Help me pick my next read

bogdankl

So i have two types of vn that i wanna read next 

1.Recently I read a lot of vn's that have character that are completely off the wall or are related to the supernatural, majikoi's momoyo, comyu's whole shenanigans and Kagome, there's also

Rewrite that had a strong magical/sf element

and now I feel i want to read something a bit more... grounded in the laws of reality, I want to read something like g senjo no maou, grisaia or katawa stuff that i somewhat bound by reality, preferably with h content

2. On a separate note i am searching for a good vn with some real gameplay, something like sengoku rance except... you know... and actual good vn :salt: i don't mind if this has some supernatural elements, i can understand that this is not something common for vn so i'm not that picky on this one, I just don't want it to have a crazy perverted protagonist and present a good story 

basically what i am saying is i want to relive grisaia on the first one and relive persona on the second one  ^_^

Kamidori is just average (story-wise) and if you're going for Yumina you might as well go for Aselia which has a significantly better story, as long as you don't mind outdated graphics (I also think Yumina sucks, but I can see why someone might like it. Kind of. Nah, not really).

If you can read JP, I'd suggest you take a look at some Eushully games other than Kamidori. Maybe Soukoku no Arterial. 

To be honest, I can't come up with something that'd completely satisfy your request. If you can forsake gameplay, Sharin no Kuni would be my suggestion, if you'd like something close to G-Senjou. 

If we're talking about translated games, you could read Hanachirasu and then play the gameplay-heavy sequel-kind-of-weird-thing that comes with it after you're done with the main VN :makina:  (advice: don't).

TL;DR- read Aselia. 

Kamidori is just average (story-wise) and if you're going for Yumina you might as well go for Aselia which has a significantly better story, as long as you don't mind outdated graphics (I also think Yumina sucks, but I can see why someone might like it. Kind of. Nah, not really).

If you can read JP, I'd suggest you take a look at some Eushully games other than Kamidori. Maybe Soukoku no Arterial. 

To be honest, I can't come up with something that'd completely satisfy your request. If you can forsake gameplay, Sharin no Kuni would be my suggestion, if you'd like something close to G-Senjou. 

If we're talking about translated games, you could read Hanachirasu and then play the gameplay-heavy sequel-kind-of-weird-thing that comes with it after you're done with the main VN :makina:  (advice: don't).

TL;DR- read Aselia. 

those two points i put up there are not related, they are different kinds of vns I'm considering, I want one vn that has gameplay and one vn that is somewhat grounded in reality not necessarily both traits in the same one

also i can't read jap

those two points i put up there are not related, they are different kinds of vns I'm considering, I want one vn that has gameplay and one vn that is somewhat grounded in reality not necessarily both traits in the same one

also i can't read jap

I'll stand by Aselia as the best gameplay VN tld so far, so there's my suggestion for that. You could also consider Utawarerumono- it's pretty tough to find good translated gameplay VNs, if you don't like the Rance series. 

As for things grounded in reality- what about Symphonic Rain? It's not super well-known, but it's one if the best VNs around. Also, we're doing Swan Song this month in the VN club. It's a bit darker than usual, but that's a great one. I suggested Sharin already, and if you don't mind the story happening in a society that's a bit different than ours, it's also a worthy consideration. 

I'll stand by Aselia as the best gameplay VN tld so far, so there's my suggestion for that. You could also consider Utawarerumono- it's pretty tough to find good translated gameplay VNs, if you don't like the Rance series. 

As for things grounded in reality- what about Symphonic Rain? It's not super well-known, but it's one if the best VNs around. Also, we're doing Swan Song this month in the VN club. It's a bit darker than usual, but that's a great one. I suggested Sharin already, and if you don't mind the story happening in a society that's a bit different than ours, it's also a worthy consideration. 

I second Eien no Aselia as a good gameplay VN.

Symphonic Rain is excellent, one of my favorites of all time both for story and for its small but enjoyable gameplay element. That said, it does have minor supernatural elements. Not crazy ones like Comyu, but they're there.

For a VN with a solid story and nothing supernatural, give Deardrops a try. Or if you don't mind something disturbing, Kara no Shoujo fits the bill.

Wait...Grisaia is grounded in reality?  I've only seen the anime, but that seems like a bit of a stretch of anyone's reality.  Momoyo's ki attacks are at least theoretically possible, even though masters of that level are few and far between.

I found Bunny Black highly enjoyable and normal, within the confines of its own world.  The story definitely sucked me in, and NG+ kept me coming back.  May be a little too far removed from reality.

So in that case, how about a classic?  Give Tokimeki Check-In! a go.  It's plausible, light and fun.  Plenty of heroines, an onsen, a maid, what more do you want?   Oh yeah, gameplay.

In that case, Utawarerunomono should deliver on all fronts.  Not too unbelievable, good gameplay and H content.

Like I said, I've only seen the anime, but as a martial artist who can melt a gigantic block of ice with my ki by sitting on it, I find it far more feasible that someone with several times my power with genetics that have proven ideal for martial arts and ki cultivation could straight up murder a star with Hoshi Goroshi than much of what I saw in the Grisaia anime, yes.  It's like the difference between believing Washu could invent a weapon that could destroy the universe and believing that the gaijin in Majikoi could do it by whining to her dad or Maru-san.  The former has been established to realistically have that ability within the confines of her setting, the latter has not.  

Try Phantom by Nitroplus... the english version of it is basically a DVD (as in for DVD-players), and so the system can be a bit frustrating, but the game is grounded very well in reality (at least in the same sense that G-senjou is).  The english version doesn't have h-scenes though.

Wait...Grisaia is grounded in reality?  I've only seen the anime, but that seems like a bit of a stretch of anyone's reality.  Momoyo's ki attacks are at least theoretically possible, even though masters of that level are few and far between.

I found Bunny Black highly enjoyable and normal, within the confines of its own world.  The story definitely sucked me in, and NG+ kept me coming back.  May be a little too far removed from reality.

So in that case, how about a classic?  Give Tokimeki Check-In! a go.  It's plausible, light and fun.  Plenty of heroines, an onsen, a maid, what more do you want?   Oh yeah, gameplay.

In that case, Utawarerunomono should deliver on all fronts.  Not too unbelievable, good gameplay and H content.