VN with adult protagonist, not about relationship between male and female with good plot turns

Scorp

Yes, kind of hard request, as most all VN involve H-scenes and located in high schools :) And want sort of detective story (if possible), with nice twists like was for G-Senjou, apart that part with high school. If no such - at least decent story not about love or friendship or school.

So, well, I want sort of Saya no Uta or Kara no Shoujo, but without central point about relationship between male/female and without all these schools (as really I am SO MUCH HATE TO SEE THAT IN EVERY ANIME/VN, that this literally piss me off seeing no matter how good is the script by itself).

Ever17 (and most of other Uchikoshi works, like 999), Swan Song, Saya no Uta, Phantom, Kikokugai, Phoenix Wright VNs (and some of the related ones) and Kara no Shoujo I already read.

And please with decent graphics and english translation.

You're talking about very rare specimens here.

The absolute best example of this would probably be Fullmetal Daemon Muramasa, since it has an adult protagonist, doesn't focus on romance and has amazing art. Not to mention it's considered an absolute masterpiece and one of the best VNs out there by those who've read it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcU9tA-0-Rw

It's just not translated though, so you better start learning those moonrunes.

sadly there are only a few vns with adult protagonist out there translated :(

this are a little old but really cool both of them snatcher and policenauts

sengoku rance this one i dont think it fits what you are looking for

eve burst error <---im reading it but so far looks good.

jouka no monshou <--- didn't read it but looks cool and really short so prob my next vn.

Yes, I tried Cartagra, but comparing to Kara no Shoujo it is really not so good... So I actually dropped it...

Snatcher and Policenauts I read long ago, along with lot of Cs Ware titles like Desire, Adam, EVE I also completed long ago. And I was not very amused...

Muramasa... I know about it, but as no translation this one is closed for me...

have you read eden*? is not really a typical vn by any means.

muv luv alt is really something different too (no adult protagonist here but the story is epic) sadly you need to read a lot of nothing (extra and unlimited like 50 hours of reading)before getting to the good part

maybe Umineko and Rose Guns Days (havent played yet but again not your typical vns)

you are out of luck really, there are just very few vn with the conditions you are looking for even in japanese there are very few compared to the "typical ones"

MuvLuv I tried to read that 50 hours of your insane stupid moe-thing and I dropped it, as it have all the hated elements, like school, high-school protagonist, behaving himself like he is 10-year old, etc. I maybe go through that MuvLuv to MLA some day, but my patience really at the end, and I even unable to finish a single route in Extra :) That's really the most boring and stupid VN I ever tried (yes, I am quite picky and do not choose something with a stupid scenario, so for sure there are much more of that, I just did not read that, but as everyone keep telling MLA is great I have to read ML...).

Eden* did not read, it is not too big, so maybe will read, if it is ok.

Going by word-of-mouth here, but you could play MLA without playing Muv-Luv, though with a diminished experience.

Umineko works well, but there is romance.

Higurashi too. No romance, but it starts similarly to a harem.

RGD fits from the little I've seen. But no detective.

If you haven't read it, then Remember 11 is very awesome sans the ending.

The steampunk series (Sekien no Inganock, Shikkoku no Sharnoth, upcoming Ourai no Gakhthun) fit the bill with the exception of the detective.

Higurashi have adult protagonist? And not school-related? Now that's the news! :) Umineko I read, it is better than Higurashi, but this actually not what I want. It is not really about the good plot, it is more like romance with gore and sudden deaths, so goes by that factor. Not like Kara no Shoujo, which have a decent plot itself, without shock value.

RGD I suppose would be your another Umineko-clone, but I have it in my list to read someday.

I do not really want to play MLA. I am not amused with the chars, especially with super-dumb protagonist I saw in MuvLuv. And, well, they are high-schoolers too, no?

Remember11 I read, as I told I read almost all from Uchikoshi-related.

Steampunk did not read, maybe will give it a shot, but from visual part they all look premature :(

Oh sorry, Higurashi's protagonists are kids, and it is school related. The former is -a bit- of the usual, while the latter is more serious regarding schools, but not too important.

Umineko's like more of a complex mystery fantasy romance, which I would say has a good plot without relying on shock value.

RGD is a tale about nationalism. Completely unlike Umineko.

I thought the art style of the steampunk series was good enough to keep it from looking bad (I'd say it looks fantastic), but that's your taste, I guess.

Premature I mean age of characters, not the art style. While I wanted adults in visual and behavior.

If in Umineko was no gore, it was your usual mediocre romance story. So actually it greatly rely on that. Thus why I wanted more a detective, rather than a gore.

What comes to my mind are vn's like Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Last Window and Jake Hunter series. I'm sure the first two got english releases, but only a couple of Jake Hunter games got officially TL'ed. The point is, they're all for Nintendo DS only. In worst case you might try using an emulator.