vfcm9.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLxXeeOSB8w

Hello, and welcome to Mafia! Game has psychological nature, yet it retains simple rules. What's more fun, you can freely add another rules, to spice game up. As not everyone probably played this game, I plan on setting normal vanillia - classic - game. For now, at least.

Rules: players - minimum group of seven - are divided into town group and mafia. Townies do not have any information - they only know that they are townies. Mafia knows they are scum, and know who is their scumbuddies - so in general, they also know who is in the town.

Because Mafia knows much more, they have less numbers. With seven players, there are 5 townies and 2 Mafia players. 9 players - 6 townies, 3 Mafia players, 11 players - 7 townies, 4 Mafia players, and so on.

Game is divided into two parts: Day Phase and Night Phase.

During Day Phase, everyone can freely write in topic, trying to guess who is in Mafia - and Mafia members try to avoid suspicion, or throw it on someone else. Every player has one vote. There are different types of voting out there - to make this game easier, there will be hammervoting: one player to gather 50%+1 votes gets lynched. Day Phase ends with lynch, with all votes being cast, or with general inactivity - I will poke you to take action, before I will end Phase because of inactivity, though.

After Day Phase, Night Phase begins. During Night Phase, Mafia can freely kill one of the players. They can decide by democratic means; on they can choose leader, which will make decisions. After that, another Day Phase begins, and so on.

Upon death, a role of dead player will be shown. Usually with appropiate copy of sent PM with information about role. It's called roleflip. So, every additional roleflip is precious information for town; especially if player was in mafia.

Townies have to lynch all of Mafia players to win.

Mafia has to make their number of players equal to number of Townies to win.

Basic guide from MafiaWiki: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

And nice guide in flash form: http://cataldo.freeshell.org/mafia/mafiascum04.swf

Any particular flavor of game you would want to have? Umineko, Killer Queen? I am open for propositions.

On another note; while I am pretty fluent in writing in my native language, I could make some mistakes there and there. Excuse me.

Additional rules:

1. Private Messages are allowed. I need to know what are you writing, though. If I am not mistaken, you can just invite me to conversation; please do so. On different style of forums, you would have to send me copies; but this style of forum makes things easier for us.

2. You CANNOT quote my Private Messages sent to you. You have to pharaphrase those instead. Imagine my messages as Red Thruth. Another players cannot deny Red Thruth, so it kills discussion. And kills fun. It's bad. As long as you write about my messages using your own words, everything is okay.

3. Use red colour to vote on someone. For example, Painiac. Writing in bold helps me notice yours votes, too. Use blue colour if you want to vote on someone, but you already voting on someone else. That's useful for threating someone - it's so called Finger of Suspicion, FoS. Write in bold to ask question to someone, for example, Painiac. I will try to answer ASAP.

4. In general, Day Phase is 72 hours long - but if discussion is alive and so on, I won't end it. I will move in only in case of inactivity, someone being lynched, or all votes being cast. Night Phase is 24 hours long, or shorter - depends on how fast I will get answer.

5. Dead players can post one ,,bah, I am dead!" post after being killed in game. Try to keep it short, and don't spam, please.

6. DO NOT edit posts. Check your post twice before sending. And do not even try editing 2-3 days old posts, that's heavy offence.

7. Try to post at least once per day. Inactive players will be swapped, or killed off.

Well, that's should be everything... If you have more questions, you can ask here or by PM. Don't be shy; try.

List of the players:

1. Tiagofvarela

2. Yatsufusa

3. Vemocleus

4. Cofee

5. Tyrael

Yea, I was thinking really hard about those obvious things just now; seems like I missed the simpliest one. Thanks; and don't be shy about asking, if I forget about something like this.

Well, just write here if you are interested. I will ask mods later to clean topic from those ,,I wanna join!" posts later.

Yea, I was thinking really hard about those obvious things just now; seems like I missed the simpliest one. Thanks; and don't be shy about asking, if I forget about something like this.

Well, just write here if you are interested. I will ask mods later to clean topic from those ,,I wanna join!" posts later.

Poor mods, having to slave away at the will of the average, random user.

Nevermind that, I want in!

Yup, I definitely like Mafia. The thing about forum-style mafia is, you do not see reactions of other players - like in real life example. So you need good argument to lynch someone. You need to read other players, bash those suspicious with arguments. It's battle of wits. Vanillia game do not have roles - it makes game simplier. Less fun? Depends. Sometimes, players rely on roles too much; in vanillia they have to rely on their wits alone. One vanillia from time to time is fun.

Another thing is, game runs longer than your usual real-life mafia. Day Phase alone can be 72 hours long. So, even if you don't have much time on hands, you can enjoy the game. And everyone have lots of time to read deeply into posts.

Well, I don't want to force my game, if you don't want to play it. I thought I wouldn't have trouble with gathering some players for quasi-rpg game with shenanigans on VN forum... Welp.

But, well, we could play mafia with roles, if that would be more interesting for you. There's an example of game I was modding some while ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUMG3H_yOHg

Whole Urishomiya family was gathered, when - now famous - letter has been delivered. Who could have done it? Suspicion was amongst the members of family - someone did that for joke? Was it a threat? Or prank of Kinzo? Maria's doing?

Of course, everyone would dismiss letter as a poor joke... until the verse of six sacrifices becomes a grim reality. That was no more innocent prank. It was a fight of survival.

This time, another rule has been imposed. Because none could be truly trustful - everyone could be a murderer - only dead people would be safe from suspicion. Island has been divided from the world by storm; telephone cables cut. No one would help family from outside. They needed to help themselfes. Get murderer before he would get them.

So. Every day, the most suspicious person would be lynched. Of course, innocent people could end up dead because of it. But. If everyone would stick seriously to investigation; they could corner killer in no time. That was harsh route to take, but efficient.

The humans wouldn't yield easily.

That was interesting outcome for Beatrice. A battle of wits! She definitely wanted to win this. Beatrice took her most trusted companions, and placed herself on gameboard.

She wasn't the only one to take part in, though. Bernkastel thought about this lynching rule as excellent way to grab gameboard from Beatrice; while lynching and murdering ruthlessly her opponents.

Even Lambadelta was swayed. That was perfect way to kill boredom. Such different game! Everyone was eager.

But who would win? Would stubborn Urishomiya family survive? Or elegant Beatrice would win yet again on her gameboard?

Maybe that was time for ruthless Bernkastel to rule? Or it was the occasion for Cult of Lambdadelta to shine?

Only time would know answer...

Welcome to Umineko Mafia! To make some things clear:

Urishomiya Family - 10 players

Beatrice Mafia - 4 players

Bernkastel Yakuza - 4 players

Lambdadelta Cult - 2 players

So, 20 players in total.

Fraction rules:

Urishomiya Family: they need to eliminate Beatrice, Bernkastel and Lambadelta groups. They do not know each other. They need to use lynches, numbers, and wits to win this.

Beatrice's Mafia: they need to eliminate Bernkastel Yakuza and Lambdadelta's Cult. They also need to have their numbers equal to number of Urishomiya family. They know each other. Also, they have one kill to use each Night Phase.

Bernkastel's Yakuza: very similar rules to Beatrice group. They need to eliminate Beatrice Mafia and Lambdadelta's Cult. They also need to have their numbers equal to number of Urishomiya family. They know each other. Also, they have one kill to use each Night Phase.

Lambadelta's Cult: they need to eliminate Beatrice and Bernkastel groups from the game. With Ushiromiya family, they can either recruit them to the Cult, or also eliminate them. For this, Lambadelta can recruit one member of Ushiromiya family per night. More in Roles section.

Roles:

Ushiromiya Family:

Battler: Because his protection from magic is endless nine, he can easily protect anyone from being murdered in Night Phase. He cannot protect himself.

Jessica: Because she is quick to anger, it's not a problem for her to... rough up someone. In silence of Night Phase, such person will quickly cough up something to escape the wrath. Yes... If she would be more delicate, she could get more informations... Instead, she only knows if person belongs to family or is outsider.

George: He is eldest amongst the cousins, so he tries to protect everyone from the danger. Because he is trained in martial arts - he does that job pretty well, and can protect once every Night Phase. He can't protect himself.

Maria: Everyone loves this cute girl. If even something would happen to her, if that would be lynch or Night Phase murder... that would be terrible. Her funeral would be held next Day Phase. In general - if she dies, two Night Phases occur.

Shannon: She really wants to help everyone. Because she knows mansion pretty well, she can trail someone in Night Phase. She would know which room such person has entered. That might be useful for pinpointing murderer...

Kinzo: Smart bastard; he perfectly knows how dangerous things are now - he prepared for this, after all! His room is well protected from magic, and usual ,,human" methods. Kinzo cannot be killed in Night Phase.

Kannon: He knows mansion pretty well, and moves like cat - silently, nobody can see him... thanks to that, he can ambush someone, and kill with knife - without making much ruckus. He could eliminate killer this way...

Kyrie: Her cold, analitical mind is a great asset in this situation. She can predict what someone might do in Night Phase, and swiftly incapacitate such person for a night. Because of this - action of such player will be stopped.

Ange: Trained in discussions with witches; her arguments are irrefutable. Her vote has doubled weight – counts as two votes. Everyone has to listen what she has to say.

Genji: Being main servant of Urishomiya household, Genji is exceptional man of many talents. He can swiftly spy on someone, or make search in room of suspect. Thanks to that, he can obtain information, if person truly belongs to family, or is outsider with ill intentions.

Mafia:

Beatrice: She is second ruler of island; queen of the night and secrecies. She can hide corpse of killed player, so living won't know about identity of victim. Because it's not easy task, she can do it only once per two Night Phases. She can't kill and hide corpse; someone else in group has to do ,,wet work". Beatrice does get information of dead player identity.

Ronove: Cynical, yet loyal servant of Beatrice. His talents allow for obtaining information about someone's role; once per Night Phase.

Gaap: Friend of Beatrice; fickle and whimsical, but best friend nevertheless. She can throw someone in gap, which will block such person from doing action in Night Phase. Once per Night Phase. Mind the Gaap, please.

Virgilia: Seems like elegant, helpful person... But she is still witch, and still in cahoots with Beatrice. Naive humans will think that she belongs to family.

Yakuza:

Bernkastel: A Witch of Miracles, cunning and intelligent; bent on usurping throne of secret ruler of Rokkenjima. She can easily read people, and their thoughts. Because of that, once per Night Phase, she can discover role of her target.

Erika: Stubborn and insolent, sometimes bratty, sometimes - terrific... but always succesful pawn of her Lady Bernkastel, the Witch of Thruth. She will never yield, and won't give up on her target. No one can be saved from her attack at Night Phase, even is someone has protection...

Dlanor A. Knox: Dutiful servant of Bernkastel, even if she doesn't really agree on her ways. Because of her noble, gentle ways - she will be counted as family member, not an outsider, by investigators.

Gertrude: Trusted companion of Dlanor, Gertrude is veteran of many battles. She is adept at using magical barriers - she can use those for protecting anyone - her companions, for example. Once per Night Phase. She cannot protect herself.

Cult:

Lambdadelta: She has many followers, and she wants even more of them! Once per Night Phase, she can recruit someone to Cult. Such person needs to be from Ushiromiya Family. If person Lambdadelta chooses is from Beatrice's Mafia or Bernkastel's Yakuza, it ends with death of Lambdadelta. Cult do not lose with death of Lambdadelta - at least directly - it just cannot grow anymore.

Featherinne Augustus Aurora: A Witch feared and respected by many; one of the strongest in existence. Once per Night Phase, she can use one of these skills:

- checking a role of someone;

- protecting someone (she can't protect herself)

- killing someone;

- blocking someone from acting in Night Phase;

- recruiting someone to Cult (rules like in Lambadelta's case - recruiting someone from Mafia/Yakuza is fatal for Aurora)

Every skill can be used only once per game. Make use of those wisely.

Wanna play something like that?

Well... I guess this game won't get much more players at this rate. If game would start, and others could see how this game looks in practice, next game would get much more interest - that's how it usually is. Without one additional player - we cannot start, though. 5 is absolute minimum.

• 1 month later...

Yay for some necroing! It's almost two months already from making this topic. We have some new users, I have more time on my hands; and some people might be now more willing to try out this game. So, bumpitty bump. Feel free to sign up!

Humm... Any flavor you would like? I think I will go with some light, comical tune. No need to be serious over small game after all.

___________________________________________________________________________________

That was pleasant tea party. Strawberry shortcake was served; and everyone was enjoying this meeting. Sweet aroma was lingering in the air; it was special blend of green tea, with addition of fruits. Sitting on soft pillows, being together with friends. Listening to conversations; gossiping a little; it was fun time indeed. Seriously, it would be hard to find a girl, which wouldn't like eating sweeties, huh? This girl-only party was really fun, and it was only just beginning.

In background, televisor was playing; some j-pop music. Very colourful, energetic band. Then...

... Something was happening with screen. Gray flickering mass was swirling; together with buzzing sound. Did something happen to antenna? There was no wind, though; it was perfect sunny day. You didn't knew what was happening, someone tried to change channel. No success. Well, you weren't exactly watching television, so you were going to just turn it off. But...

... On screen, a man has appeared. It was kinda like news channel. But, you could feel... something serious is happening. And this man was going to tell - what - is happening.

- ... On Loli Island, I repeat, on Loli Island. Rescue teams couldn't prolong manhunt for dangerous criminal, because of sudden storm. This bad weather will hold island in isolation for several days. It is clear then - that you, inhabitants of Loli Island - need to catch this man.-

- He probably already infiltrated, abducting one of the victims, and changed his own appearance. He can become anyone, his skills are terrific. Do not believe anyone - your best friend might be a trap! -

- Yes... He can use magic... And his goal is... TO CHANGE EVERY LOLI INTO A TRAP! -

(snip)

Screen has blackened out. You clearly heard this. Someone cut a wire. You were suprised how that happened in this room, with nobody noticing a thing. Someone run to check phone. Yup, it wasn't working. You were truly cut off from world. No means of contact, and no means to run away from island.

And in this very room, there was someone... which could change you into something horrible. Why someone could do this to a loli? That's horrible! And if he is in this room... something wrong already happened. One of your friends is already...

... No! You couldn't surrender just like that! If you touch a loli... it means WAR!

But how? How you could catch him? All of you pondered that.

- W-we should vote! Yes, we should vote on most suspicious g-girl! -

- You are so smart! -

- You're right! -

- Let's do this! -

And there was weird silence.

- B-but... What we will do then? To most suspicious... g-girl?-

- Yea... What exactly? -

- We will... FLIP HER SKIRT! -

Everyone gasped.

- But you can't! That's so terrific! -

- There are always victims on the war! -

- But, but! I am sure I would get so shocked, I would be unconscious for whole week! And everyone else probably too! -

Everyone glanced at each other. Yes, it was really drastic.

- Then... we cannot make any mistakes. What we can do? If we won't do anything, then we will be changed into traps! Do you really want that? -

Silence. Yes. No options to choose from. It was... hit or miss. Everyone looked at each other. A search for most suspicious loli has already begun...

___________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to Mafia! I will send PMs with roles ASAP. Good Luck!

If you have question - write me PM, I don't bite!

Day Phase will end with all votes being cast, or with majority of votes being placed on someone - in our case, 3 votes. If discussion won't be alive enough, I will end Day Phase myself; I will send warning before that, though.