Akatsuki

Stray Cat

No spacing in Japanese language, except after commas, periods, etc.  However, if that were an actual sentence, the answer would be yes in romaji, since romaji needs regular breaks for westerners to understand it (in Japanese, when a color adjective and its described word are connected without a particle, they are literally considered one word).

Edit: aka no tsuki would also work. 

Also, akatsuki does work, apparently... it just uses the archaic kanji and isn't present in modern language (in modern language akatsuki generally means 'daybreak' or is used to mark the beginning of the event... otherwise it is an archaic - as in not a part of the common language in the last fifty years - term)

Edit2:  Modern Japanese grammar demands a particle when 'aka' is used before a word, whereas archaic Japanese - Taisho, Meiji, Edo era - tended to be a bit looser about that.

Also, akatsuki does work, apparently... it just uses the archaic kanji and isn't present in modern language (in modern language akatsuki generally means 'daybreak' or is used to mark the beginning of the event... otherwise it is an archaic - as in not a part of the common language in the last fifty years - term)

Yea, I thought it worked, I've read it some mythological works to describe the event so I figured it would still be used in that sense.

I did manage to see it this morning but due to the lighting of my neighborhood it wasn't quite as red as I was expecting.  I'll post some pictures once I take them off my camera.