Koiken Otome: Recruitment and News

Well I haven't quit yet and I don't plan to. Juggling projects and reading Grisaia is part of the fun.

I'm doing that too :D

I refer to those who join the team and disappear shortly after that without contact us.

We can't switch their position until we confirm that they are quit.

Do you guys need some TLC-ing? I'm pretty sure I can help you guys out with that. I just need to read the translated/edited English text, check for grammar issues, and make it sound really natural, right?

Pretty sure that role is known as QC, TLC is someone that checks the translation to make sure it is correct.

Pretty sure that role is known as QC, TLC is someone that checks the translation to make sure it is correct.

Oh, that makes a lot of sense, actually, hahahahaha. If you don't mind me asking, what do editors do? I mean, I wanted to help a project out in some way, but if I'm in way over my head, I guess I'll just go play Grisaia, lol.

Oh, that makes a lot of sense, actually, hahahahaha. If you don't mind me asking, what do editors do?

Editors are there to make sure the translation sounds good in English. They are usually writers as well and do rewrite lines so they are correct. QC are the final check before the scripts are inserted and is in charge of mostly grammar and spelling errors that may be found.

Oh, okay. Well, I'll just keep an eye out and see if I can manage to squeeze my way into some translation project or something sometime. I'm guessing it might be kind of futile since I can't read, write, or speak Japanese, though. There's probably a bunch of people like me roaming around.

Oh, okay. Well, I'll just keep an eye out and see if I can manage to squeeze my way into some translation project or something sometime. I'm guessing it might be kind of futile since I can't read, write, or speak Japanese, though. There's probably a bunch of people like me roaming around.

That's untrue, being proficient in the English language is more than enough to be a QC. Being an editor takes slightly more work and has a certain quality to them. Knowing Japanese is a bonus for an editor but not necessary. You'd be surprised how many projects need help in QCing and editing. Also I don't mean to come across as to discourage you from joining project. Quite the opposite actually, I'm just trying to clarify the positions just so you know for future reference.

That's untrue, being proficient in the English language is more than enough to be a QC. Being an editor takes slightly more work and has a certain quality to them. Knowing Japanese is a bonus for an editor but not necessary. You'd be surprised how many projects need help in QCing and editing. Also I don't mean to come across as to discourage you from joining project. Quite the opposite actually, I'm just trying to clarify the positions just so you know for future reference.

And you can always ask translator or translate checker if you need re-translate some line. :D

And you can always ask translator or translate checker if you need re-translate some line. :D/>

Of course this, and if they aren't around you can always leave a note. Not being able to read JP won't stop you from joining a team. Editors and QCs are always in need on a lot of projects.

Of course this, and if they aren't around you can always leave a note. Not being able to read JP won't stop you from joining a team. Editors and QCs are always in need on a lot of projects.

And I always check that in spread sheet or IRC everyday. :D

My mottoes for this :

"Right tool for a right job"

"If it cans do something, it isn't useless" ;)

Honestly, if you have the time, and can pass high school english, there's a place for you in many teams. There's plenty of people who know English running around, but quite frankly, there's not many people who are willing to stick to a project and do the work required for free. Come into #pantsu-vn and I'm sure we can find a place for you if you are willing to put in a couple hours a week. Quality checking and editing doesn't require a PhD in English. Just make things sound natural and correct. That's the meat and bones of our job.

I need to rest for a while.

My health is deteriorate by lack of sleep. :(/>

I have to get my job done ASAP too, so I can't TL until weekend. :(/>

Well, it's Friday tomorrow. :P/>

PS: To keep it short, I need to rest today. :P/>

Take all the time you need, health comes first.

hi I have played a lot of translated vns and was always thinking "I want to help these people who translate for others". I also cant read or write jap, and was wondering if I could QC? I have no problem with working pay free.

hi I have played a lot of translated vns and was always thinking "I want to help these people who translate for others". I also cant read or write jap, and was wondering if I could QC? I have no problem with working pay free.

We welcome everyone that willing to help if you pass our test. :D

http://www.flyingpantsu.net/koiken-otome/

It has all detail you need to apply your help :P