Fuwanovel Osu! Thread

Tief Blau

*Pats Lewy

It's okay, bro. Just keep at it!

One the plus side, I got 6 points off this map today!

7GH3fHI.png

Edit: And not too long after, I get another 4 points from this. Damn, did I get drugged in my sleep or something?

3APeECp.png

Well, I did watch SAO earlier today. Maybe I just got blessed by Kirito or something like that.

Very nice. Good luck on that map!

Damn, I may have been failing a lot at this map, but I was failing pretty consistently at least, lol.

FC'd it eventually though. The hardest setting on this song is pretty incredible.

I think I'd be more frustrated with messing up around the same spot over and over :P

I don't know what happened, but after a week break, my aiming skills are abysmal recently, but I noticed my streaming is faster and more consistent out of no where. In the past, I always failed Mythologia's End like 30 seconds in because of the streams, but today I was streaming better fine but failed because my wrist was shaking.

Farthest I ever made it, and failed because my aim has been off since I started playing again..

My streaming is IMO absolutely terrible, but I did notice an improvement after spamming songs like this https://osu.ppy.sh/b/316588

ashXR.jpg

I think I'd be more frustrated with messing up around the same spot over and over :P

Ikr? It's like Wile. E Coyote running into the same poster each and every time. "Why can't I get past it this time?"

Also, made some progress on this map. Only problem I'm gonna have is that the song's too damn exciting for me to not stay calm, lol.

nabKWjR.png

Edit:

I downloaded a random pack and discovered this map. The SB was so kawaii. :3 I had so much fun playing this! https://osu.ppy.sh/b/263069

dviFvMt.png

Did a streaming speed test program

Pretty much the same as me....I sit around 202-203. Streams are by far my biggest weakness atm but I dont feel like putting any time into improving cus I just dont enjoy streams over 9 notes or so.

Accuracy and spinners are probably my greatest strength...holding a solid 400rpm isnt really an issue. Jumps are somewhere in the middle....have been getting alot better in recent months.

And this is why I don't 2-key. XD

Try using your mouse to single click+sliders and start using your keyboard for streams. I did that for YEARS until I got a tablet in january of this year and switched to complete keyboard.

It takes a bit of getting used to but it will really help once you start doing higher bpm maps.

Try using your mouse to single click+sliders and start using your keyboard for streams. I did that for YEARS until I got a tablet in january of this year and switched to complete keyboard.

It takes a bit of getting used to but it will really help once you start doing higher bpm maps.

Should probably clarify that a bit (I threw Ceris off for this as well, lol). I actually use key for the most part, but only click for streams. But don't worry, I've actually really gotten use to this and I'm starting to hit streams a little better now. I'm sure I'll adjust to it for the faster BPMs. Plus, have you seen Blue Dragon's replay on Can't Defeat Airman? Mine's a little different since I use mouse instead of pad, but the playstyle is viable!

Should probably clarify that a bit (I threw Ceris off for this as well, lol). I actually use key for the most part, but only click for streams. But don't worry, I've actually really gotten use to this and I'm starting to hit streams a little better now. I'm sure I'll adjust to it for the faster BPMs. Plus, have you seen Blue Dragon's replay on Can't Defeat Airman? Mine's a little different since I use mouse instead of pad, but the playstyle is viable!

Notice Blue Dragon's replay is the a B rank. I can't tell what he was trying to do, he was like spamming click on every circle...

I don't think he clicks (hard to tell when he has both mouse and tab listed on his profile). I read his faq and I guess he uses a tab.

"Q: What the crap is your playstyle and why don't you just play like normal people?

A: I just play in a way that is comfortable for me. Is it weird? Yes, but that doesn't keep me from playing. Also, I'm left-handed, so I have to hold the pen with my left hand (duh). My right hand doesn't stream anything over 160BPM, so it's pretty much my only choice to tap."

Still, that's impressive when you consider the difficulty of the song. He may not have been that accurate, but he still ranked. :P I don't believe playstyle has that much impact on accuracy anyways. It's something you have to train to click in your mind, right? He probably doesn't work on it that much.

I don't think he clicks (hard to tell when he has both mouse and tab listed on his profile). I read his faq and I guess he uses a tab.

"Q: What the crap is your playstyle and why don't you just play like normal people?

A: I just play in a way that is comfortable for me. Is it weird? Yes, but that doesn't keep me from playing. Also, I'm left-handed, so I have to hold the pen with my left hand (duh). My right hand doesn't stream anything over 160BPM, so it's pretty much my only choice to tap."

Still, that's impressive when you consider the difficulty of the song. He may not have been that accurate, but he still ranked. :P I don't believe playstyle has that much impact on accuracy anyways. It's something you have to train to click in your mind, right? He probably doesn't work on it that much.

He also doesn't play like that anymore. I've seen more recent replays with high %s, that one was really old (he is also the mapper to the song). And everyone streams with their non-dominant hand. It all comes down to training. I started osu barely able to tap 170bpm songs and now I can tap ~210 to 220. I think your "playstyle" is just going to make it harder for you later on. There are some good mouse only players out there though, (I had one in mind, but don't remember his name).

Example of training: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/95382?m=0 People don't just go into that map and FC it first try :P

Huh, I remember when that song only had 5 S ranks, and now it has had 9. Happystick, Doomsday, cptnXn, and HDHR came out of no where, especially Doomsday :o

He also doesn't play like that anymore. I've seen more recent replays with high %s, that one was really old (he is also the mapper to the song). And everyone streams with their non-dominant hand. It all comes down to training. I started osu barely able to tap 170bpm songs and now I can tap ~210 to 220. I think your "playstyle" is just going to make it harder for you later on. There are some good mouse only players out there though, (I had one in mind, but don't remember his name).

Example of training: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/95382?m=0 People don't just go into that map and FC it first try :P

Huh, I remember when that song only had 5 S ranks, and now it has had 9. Happystick, Doomsday, cptnXn, and HDHR came out of no where, especially Doomsday :o

#neverforgetrank1+HD

And that note, teach me how to stream.

#neverforgetrank1+HD

And that note, teach me how to stream.

Teach me as well. Out of Accuracy, speed, and aim, I'd say speed is my weakest, and I have low stamina and bad consistency with streaming in general. And that HD score was just... no... Just also noticed, RIP Lewa's having the only 99%+ score.

Yeah, the replay is actually an FC, but Cookiezi had that HD score which he wouldn't have beat. And I don't think he would have been #1, since most of his 100s were really late in the song (he only dropped below 90% in the last minute or so)

I don't know if I can trust the replay, but it does show a practical FC (1 slider 100)

atjvL.jpg

What's the story behind Cookiezi's Big Black replay that didn't match his score? His replay showed a run with misses in it despite him having an S rank

Don't worry, I've put a lot of thought into this. I know it's a difficulty style to work with, but this does work out for me since I'm really ambidextrous. I can even bowl with either hand (I'm slightly better with my left). Granted there is one thing that really stumps me with that playstyle and that's when there's a circle right before a slider. Because I'm not that good at clicking sliders, I have to be careful to click the circle before I keytap the slider since I typically go key-click-key. It's really tricky for me. But streams, nah~ I can click sliders if they're short, though, but I'll still need to work on my style a little bit more so I can work on certain slider streams, lol. But that's okay, I don't mind having to put in extra effort since it feels nice to me.

Lewa is supposed to be #1 ;-; He FCed it when there was a patch bug regarding sliders hahaha that's quite sad lol

Man, I would just rage quit if that happened to me.

What's the story behind Cookiezi's Big Black replay that didn't match his score? His replay showed a run with misses in it despite him having an S rank

I'm guessing it was a bug. I could see it happening.

Yeah, the replay is actually an FC, but Cookiezi had that HD score which he wouldn't have beat. And I don't think he would have been #1, since most of his 100s were really late in the song (he only dropped below 90% in the last minute or so)

I don't know if I can trust the replay, but it does show a practical FC (1 slider 100)

atjvL.jpg

Old replays didn't capture 100% of the cursor movement like they do now. Now you can cursor dance and it will show in the replay :D It was simply a glitched slider that cause the client to break combo #tabletOP

Old replays didn't capture 100% of the cursor movement like they do now. Now you can cursor dance and it will show in the replay :D It was simply a glitched slider that cause the client to break combo #tabletOP

Not sure if you mean that @Lewa or Cookiezi. In Lewa's replay, he gets the FC, but the final score is different due to the bug (unless the replay changed and doesn't match that score?) I was pointing out that in the replay, Lewa's score only brought him to current 4th place.

If you meant that @Cookiezi question, his replay had straight misses,

And I noticed the replay update. My old ones don't show cursor dancing but my newer ones do :)

I wanted to show my friend cursor dancing, since he thought the random cursor spins around center were in case there was a spinner, but we do it just because we can, so I just uploaded a random replay I remembered I did a quick cursor spin on