vn's with badass or very smart protagonist

Accel

I think Yamato is not quite a super smart super badass character as much as he is charismatic as protag. He is without a doubt smart and cool(You get to see more of it in certain routes and games like the A series) but that is not the focus of his character.

The protag from Wank to Kursou is not a genius. He is closer to the badass role. But not in any OPed kind of way. He is just really good at sexual acts and is pretty cool. Not a total badass though.

Both characters are pretty good though. In particular Yamato from Majikoi.

think the only place you have to worry is in the Miyako chatter thread

No we also visit other threads.

I think that was meant to be the point. I get were you guys are coming from though. I liked him.

Agreed. His entire personality is like something a middle schooler would imagine to be a cool, edgy adult. 

i agree still it was better than having a whimp for a protag.

My only gripe with the game is that it is to short and could really have been a lot longer. (no need to increase the H-scenes though, there were more than enough of them)

I thought the Wanko protagonist was a total eyeroll inducing blowhard.

still better than the wimps i see in Hoshizora no Memoria and Comyu Kuroi Ryuu to Yasashii Oukoku. A submissive man who can't think for himself then comes along with that justice and forgiveness crap just grinds my gears.

Hoshimemo's protagonist is for the most part your stereotypical moege protagonist, but at least he was slightly proactive, unafraid to express his feelings or to take a stand. And there was actual emotional growth as he learned more about the history of his parents and Yume (although I didn't like Yume's route for the most part). Stories about those kind of people are fine. Comyu's protagonist is totally different. He feels way more human than most other VN protagonists, with realistic faults, and he has an actual strong character arc tied to him. Humans are weak by nature. It's interesting to read a story where the main character has to overcome those weaknesses. A protagonist is extremely boring when they always have the perfect solution to every problem and don't grow at all throughout the game's story. This is why I'm generally not fond of "badass" protagonists, but that archetype can be done well. Utawaremero, which I mentioned last page, has a protagonist who is a genius strategist and has occasional badass moments, but also moments of weakness and other interesting character traits. He's not one dimensional like many "badass" protagonists. The Wanko protagonist just feels like the personification of the ideals of reddit pua scumbags.

Hoshimemo's protagonist is for the most part your stereotypical moege protagonist, but at least he was slightly proactive, unafraid to express his feelings or to take a stand. And there was actual emotional growth as he learned more about the history of his parents and Yume (although I didn't like Yume's route for the most part). Stories about those kind of people are fine. Comyu's protagonist is totally different. He feels way more human than most other VN protagonists, with realistic faults, and he has an actual strong character arc tied to him. Humans are weak by nature. It's interesting to read a story where the main character has to overcome those weaknesses. A protagonist is extremely boring when they always have the perfect solution to every problem and don't grow at all throughout the game's story. This is why I'm generally not fond of "badass" protagonists, but that archetype can be done well. Utawaremero, which I mentioned last page, has a protagonist who is a genius strategist and has occasional badass moments, but also moments of weakness and other interesting character traits. He's not one dimensional like many "badass" protagonists. The Wanko protagonist just feels like the personification of the ideals of reddit pua scumbags.

Understandable but i don't exactly read a VN to feel a slice of reality now ^-^. I read it to indulge into a fantasy world with a great plot and do things i might not actually be able to do like pull chicks just by walking in, fucking shit up and walking back out. But everyone does hsave their own individual tastes i guess.

What do you mean by that last line?

I believe you need to experience the mind of Kurosu Taichi from Cross Channel, friend. I don't want to explain further about him, for there's a lot to spoil about. In fact, I'm probably indirectly spoiling you right now. (Is that even possible?) Anyway, I hope you take up my suggestion. ^^