Alice Soft — Translated Titles

Kosakyun

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I don't think that there's no need for emulator seeing that almost all of Alicesoft VNs are available in PC, although the older one may need to use PC-98 emulator here. There's also 3DS version of Toushin Toshi which somehow is only available for 3DS alone, so you may try Citra to see whether the emulator can run the game or not (For the info I did try several 3DS game with Citra, and some of the game suffer massive FPS drop).

Ooh I want to play the older one,is there PC-98 emulator ? for 3DS game I suggest you using Drastic emulator,all the game running at 60 FPS,for Citra game I see almost the game running at 30 Fps

39 minutes ago, QValken said:

Ooh I want to play the older one,is there PC-98 emulator ? for 3DS game I suggest you using Drastic emulator,all the game running at 60 FPS,for Citra game I see almost the game running at 30 Fps

There are PC98 emulators, but they are not optimized yet. Libretro (Retroarch Documentation) actually explains Neko Project II Kai though

https://docs.libretro.com/library/neko_project_ii_kai/

Try it out. Otherwise just try running it with Windows 10 compatibility mode. These old games like Toushin Toshi and Alicesoft should be freely accessible on the Alicesoft website (it might be regionlocked though)

1 hour ago, QValken said:

I did try searching in regard of Drastic, although all that I find is that it's only for Android and if possible I prefer that it's also compatible for my laptop. Although 60 FPS sounds like an improvement, because I did try Etrian Odyssey on Citra and all I got was a slowdown.

Anyway if you just want to play Toushin Toshi and Rance, there's no need to search for PC-98 emulator because both series are also available for Windows. Also both series has enough translation (All Rance games beside IX and X are translated, and both of first and second Toushin Toshi are translated), so obviously the translator already considered the compatibility for modern computer here. There's also Mangagamer release on the remake for both of Rance 1 and 2, so you don't need to play the older version if you didn't like the old graphic, although in case you still want to play the older version of 02 there's no translation of it because the old fan translator decided to translate the remake version of it directly. Either way have fun with play old Alicesoft game there.

3 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

I did try searching in regard of Drastic, although all that I find is that it's only for Android and if possible I prefer that it's also compatible for my laptop. Although 60 FPS sounds like an improvement, because I did try Etrian Odyssey on Citra and all I got was a slowdown.

Anyway if you just want to play Toushin Toshi and Rance, there's no need to search for PC-98 emulator because both series are also available for Windows. Also both series has enough translation (All Rance games beside IX and X are translated, and both of first and second Toushin Toshi are translated), so obviously the translator already considered the compatibility for modern computer here. There's also Mangagamer release on the remake for both of Rance 1 and 2, so you don't need to play the older version if you didn't like the old graphic, although in case you still want to play the older version of 02 there's no translation of it because the old fan translator decided to translate the remake version of it directly. Either way have fun with play old Alicesoft game there.

To.correct you. Rance 03 and 04 are not translated yet.

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Ooh okay,it means you're using Iphone right ? You can play drastic on your PC by installing Bluestacks & then you look for drastic apps,I don't like playing on PC,because I'm not at home all the time haha..,I prefer playing on my android phone,anyway thank you for your information 😊 I like the old graphic though,it feels nostalgic 😁

Edited by QValken

16 minutes ago, QValken said:

Ooh okay,it means you're using Iphone right ? You can play drastic on your PC by installing Bluestacks & then you look for drastic apps,I don't like playing on PC,because I'm not at home all the time haha..,I prefer playing on my android phone,anyway thank you for your information 😊 I like the old graphic though,it feels nostalgic 😁

Imo everything you ever need is in Retroarch. I love it.

For the info, yeah I know that both of 03 and 04 are still untranslated with the latter is not even available in Japan (You can't translate something that not exist in the first place). By the way I did really say that 'All Rance VNs beside IX and X are translated', and by that obviously I mean Rance III and Rance IV are also translated. For the info Rance III is the old version of 03, so at least you can play it for the story alone if you can't wait for 03 to be finally released by Mangagamer. It should be noted that the gameplay is very old and that it's no longer canon, although at least you can get the story in that it's still similar with 03 to a degree.

Edited by littleshogun

• Kosakyun changed the title to Alice Soft — Translated Titles

Hi there, it's been a while!

Today I changed the thread's purpose (or expanded it, technically).

I wanted it to better represent how much Alicesoft has expanded its reach both officially and via fan efforts. As a result, the thread now lists officially translated titles and machine translated titles alongside the FanTLs that were already here back then. Of course, these titles are still easily accessible via VNDB but I thought it'd be nice to repurpose what is essentially a dead thread.

:illyasmug:

Hopefully this helps someone out there who's interested in diving into Alicesoft's worlds as a whole. I'll update it every now and then if I come across some new developments.

P.S. RIP Galzoo you were a shining beacon of hope but the world wasn't ready to receive you. :rubycry: