Hoshizora no Memoria Start-up

Hello everyone, I took a huge break from this game and recently transferred all my VNs from my old computer to my new one.  This game works on my old computer (though it is impractical to play on that computer for a variety of reasons) but always gives this error on my new one.

MemoriaEn.exe The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.

The files i used are the original ones I downloaded from Fuwa a year or so ago.

My computer is in Japanese Local.

My directX is up to date and is for the correct operating system (I run on Windows 7 64 bit).

I have updated my microsoft .NET files as well as my microsoft C++ files.

I run the program as an admin.

I have basically done every fix for this error message that I have found online and I am so perplexed about this issue and I just really want to play Hoshimemo. ;~;

Your files may have gotten corrupted during the transfer. That's all I can think of.

Try downloading from here

It will take a while since it's part by part download, tho.

Uninstall your version and install this one, hopefully it'll work.

I have attempted to redownload, and shall attempt again through this source and will post the results after my finals today.

Change everything to Jap. Format, Location and Locale

This has been done from the very start.

Do you have any other .exe files for the game. I tried running MemoriaEN.exe and I couldn't run it but when I ran the Hoshizora no Memoria.exe it worked fine. The icon had a blue background with an S on it if that helps any.

I do indeed have one that says "Launch.exe" as well as Memoria.exe.  Memoria.exe gives the same error whereas Launche.exe brings up some kind of instal looking window (all text is japanese, will post screenshots below).  The first option that I can actually click on gives some error that appears to be a missing file setup.exe.  This could very well be my entire issue if im missing this file. 

tumblr_nnvlfyLb6O1rqbzeio2_540.png

tumblr_nnvlfyLb6O1rqbzeio1_540.png

Here, I'll post a picture of my Hoshizora no Memoria folder so you can compare. I would recommend seeing if you have any of these files just floating around on your computer (also make sure you have staircase subs custom.ttf installed or the text will look weird).

Untitled_zpsb39uygmg.jpg 

Here, I'll post a picture of my Hoshizora no Memoria folder so you can compare. I would recommend seeing if you have any of these files just floating around on your computer (also make sure you have staircase subs custom.ttf installed or the text will look weird).

Untitled_zpsb39uygmg.jpg 

Hmm. It seems i am missing the Hoshizora no Memoria.exe   I have every other file except that one. I'm currently downloading from that other source, however it is taking awhile.

Hmm. It seems i am missing the Hoshizora no Memoria.exe   I have every other file except that one. I'm currently downloading from that other source, however it is taking awhile.

That may be your problem then, I think that's the .exe that was made for TL (it's been a pretty long time since I installed the game though so I don't exactly remember how it patched). Please let us know if it works.

wow

this happened to me aswell

(when i entered this thread i was like "wth when did i open this")

after like..... 3 hours of trying to figure out what's the problem, i understood

the thing that u need to do is to move the Hoshizora no Memoria folder to your hard disk 

I mean, if, for example, your folder was in : D:\new-pc\Anime\[Fuwanovel] Hoshizora No Memoria

move it to D:\[Fuwanovel] Hoshizora No Memoria

wow

this happened to me aswell

(when i entered this thread i was like "wth when did i open this")

after like..... 3 hours of trying to figure out what's the problem, i understood

the thing that u need to do is to move the Hoshizora no Memoria folder to your hard disk 

I mean, if, for example, your folder was in : D:\new-pc\Anime\[Fuwanovel] Hoshizora No Memoria

move it to D:\[Fuwanovel] Hoshizora No Memoria

I tried this both with the old download and the newer download I just finished.  Both to no avail.

That may be your problem then, I think that's the .exe that was made for TL (it's been a pretty long time since I installed the game though so I don't exactly remember how it patched). Please let us know if it works.

Sadly this has not solved my problem.  The launcher actually works, but when it goes to bring up the game I get the same error.  All this troubleshooting is leading me to believe that either A. my new computer is missing some component or driver to run the game. or B. my new computer has some component or driver that is prohbiting me from running the game. 

My new computer is able to solidly runmost games on steam, as well as other VNs like F/SN, Tsukihime, Katawa Shoujo, Killer Queen, ect.

I tried this both with the old download and the newer download I just finished.  Both to no avail.

Sadly this has not solved my problem.  The launcher actually works, but when it goes to bring up the game I get the same error.  All this troubleshooting is leading me to believe that either A. my new computer is missing some component or driver to run the game. or B. my new computer has some component or driver that is prohbiting me from running the game. 

My new computer is able to solidly runmost games on steam, as well as other VNs like F/SN, Tsukihime, Katawa Shoujo, Killer Queen, ect.

did u install "Staircase subs custom"?