuku, and going to Comiket.