Anime/visual novel creepypasta

InvertMouse

This started from another thread I have created here. I for one, would be interested in reading some otaku themed creepypasta :lol:. If you're in the mood to write one, feel free to post it here! To start things off, I'll share a Hyouka one I came up with a while back.

chitanda_eyes.jpg

This happened a while ago, but I was too distraught to talk about it until now.

Hyouka was a series that aired during a recent anime season. If you’re a Twitter friend of mine, you’ll know I really like Chitanda. Many people do. Her insatiable curiosity is just so lovable.

That all changed after a particular Hyouka episode I watched.

If you type in “Chitanda empty eyes” on Google Images, it’s the first result you’ll see. That’s all I’ll say. I no longer remember which episode this took place in, and I never want to know. Please, just, keep the episode number to yourselves.

It happened on a Friday night. I was hoping to relax after a week’s work by downloading the latest Hyouka episode. Truth be told, the episode was average, but Chitanda was charming as always, so that’s okay.

About three quarters of the way through, Oreki said something to Chitanda. What he said, I can no longer recall. I wished I could just forget this entire episode. Too bad that was impossible. Not after what I saw.

After Oreki spoke, the scene cut to a close up of Chitanda looking delighted. For some reason, her eyes were void of highlights. I assumed the artists forgot to paint them in. That was when my screen froze. As I was forced to stare into Chitanda’s empty eyes, a deep groan came through my headset. It sounded like “気” dragged out for eternally. Something like, “kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii”.

The image of Chitanda grew more pixelated with each passing second. Eventually, glitches covered the entire screen. Then, the voice vanished, replaced by a silence that haunted me even more.

The screen turned black, and a line of Japanese text appeared. My Japanese is far from great. Still, I knew enough to know what it said.

“Curiosity will be your undoing.”

Below that was a date. I never got a chance to read it, because VLC Player closed on its own. For a full minute, I sat there and gazed at my downloads folder. There was no way that just happened. Despite knowing it was a bad idea, I decided to check out the episode again. But the file was no longer there. Well, I do have lots of files in that folder. I must have just missed it. No. Three more checks, and the file was still nowhere to be found.

That weekend, I came down with a fever. One that took me a full week to recover from. Afterward, I asked several close friends if they’ve had the same experience while watching the episode. They always see their shows through the same source as mine, after all. But they all said no to my question.

I never rewatched that episode again. Hell, I considered dropping the entire series. In the end, I did finish the show, and no more activity occurred.

Still, I must say I like Chitanda a little less than I used to.

Wow, you're really good at this you know! After reading your story and looking back at the picture of the moe~ Chitanda, my back froze for a second :P. That rarely happens, coz I watch ghost movies all the time >.<

I should also think of something when I have the time...

By the way, +1 from me Mouse!

Thanks guys!

Nakagawa, yeah, those innocent benders are the worst (as in best). Pokemon, Disney, etc--man (>-<)!

Thanks Rackshen! Well, if you enjoyed that story, it's hugely because you have a great imagination as well ;). But I get that. Ghost movies are less scary because you outright know it's fiction. As for creepypasta, even though they're very much fake as well, it's the illusion that it could be real that gets me.

Hope to read one from you Rackshen :)~ And everybody else!

I don't know if it's really relevant but.. There is one such story at the beggining of Fate Hollow Ataraxia, rather creepy. Of course it's not as creepy as it would be if it was something like a secret route, but it's something. I haven't found a video on Youtube with the gameplay of said story, so I tried recording it on Fraps and uploading myself.. Turns out Fraps doesn't recognize FHA, so no luck =/

I don't know if it's really relevant but.. There is one such story at the beggining of Fate Hollow Ataraxia, rather creepy. Of course it's not as creepy as it would be if it was something like a secret route, but it's something. I haven't found a video on Youtube with the gameplay of said story, so I tried recording it on Fraps and uploading myself.. Turns out Fraps doesn't recognize FHA, so no luck =/

Yeah? Let's hear more :)~

I remember reading that and thinking it was indeed quite crappy. It's the very first scene, so I remember thinking "what the hell, did I open the wrong game?"

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so this happened to me last night:

I was playing the game Paranoiac with my best friend last night on skype. We managed to clear most of the game but at some point at the ending our mics starting acting up. We ended up closing the call and trying again but when we tried to talk all we could hear from each other were broken sentences and static-y bleep bloop sounds. After many attempts of re-calling, we decided to just screen share and keep the mics muted on both sides. However, even though both mics were muted we could both hear the sounds of broken voices and static from the call.

IDK it freaked us both out. We didn't manage to even clear the good ending because the game system managed to shut down //sobs

It was a fun game though.

Ok so this happened to me last night:

I was playing the game Paranoiac with my best friend last night on skype. We managed to clear most of the game but at some point at the ending our mics starting acting up. We ended up closing the call and trying again but when we tried to talk all we could hear from each other were broken sentences and static-y bleep bloop sounds. After many attempts of re-calling, we decided to just screen share and keep the mics muted on both sides. However, even though both mics were muted we could both hear the sounds of broken voices and static from the call.

IDK it freaked us both out. We didn't manage to even clear the good ending because the game system managed to shut down //sobs

It was a fun game though.

Not bad (((((((((^-^)))))))))))!