RPG Horror Discussion

Eclipsed

Or survival/puzzle horror adventure. Whatever the genre is. Anybody a fan of these? 

Just finished getting all endings for Blank Dream, and while the gameplay itself wasn't anything special compared to the el-classico The Witch's House, I really enjoyed the coverage of dark themes like suicide and whatnot.

Listing some of them out because why not:

The Witch's House (2012)

"The young Viola visits a mysterious house in the woods.

She soon discovers its dangerous nature and must find a way out.
But the house is ever-changing, and death could be lurking anywhere..."

TWHScreen1.png

Ib (2012)

A young girl named Ib visits an art gallery with her parents.

While observing the many exhibits, she suddenly realizes she is alone.
And in her search for others, she finds things awry in the gallery...

IbScreen1.png

Mad Father (2012)

"Aya Drevis is a young girl who lives in northern Germany.
Since her mother's passing, she's felt lonely living with just her father and his assistant Maria.
What's more, she knows her father's secret..."

mad_1__full.png

Misao (2011)

"It's been three months since the mysterious disappearance of Misao.
No one has any idea where she could have gone, but many believe she's dead by now.
And when paranormal events crop up around the school, rumors spread that she's out for revenge... "

1fo1gNc.jpg

Ao Oni (2009)

"Hiroshi and his three other friends, Takuro,Takeshi and Mika, decided to visit an abandoned mansion that is rumoured to be haunted, and there is a monster in there."

6990561281_cbdac9c32a_z.jpg

Yume Nikki (2004)

"Madotsuki is just living her life as usual in her apartment. There is not much to do, but to sleep...

An entire dream world awaits you!"

30_591.1.png

The Crooked Man (2012)

"David Hoover decides to move into a new apartment during a rough time in his life.

After some odd occurrences, he decides to ask about the room's former owner, but learns little.
So he sets off in search of him, strangely compelled to know more about this man..."

TheCrookedManSmall.jpg

Blank Dream (2015)

"Wishing that she had never even existed, Mishiro Usui threw herself into the lake.
When she came to, she was in the Mirror World, a place neither heaven nor hell.
There, her reflection instructed her: "Find the mirrors in this world, and break them."

BlankDreamScreen3.png

Try some of them out if you haven't ^_^!

I've either watched a playthrough or played these myself except for Blank dream. I've been playing one called "Nightmare of the Snow" which is really good like these. It has some nice atmosphere and not too hard but not easy puzzles. It has some similar themes as Corpse Party, but it differentiates itself from it with other things.

I saw a guy playing Rirurefu on Nico before, and it was really good. It's basically a Little Red Riding Hood mystery/horror. There's a few characters and they end up getting murdered in a house in the forest, and you have to investigate to find out the culprit. There's an ending for each character, where they're the killers I think, maybe I'm remembering that incorrectly though.