Yay! Then we will start game tomorrow, hum... 20:00 GMT+0, like always. I hope I will have time for bottling my Koelsh beer :vinty:

And you can still join, by the way! Another thing, any specific flavor of mafia, or I should invent something myself again?

Town of Salem is basically Mafia. There's lot's of versions of Mafias; and well, online Mafia seems closer to original, played in real life - because it is fast paced, huh. But, but.

Forum Mafia can be really devastating argument battle. It's slow paced, so everyone have lots of time to form their arguments, and to argue in general. And your emotions will not betray you - you don't need to keep poker face like in classic Mafia. In general, more time means more discussion and less jumpy decisions - and I do like such Mafia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn_LiuOCnw0

It was calm village, placed on isolated island. Far to the North; forgotten by civilization. People there were living almost like their ancestors years ago - fishing, hunting for seals or walruses. They were capable hunters, and sea navigators. Land here was basically frozen ground or/and rock, usually covered with layer of snow. Only short-lived summer season allowed for some simple tundra plants to grow. While living here wasn't easy... A soul could be healed here. Time here got frozen, like everything else. Worldly affairs seemed funny, trivial here.

In this rural place, dotted by charming wooden houses, something happened. Something... evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiVUXCp8_jo

There was loud explosion, which could be heard even by fishermen out on sea. After initial shock, villagers went to look for source of that noise.

They found large crater. And in middle of it - two capsules. Metallic, very hard and technologically advanced. Already opened. Everything about them seemed... Alien. Not from this planet. People were astonished with this discovery. Then, one of them speaked with strong voice.

- Those capsules... housed doppelgangers. Alien monsters, which feeds on humans. We should assume that someone was already captured and devoured. Ergo, doppelgangers already have appearance of their victims, their memories, their skills... But they are monsters. They might be here amongst us. Ohh, that's pretty possible!-

- The thing is, doppelgangers cannot change their image on a whim. Some time has to pass. About three weeks, depends on individual. So... -

He looked at villagers. Dumbfounded, scared, afraid.

- Our only option is to... lynch them. That's standard procedure in case of doppelganger infestation. Oh, yes, I forgot to introduce myself. I am... special agent. Let's say that I am from CIA. I will help you with introducing this system. And later... I will have to change my own appearance, I am top target for those aliens now. In advance, I want to apologise for abducting one of you. I will be able to help you this way, investigating from shadows. Well then, let's go - there's no time to waste. -

Townhall building was modest; not too flashy. People there did not need extravagant constructions. Here, villagers could meet for important discussions. It was cozy, welcoming place.

Usually.

Now, you were gathered here for something entirely different. You will decide... about lynch. That was dreadful and sad. But there was no other way... The time has come.

Welcome! In this mafia, we will have two Doppelgangers (your standard Mafioso), CIA agent (your standard Policeman), and villagers. CIA agent can check once per night one person - he will know if person is usual villager, or... unusual. Roles will come ASAP. In this game, we will use again Hammervoting system. If I forgot something; or you want to ask me something - send me PM!

Goodluck!

Yea, game has already started! I had some connection problems, but all roles are sent.

Hammervoting system means that you need 50%+1 votes to lynch someone. Day Phase also ends with all votes being cast - if someone still has most votes in such situation, it is still lynch. But most often, all votes being cast means draw.

Day Phase also ends if I consider discussion dead.

On first day, a Random Vote Stage should occur.

You should in general vote someone randomly, and ask them questions. What do you think about someone? What you would do as CIA Agent? Who would be most dangerous as dopp? Why your socks stink? Can I have your avatar?

You should stick with game questions, but some out of the box questions are tolerable. Main reason for vote is to make target talk - if someone answer your questions, you should change your vote, and start questioning someone else. If you keep vote on someone, you should have reason for this. And you should ask that voted person more questions.

When people start to talk after RVS, game will proceed quite smoothly by itself. Some more-or-less important topics will arise, and lynch will be waiting around the corner.

Lynch is very important for town. As you can see, town does not have any killing roles this time. It means town can only kill mafias by lynches. So town should almost always try to lynch, there's always some chance a scum will turn up. And even if townie will show up... that means one suspect less! You should check who voted whom; who started lynch, who ended lynch. If townie has been lynched, then mafia might have been throwing in their votes, after all. You should check what dead townie was saying, how other players were interacting with him. Dead townie is actually a mine of information. So lynch is almost always good.

I am suspicious of those that are pointing random fingers. I fear the doppelgängers are looking to slay the poor townsfolk. I shall be keeping my eyes peeled.

I hope Cofee has a good defence.

"I hope Cofee has a good defence"

That's real cute. And innocent.

Anyways, I thought you'd be a fan of tea! Don't you know stereotypes?