Clothing Preferences in 2D Animation

OriginalRen

^Oversized clothing to emphasize the tinyness of them loli bods I see :Kappa:

I dig it.

Over-sized clothing just makes people appear smaller than they actually are. Just like girls in real life who prefer men who are taller and generally older (though not always), I prefer women to be the opposite. However, I am also strange in the fact that I love taller women (I guess that comes from my macrophile tendencies) while at the same time appearing smaller when they wear certain outfits (long collared shirts that cover just their underwear, skirts, and the like).

I guess it's that sense of security. Women want to feel protected (with a nice chest to cuddle up to when sleeping at night), where as a guy, I like being the protector. Even if you might be the gentlest of people, you still look stronger, and that's what clothing says about a lot of people. We talk a lot about physical attraction and personality, but how a person dresses says everything about the type of person you are.

That's why I love 2D animation. They put so much emphasis on creating adorable outfits. Sadly though, most modern 2D animation focuses on the high school setting, essentially ruining the casual outfit creation since everyone is wearing school uniforms. It also doesn't help in visual novels, because after the school uniforms, the h-scenes come, and most of the time those just say a lot about how ridiculous high school girls are with their lingerie choices. Seriously, nobody in high school dresses in underwear like that unless they are trying to get laid.

Over-sized clothing just makes people appear smaller than they actually are. Just like girls in real life who prefer men who are taller and generally older (though not always), I prefer women to be the opposite. However, I am also strange in the fact that I love taller women (I guess that comes from my macrophile tendencies) while at the same time appearing smaller when they wear certain outfits (long collared shirts that cover just their underwear, skirts, and the like).

I guess it's that sense of security. Women want to feel protected (with a nice chest to cuddle up to when sleeping at night), where as a guy, I like being the protector. Even if you might be the gentlest of people, you still look stronger, and that's what clothing says about a lot of people. We talk a lot about physical attraction and personality, but how a person dresses says everything about the type of person you are.

That's why I love 2D animation. They put so much emphasis on creating adorable outfits. Sadly though, most modern 2D animation focuses on the high school setting, essentially ruining the casual outfit creation since everyone is wearing school uniforms. It also doesn't help in visual novels, because after the school uniforms, the h-scenes come, and most of the time those just say a lot about how ridiculous high school girls are with their lingerie choices. Seriously, nobody in high school dresses in underwear like that unless they are trying to get laid.