Starfighter: Eclipse

Narcosis

[DISCLAIMER: I know it's a bit unusual, and I never expected myself to post about a western yaoi game all of a sudden, but I just had. For the greater laughs!]

header.jpg

https://datenighto.com/game/starfighter-eclipse#

So, here it is. I guess this will mostly please the majority of fujoshi audience (and perhaps some of you guys... yes, I'm talking to YOU!). The long awaited... Starfighter vn is here. Can't say much, since I'm more into monstergirls (dicks excluded), unimaginable horrors and catgirls but I bet it looks solid enough for a western production and the sole fact it's yaoi (and we don't get much of these games around here) deserves some attention. The only thing I can complain about from a completely neutral perspective is it's ludicrous price tag (currently at 20$, might change and propably will but for now it's twenty bucks), which prompted me to start this thread. Personally, I find it a bit amusing for a game like this to demand that much, while other indie vn's usually sell for a lot less (5-10$ are common price tags). I mean, even freaking Nekopara (which can be considered a pinnacle of an indie vn) is currently priced at 10€; Toko just got released and it's another one of those nice low-key vn's, with a price tag of 5 bucks. Now, don't get me wrong - it's all nice and stuff, but isn't this a little bit too much? I don't think being a western yaoi game is enough of a reason for that. Homobait Hypebait much?

Before you fangirls begin to maniacally tear apart your purses, screaming in ecstasy - I need to disappoint you, since the game is slated to release on May 19.

For any news regarding the game, or the vn tools it's running on, you can reach the team through their official twitter feed: @datenighto

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm straight, but this is hell of a fun.

DISCUSS

A lot of people waiting for this game. I'd give it a whirl but I don't play VNs online, and it says it's only released on a web platform :(

EDIT: Wait, does that mean you can play offline on a web browser, or you need to play online? EDIT2: Offline. Never mind, apparently I can't read properly so early in the morning.

The price tag isn't a big deal. Hamlet has produced an amazing webcomic over the last few years. She has a solid fan base that buys these hardcopiea for just a little less than the game which has a lot more content than the comics.

Personally I spent $150 on the kickstarter for this getting 3 foil comics, a shirt, the beta (aka I've had the game for a few days now) and 3 posters. Starfighter has been one of my favorite comics since release ^_^