HKSLJVKp.jpg

SdvDBLnU.jpg

VkJNqjia.jpg

iKfFE58h.jpg

FmBR8rh8.jpg

jtI4hoQS.jpg

6EYemMAY.jpg

Release: October of 2014
Description: Kōsei Arima is a former child prodigy who lost his ability to play the piano when his mother died. His daily life is monochrome, but it begins to gain color when he meets a female violinist by chance. Kaori Miyazono is an audacious go-getter who is overflowing with personality. Enchanted by the girl, Kōsei starts to move forward with his own legs at the age of 14.

--

You guys ought to watch the PV inside the link! Holy shit how amazing the art and graphics are! Tatsu approves! Goddamn shit the art style is breath taking. Chief Animation Artist and Designer is a female named Aikyou Yukiko. A-1 Pictures will produce the animation.

I have added some pictures from the manga. Some are spoilers so you have been warned.

You're going to need few boxes of tissues for this series. I do recommend reading the manga. It's really good.

Cast, info, 3rd PV. All main characters are listed in the link with their descriptions.

Prepare for a grand epic drama ... and it's a sad one. The anime will follow the manga adaption faithfully. The manga will conclude the last chapter in Spring of 2015.

Oh you have ought to be fucking kidding me ... We only got 4 fully translated volumes and barely broke into the 5th volume, chapter 17. There are a total of 9 volumes released in Japan and it's still on-going .. awww come on! Just translate the stuff and slap it across the Japanese words. Cleaning takes forever. :/ Aww man ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some Manga Spoilers ahead:

I read ahead with the Manga. Female lead is very plain looking in the Manga without the fancy colors and lip gloss drawn in. Her introductory did make her out annoying and similar to Chitoge. Her role in the Manga develops into a mentor and coach for Arima. Their relationship is somewhat cliched; but her snoopy references are so damn kawaii. I've fallen for her character because of her constant positive attitude and support for Arima. As of last chapter, something tragic seemed to have happened to Kaori but we don't know what. Her Carpe Diem attitude until now seemed to be connected to her health.

I'm planning to watch this soon. The opening song is always played for at least once a day in my school and goddamn, it's soooo good.

Btw, I'm sure the title is supposed to be "Your Lie in April," not "April is Your Lie."

erm ... what country you live in? because that doesn't sound like the US.

We are derailing the thread btw.

It's the (tied) best OP this season so it's okay :ph34r:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXq3yuAiuA0

Also the show itself really keeps delivering. Hotblooded music contests, seishun drama, fantastic character animation! This season is so good so I can't tell it's the AOTS, but it sure is a candidate.

Goosehouse (artists of Shigatsu's OP) is awesome. My favorite song "Oto no naru Hou e" (Silver spoon II ED) was also by them.

Edit: Episode 8, my favorite scene

26Rep2x.gif

2nd Edit (wait, is this even allowed?):

*sighs*

I'm so sad and heartbroken that only few people here discuss about this amaaazing anime. *sulks*

This kind of anime (which has classical music theme) is rare. I only know two others like this:

Nodame Cantabile

La Corda

and I love them both to the depths of my soul. Shigatsu wa kimi no uso is obviously superior in animation (Heck, Takeshi and Emi play scales so beautifully it gives me goosebumps). Haven't watch the 9th yet and I'm excited for it.

Please inform me if you know any other anime like these. Of course, I'm not talking about something like Beck or K-on, which are about Bands, or Rock music.