Translating Sharin no Kuni: Himawari no Shōjo to Finnish

I'm really just learning things, but I'd like to try to translate a bit of Sharin no Kuni to Finnish (my native tongue). The only problems I think that will arrive are probably with the "Ä" and "Ö" letters. I'd like to translate straight from the English patch, so that next to none Japanese would be involved.

I tried to decompress the patch.xp3 with isani's tools, then translate the 01.ks -file and then repack with isani's tools again. The game opens up fine, but when pressing start, a popup error comes up with the headline "Information" and abstract letters. I've played Sharin no Kuni just fine a day ago, so the game itself should have no problems. Did I do something wrong? If required, I'll post the ks-file I edited.

Please help me, I'd like to get my girlfriend read this piece ASAP, as her English skills are quite nonexistent. :)/>

EDIT: I found out about VNreader, should I try using that rather than going with the whole Kirikiri unwrap-wrap things?

i think so, i think VNR has its strengths and weaknesses. the main weakness is that u need to install the thing. the 2nd weakness is that u have to have internet at the beginning to download the subtitles (but not after uve done it once(?))

but I like VNR because you can translate so much faster than doing it on notepad++, that's one of the main draws for me.

i think so, i think VNR has its strengths and weaknesses. the main weakness is that u need to install the thing. the 2nd weakness is that u have to have internet at the beginning to download the subtitles (but not after uve done it once(?))

but I like VNR because you can translate so much faster than doing it on notepad++, that's one of the main draws for me.

The scripts are in Shift-JIS which doesn't support umlauts afaik.

Nope, its Kirikiri , it supports unicode but not utf-8 but UTF-16 Little Indian

if its the engine Kirikiri its possible in any unicoded languages. as long its UTF-16 Little Indian

@BFlorry: You should ask me about it since I know more on kirikiri.

I can give out the help you can get but I'm leaving to singapore so I'm not in irc #vnsociety in this month so I prefer

you can contact me on email or IM.

EMAIL: [email protected]

IM: Found in my profile in this forum

make sure you get a Finnish Editor to work on it also an Finnish QCer okay ^^

Ooh cool, no wonder it exploded for me since I tried with utf-8 xD

And good luck with this project BFlorry!

Thanks. :) dfallengod is helping me with the case at the moment, so I hope that something good will come out. ^^ (Btw, if you want to, I'd like to have some help in translating the game from English to Finnish.)