Koiken Otome: Recruitment and News

haha thats true, but you will get another tl to help you out this week too, we found another one:P

im still discussing with him some things so we will be meeting you soon i hope:P

and you're damn quick on tling haha, nearly don't have time to import the lines.

Well, that is a good news. I still catch cold so I can't TL at full capacity. (but still 80-90 lines TLed per day :P )

oo lol i just figured out how it worked haha, also i totally forgot about your images for our project, i will try to make some time this week, sorry about the delay:P

and thanks for the new info:P

lol the images hahaha

well, I'm not really in a hurry but it would help if you can give it to me already (since I'm bored too D:). It takes some time getting used to the game's style and a bit practice would help make the sprites look perfect. And btw, are the sprites in PNGs? or BMPs? And how many are there?

Edit: maybe I could just help edit for now? I can't understand a lot of japanese but a word per word translator (rikai kun ftw) should give me enough idea of what the sentence means, then I could modify the translated lines into something more understandable/decent/proper/whatever the situation requires the mood to be.

Edited by JeMhUnTeR

lol the images hahaha

well, I'm not really in a hurry but it would help if you can give it to me already (since I'm bored too D:). It takes some time getting used to the game's style and a bit practice would help make the sprites look perfect. And btw, are the sprites in PNGs? or BMPs? And how many are there?

Edit: maybe I could just help edit for now? I can't understand a lot of japanese but a word per word translator (rikai kun ftw) should give me enough idea of what the sentence means, then I could modify the translated lines into something more understandable/decent/proper/whatever the situation requires the mood to be.

You can help them translate engrish in to english. :D

By the way I got free time at work.

Today TL lines can reach 200+ :D

Ps. Do you guys think I'm too hyper? :P

lol the images hahaha

no i try to prevent getting tlers who use machine tl, i hate those tl's, so you can say as joshyan suggested you can edit the english lines to better understanding if your english is good enough, hop to our irc when you got time and hope we can discuss something about it. biggrin.gif, about the images dunno didn't count them yet lol, had yet to grap them together XD

You can help them translate engrish in to english. biggrin.gif/>

By the way I got free time at work.

Today TL lines can reach 200+ biggrin.gif/>

Ps. Do you guys think I'm too hyper? tongue.gif/>

omfg you're sick you know that xD, its nice to have you in our team:D you work for 2 man:P

Yeah, I could do that. Also, yeah, you're too productive when you're bored.

haha i agree with you he's too productive but better someone who wants to work then to lazy around telling him to tl finally:p

Hi all. I'm ACF, sub-leader, TLC (with some knowledge), website admin and file host. I thought I'd post a sample of the Translation we have so far. Get ready for a small wall of text, these are the first 16 lines:

本日晴天なり

The weather today is very nice.

何かいいことがありそうな、そんな晴れ渡った空の下

Something good may happen under this lovely clear sky.

俺は国立樫ノ森学園を目指して歩いていた

I'm walking to Kashinomori National School.

今日の入学式を終えれば、俺、[rb,大場誠一,おおばせいいち]はあの学園の学生となる

When today's entrance ceremony is finished, I [Ooba Seiichi] will become a student at that school.

樫ノ森学園は言うなれば、超エリート校だ

If you had to describe Kashinomori, you would say it is a super elite school.

なんつーか、いいのか、俺なんか入って? と聞いてしまいそうになる学園なのだが

I wonder if it will be good for me to attend it? I guess I'll find out once I'm in there.

誠一,「でも合格はしたんだしな。ま、いいんだろうな

I managed to pass, so that should be good enough.

エリート校と言っても、学力が優秀とかではない

Although my academic abilty isn't that good, I'm now part of this elite school.

導力”ってわかるかな? ひらたく言えば、超能力とか気とかそんなようなもの

Do you know about "Doryoku"? To put it simple, it's something like ESP.

その導力がないと入れないのが、樫ノ森学園だ

If Doryoku didn't exist, then Kashinomori wouldn't exist.

人類は過去に一度滅びかけた。異種生命体コトナに侵略されたのだ

A long time ago, mankind was on the verge of extintion due to the invasion of a different lifeform called ''Kotona."

その時、人類を破滅の危機から救ったのが、導力使い達だった

At that time, mankind was saved by the use of Doryoku.

以来、導力は研究され、さまざまな事柄に応用されるようになった

Since then, Doryoku has been researched and applied to a varity of things.

導力は生まれつきの資質で、後天的に身につけることはできないと言われている

Doryoku is an innate ability. It's not possible to aquire it artificially.

全人口の数パーセントが導力を持って生まれてくるわけで

Only a small percentage of the total population is born with Doryoku ability.

その数パーセントの『超能力者』たちを集めて訓練する施設のひとつが、この長見市にある樫ノ森学園だ

There are a few places where people with Doryoku can gather and be trained, and Kashinomori School In Nagami City is one of them.

What do you think of these lines so far?

Hi all. I'm ACF, sub-leader, TLC (with some knowledge), website admin and file host. I thought I'd post a sample of the Translation we have so far. Get ready for a small wall of text, these are the first 16 lines:

本日晴天なり

The weather today is very nice.

何かいいことがありそうな、そんな晴れ渡った空の下

Something good may happen under this lovely clear sky.

俺は国立樫ノ森学園を目指して歩いていた

When today's entrance ceremony is finished, I [Ooba Seiichi] will become a student at that school.

樫ノ森学園は言うなれば、超エリート校だ

If you had to describe Kashinomori, you would say it is a super elite school.

I wonder if it will be good for me to attend it? I guess I'll find out once I'm in there.

エリート校と言っても、学力が優秀とかではない

Although my academic abilty isn't that good, I'm now part of this elite school.

Do you know about "Doryoku"? To put it simple, it's something like ESP.

その導力がないと入れないのが、樫ノ森学園だ

A long time ago, mankind was on the verge of extintion due to the invasion of a different lifeform called ''Kotona."

Since then, Doryoku has been researched and applied to a varity of things.

Doryoku is an innate ability. It's not possible to aquire it artificially.

Only a small percentage of the total population is born with Doryoku ability.

There are a few places where people with Doryoku can gather and be trained, and Kashinomori School In Nagami City is one of them.

What do you think of these lines so far?

Good, but the original text above the translated line confuses my reading. Lazy to dissect the english lines and put it in a notepad for a straight read.(Since I can read some of the Kanji and most of the Kana)

Though I would suggest removing, that ability after Doryoku,< since it's already pointed out that Doryoku is an ability>

Saying you use MT is going to get you kicked out of the conservative right-wing "old culture" groups, it's basically blasphemy to them! It's a lot more progressive here. Nevertheless, MT has its limitations and a misparse can result in incorrect output, so be aware of that.

Here is side-by-side comparison for easier inspection.

A spellchecking pass would be useful to remove these: extintion, varity, aquire

(We're still in the process of setting up RWI so that you can translate easily like that. Then if your browser has built-in spellcheck and/or autocorrect, that'll be useful automatically.)

(We're still in the process of setting up RWI so that you can translate easily like that. Then if your browser has built-in spellcheck and/or autocorrect, that'll be useful automatically.)

We already have something similar to that in the form of a spreadsheet. The only problem using a spreadsheet gives us is that putting the translated scripts back in will be a tough job. We're prepared for that though. If your way allows us to easily put the scripts back in then we would like to adopt it.

Also, the line count you gave us originally was wrong. According to Defendos you split up the lines e.g.

line 1: Akane

Line 2: "what she says"

Line 3: Ooba

Line 4: "what he says"

etc.

Was there a reason for this?

Saying you use MT is going to get you kicked out of the conservative right-wing "old culture" groups, it's basically blasphemy to them! It's a lot more progressive here. Nevertheless, MT has its limitations and a misparse can result in incorrect output, so be aware of that.

A spellchecking pass would be useful to remove these: extintion, varity, aquire

I aware of that too. Most of MT Line are misparse so I use them for some vocab and kanji.

My English writing is a problem too, because I'm not native english user.

If they complain about that, I can sit out of this project since I just voluntary to do this project for free.

:P

some... corrections...? This, in my opinion, is a more casual/proper/common way to say those stuff in english. (ah, I don't always have time to go online in IRC :< can I just edit scripts offline in school on my phone if you'll let me help out edit?)

本日晴天なり

The weather today is really nice.

何かいいことがありそうな、そんな晴れ渡った空の下

Something good might happen under this clear lovely sky.

俺は国立樫ノ森学園を目指して歩いていた

Once today's entrance ceremony finishes, I [Ooba Seiichi] will become a student of that school.

樫ノ森学園は言うなれば、超エリート校だ

If you were to describe Kashinomori, you would say it is a super elite school.

I wonder if it's a good thing for me to attend there/here? I guess I'll find out once I'm in there.

エリート校と言っても、学力が優秀とかではない

Even though I'm not that good in academics, I'm now (or I've become) a part of this elite school.

Do you know about "Doryoku"? To put it simply, it's something like ESP.

その導力がないと入れないのが、樫ノ森学園だ

A long time ago, mankind was on the verge of extintion due to the invasion of foreign life-forms known as ''Kotona."

At that time, mankind was saved by making use of Doryoku.

Since then, Doryoku has been researched and applied to a variety of things.

Doryoku is an innate ability. It's not possible to acquire it artificially.

Only a small percentage of the total population is born with the ability to use Doryoku.

There are a few places where people with Doryoku can gather and train, and Nagami City's Kashinomori School is one of those.

no, Joshyan. Nobody wants you out of the team. Doing that would definitely slow things down D:

and btw, I also use MT since I don't understand japanese at all. I just know a few common phrases from anime :3 (and I know hiragana, plus a couple more characters from katakana). I use rikai-kun (a GChrome plugin to display japanese text translations in a tiny popup) to get an idea of the sentence structure, so I know how words should be arranged when it gets translated to english. I don't think it really matters anyway, since I'm no translator.

GChrome also has a built-in spellchecker so it's easy to spot errors.

Edited by JeMhUnTeR

some... corrections...? This is, in my opinion, is a more casual/proper/common way to say those stuff in english.

I remember reading a few posts up that you can help with editing. If you are still up for it then join the IRC and PM me your Google Mail. That will get you access to the spreadsheet. You will be helping with image editing, yeah? Although, there isn't anything to do for now.

Nobody wants you to leave, Joshyan. I'll deal with whatever lines come up.

Well, I just troll around while I tl some line

It's keep my head clear. :P

It's 800+ lines now

Around 20.5 % of common route is TLed. :D

Don't worry about me quit the project. I won't unless I'm fired. :D

Tomorrow is free so I will try to set the record at 200+ line TLed in that day :P

本日晴天なり

The weather today is really nice.

何かいいことがありそうな、そんな晴れ渡った空の下

The lovely clear sky makes me feel as if something good is going to happen today.

俺は国立樫ノ森学園を目指して歩いていた

At the moment I'm walking to Kashinomori National School.

After today's entrance ceremony, I [Ooba Seiichi] will become a student there.

樫ノ森学園は言うなれば、超エリート校だ

Kashinomori is what you would call an "elite" school.

To be honest, I'm not even sure I should be attending this school, but I guess I'll find out once I get there.

Well I managed to get in, so I should be fine.

エリート校と言っても、学力が優秀とかではない

To be honest, although I'm going to what is called an "elite" school, my academic prowess is actually considerably lacking.

Have you heard about "Doryoku"? They're basically what you would call "supernatural powers".

その導力がないと入れないのが、樫ノ森学園だ

If you don't have "Doryoku" then you can't get in to Kashinomori.

Since then, people have studied and researched Doryoku, and learned to apply it to a variety of different things.

Doryoku is an innate ability that people are born with, and apparently it's not possible to acquire it artificially.

Because of that, only a small percent of the population has the ability.

This small percentage of people who are found to have Doryuku are gathered and trained at certain places, and Kashinomori National In Nagami City is one of them.

I had some free time, so I looked over it. I made the english a little spoofier, and retranslated a few parts. Feel free to use it if you like it.

I had some free time, so I looked over it. I made the english a little spoofier, and retranslated a few parts. Feel free to use it if you like it.

Thanks for that, it certainly looks a lot better. Since you said you had some free time I'm going to guess that you don't have enough and wouldn't be up for joining, even if it was just chucking a few lines your way?

We already have something similar to that in the form of a spreadsheet. The only problem using a spreadsheet gives us is that putting the translated scripts back in will be a tough job. We're prepared for that though. If your way allows us to easily put the scripts back in then we would like to adopt it.

Also, the line count you gave us originally was wrong. According to Defendos you split up the lines e.g.

line 1: Akane

Line 2: "what she says"

Line 3: Ooba

Line 4: "what he says"

etc.

Was there a reason for this?

The line count we gave you is correct as "actual lines of script", not number of records (which is what you may have been thinking, hence the discrepancy). That format is so we can easily break down the count of script lines per character (including unvoiced ones), enables easy reinsertion --- as long as you do not change the reserved columns, and also serves as a reminder that you need not change the names, just skip over those records. Give us a translation of the names and we can change them all at once upon reinsertion.

Sorry we haven't setup RWI yet, it's been somewhat busy here but your project is one of the first in the queue.

Well, you can say that. :D/>

I think we can release prologue patch next month if thing go on at this pace.

Prologue is around 2500 lines (estimate) :)/>

I can take it easy for sometime :)/>

lol you are doing way too much xD, but thanks to you many people will get happy soon:P (including me :D)

And me, since I get to play it. XD

Well, let's just keep it short and say everyone who would love to play the game is happy about the fact.

(Since I have a feeling that this, "and me" message could just loop over and over)