help with Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi

TG Bingo

so i manged to get all three .ykc files extracted .ykc 2-3 are both sound/picture files but now i am having a problem with .ykc 1 where i suspect the text files for the game are which is a folder called YKS and i have a bunch of .txt files. if i try to open one i get something like this  YKS001 0       0   9       d  –                                                                          

0                                               *   .           4   &             9           =   !             I             M           Q   +             ]             a             e             i             m           q   2                       ƒ   5             Ž             ’       DrawStop GraphicLoad   SYSTEM\white.PNG DrawStart Wait d   GraphicHide   ô  GraphicShow   –     –     GraphicDelete   Transition   è. did i do something wrong when i extracted it or do i need a new program in order to actally get what i need from it to translate

so i manged to get all three .ykc files extracted .ykc 2-3 are both sound/picture files but now i am having a problem with .ykc 1 where i suspect the text files for the game are which is a folder called YKS and i have a bunch of .txt files. if i try to open one i get something like this  YKS001 0       0   9       d  –                                                                          

0                                               *   .           4   &             9           =   !             I             M           Q   +             ]             a             e             i             m           q   2                       ƒ   5             Ž             ’       DrawStop GraphicLoad   SYSTEM\white.PNG DrawStart Wait d   GraphicHide   ô  GraphicShow   –     –     GraphicDelete   Transition   è. did i do something wrong when i extracted it or do i need a new program in order to actally get what i need from it to translate

Iirc there are already two translation projects for that VN, so it's kind of pointless to start another, especially this late into the game

Where are these projects then? Nothing is listed in vndb https://vndb.org/v2968 or VN TL listings.  I for one would like to see this game get a proper translation.

I know one person who's secretly working on it, and is planning on releasing a patch sometime this year.

I've also translated 90% of the game since 2 years ago... Shit quality though

fCK1v.png

I know one person who's secretly working on it, and is planning on releasing a patch sometime this year.

I've also translated 90% of the game since 2 years ago... Shit quality though

fCK1v.png

Sweet! I would like to play this one. I know it is not the greatest story wise from what I read, but it is so moe! I hope this person translates the whole thing. I would greatly appreciate it.

• 1 year later...

I would like to help out with the project as well, can't read/write japanese but I can recognise sentence structure and I know how to program as well, send me an email so that I can see what I can contribute? I do have the VN in my laptop