XCOM Recruitment

kyrt

I'm taking some liberties with the nationalities of some of your characters. If there is anything you would prefer to change please let me know...I've gender swapped and nation flipped quite a few of you. I wanted to get all of you who submitted entries so far in. If you do not like something about the character or would prefer to wait until a gender and/or nationality becomes available please let me know.

Whoisthatguy96: The Trapezoid

50S3apsl.jpg

You wanted a cowardly and character quick to lose his cool...welcome to Will 29.

sj3piVGl.jpg

Based on the description you gave me your character seemed best as a Sniper. Admittedly a trigger happy paranoid sniper may get killed a bit quicker than usual.

description of Trapezoid play style:

Always take the long way around, going from cover to cover.

Never enter a building unless a friendly is also in it.
Always use all his action points to fire at the enemy if the chances to hit are 40% or high.
Don't go around a corner(building) if you have knowledge of an enemy around it, unless a friendly is already around the corner(building) or has vision around the corner(building).
Retreat as far as you can, regardless if he is in the middle of enemy territory, for 1 turn, if a friendly dies the previous turn.

I'm taking some liberties with the nationalities of some of your characters. If there is anything you would prefer to change please let me know...I've gender swapped and nation flipped quite a few of you. I wanted to get all of you who submitted entries so far in. If you do not like something about the character or would prefer to wait until a gender and/or nationality becomes available please let me know.

Turnip Sensei: Turnip Sensei

DmykWqKl.jpg

Hope you don't mind being Polish and looking related to 

Vc8LqPXl.jpg

I tried to make your character as friendly looking as is possible for someone wearing armor and carrying an assault rifle.

It's perfect.

Now let's just hope I'll do well on the field.

Actually, I'd like you to put a helmet (type 20) on my character and change the armor deco to type 1, if it's come to that. Also remove the extra "F" in the last name.

Oddly enough I noticed the spelling mistake when creating the character and simply forgot to change it before posting it.. You actually participated in mission 2 though so if you happened to survive I'll be sure to put the type 20 helmet and armor deco to type 1. I'll also correct the name so no worries. I'll post an image with the changes.

I should be getting mission 2 (finding the best screenshots right now) and maybe 3 out today. 

Promotions 

I'm doing a new segment to give a little bit of interactivity to this. Basically whenever you get promoted beyond squaddie I will ask you to choose one of two skills to take. InvictusCobra's character Siegfried Paladin is the first character to make it to Corporal and so now comes the part where he must decide which ability to take...I know which is the best of the options for this character but it would be no fun if I did everything myself.

Corporal Siegfried Paladin: Support
VPTTqpwl.jpg
Sprinter: Allows the soldier to move 3 additional tiles.
3A3VBZIl.jpg
Covering Fire: Allows reaction shots to trigger on enemy attacks not just movement.

Please pick one; you have until the character is used again if nothing is chosen then I'll pick it myself at that time.

Squaddie Turnip Sensei: Heavy
QMY2GBEl.jpg
Note: Slightly higher Will than previously and a slight increase in Aim. Congrats on being a heavy. Why are all the characters with good aim heavies? 

Promotions 

I'm doing a new segment to give a little bit of interactivity to this. Basically whenever you get promoted beyond squaddie I will ask you to choose one of two skills to take. InvictusCobra's character Siegfried Paladin is the first character to make it to Corporal and so now comes the part where he must decide which ability to take...I know which is the best of the options for this character but it would be no fun if I did everything myself.

Corporal Siegfried Paladin: Support
VPTTqpwl.jpg
Sprinter: Allows the soldier to move 3 additional tiles.
3A3VBZIl.jpg
Covering Fire: Allows reaction shots to trigger on enemy attacks not just movement.

Please pick one; you have until the character is used again if nothing is chosen then I'll pick it myself at that time.

Squaddie Turnip Sensei: Heavy
QMY2GBEl.jpg
Note: Slightly higher Will than previously and a slight increase in Aim. Congrats on being a heavy. Why are all the characters with good aim heavies? 

Covering Fire, I choose you!

Been months since I last played XCOM, but I used to take that skill a lot. Then again, I never played above Classic so what do I know. :D