Upload pictures from computer

SilverLi

I am really sorry if this have been discussed before. I actually searched for a similar topic before I posted this. 

Fuwanovel is probably the only site I ever visited that doesn't have the option to upload pictures from the computer. I got something against uploading stuff to an Internet site. I just don't like uploading what I got so everyone can see it. It is in my computer for a reason.

So my request or suggestion is that why can't we have such an option? If we had it before I don't know. If it was abused and removed thanks to that I am sad. But we could't get a new chance in that case? 

/SilverLi

Fuwanovel is probably the only site I ever visited that doesn't have the option to upload pictures from the computer. I got something against uploading stuff to an Internet site. I just don't like uploading what I got so everyone can see it. It is in my computer for a reason.

Uh, I might be misunderstanding something. Fuwanovel is an internet site. Wouldn't uploading an image to Fuwanovel instead of say imgur be effectively the same in terms of privacy concerns?

Maybe he just wants to know why the option isn't there? I'm not sure. There's a few ways his post can be interpreted.

Just to throw in my two cents, I have come across a few forums that did have the option to upload images to a user profile. I do see a little bit of benefit to this kind of thing since you could express your interests through uploaded images (like lolis and stuff). I've personally never used anything like that, nor do I care about it, but I know some that do.

Also, if you just want a place to store your images without displaying them, Imgur has that option.

I see where you are coming from. Truth is, back in the day forums gave space because there wasn't really any real good sites to store images. Sure there was imgbucket or photo bucket. But usually they'd deny hotlinks.

There are two main reasons we don't currently offer image storage. The first is space, while we are not short on space, it would mean giving resources over to it, while puush and imgur both allow free storage.

Secondly, anything we host we'd be liable for, so uploading nude images and the like could result in issues with our server host, since we can't monitor each image uploaded we cannot say with certainty the images are within guidelines.

First of all. I am sorry for my lack of information when I wrote my first post. I should've been more precise. 

Uh, I might be misunderstanding something. Fuwanovel is an internet site. Wouldn't uploading an image to Fuwanovel instead of say imgur be effectively the same in terms of privacy concerns?

Maybe he just wants to know why the option isn't there? I'm not sure. There's a few ways his post can be interpreted.

Just to throw in my two cents, I have come across a few forums that did have the option to upload images to a user profile. I do see a little bit of benefit to this kind of thing since you could express your interests through uploaded images (like lolis and stuff). I've personally never used anything like that, nor do I care about it, but I know some that do.

Also, if you just want a place to store your images without displaying them, Imgur has that option.

Yes I know Fuwa is an Internet site. But in my years I have been browsing forums and other sites I actually never had any problems with uploading from my own computer. I never lurk around on 4chan, reddit and such sites because it is just time wasting. Uploading to Fuwa directly is just directed to the Fuwa community instead of uploading to a big hosting site where a lot of people can get information and search for anything. 

Well on for example photobucket, imgur and such sites you actually upload it so strangers can see it. I don't know if you can do your account private and still link it to forums with the URL upload image. It is probably just me but I got some kind of privacy issues no matter what I am doing. 

@Kenshin About storing images on imgur without showing them. Can you do that and still upload images here when they are private?

I see where you are coming from. Truth is, back in the day forums gave space because there wasn't really any real good sites to store images. Sure there was imgbucket or photo bucket. But usually they'd deny hotlinks.

There are two main reasons we don't currently offer image storage. The first is space, while we are not short on space, it would mean giving resources over to it, while puush and imgur both allow free storage.

Secondly, anything we host we'd be liable for, so uploading nude images and the like could result in issues with our server host, since we can't monitor each image uploaded we cannot say with certainty the images are within guidelines.

I think we are misunderstanding each other a little or I am the one not understanding exactly how it works. What I am wondering/asking is if you can upload a image from your computer instead of linking to an URL. The same way you are attaching an document in an e-mail you upload a picture instead. 

But that maybe take storage from Fuwa? I am not sure. If that's the case I understand why. The pictures aren't anything dangerous or such. I mostly got desktop screenshots and other stuff.

Edit: What site would you recommend I would use to upload pictures on if I want privacy?

@Kenshin About storing images on imgur without showing them. Can you do that and still upload images here when they are private?

Yep! http://kenshinsama.imgur.com/all/

Just make sure you have your uploads set to private in your settings. I haven't changed anything from default (other than the picture quality), so it should be like that when you use Imgur. Never hurts to check though. It'll still show images in the areas you link them in, but your image uploads won't be displayed to random passersby on Imgur unless you set it to.

Yes I know Fuwa is an Internet site. But in my years I have been browsing forums and other sites I actually never had any problems with uploading from my own computer. I never lurk around on 4chan, reddit and such sites because it is just time wasting. Uploading to Fuwa directly is just directed to the Fuwa community instead of uploading to a big hosting site where a lot of people can get information and search for anything. 

Well on for example photobucket, imgur and such sites you actually upload it so strangers can see it. I don't know if you can do your account private and still link it to forums with the URL upload image. It is probably just me but I got some kind of privacy issues no matter what I am doing. 

I think we are misunderstanding each other a little or I am the one not understanding exactly how it works. What I am wondering/asking is if you can upload a image from your computer instead of linking to an URL. The same way you are attaching an document in an e-mail you upload a picture instead. 

But that maybe take storage from Fuwa? I am not sure. If that's the case I understand why. The pictures aren't anything dangerous or such. I mostly got desktop screenshots and other stuff.

Ah, I see what you mean. Some kind of host server has to be set up in order to display anything online. The image hosting can be done by the forum you want to link your content in, but, as Kendjin mentioned, that would use up the forum's resources. That's the main reason an alternative host is preferred, so it lightens the burden. As long as you have your settings on private for Imgur, you can link those images here, and they will still not show up to anyone that isn't looking at the post you linked it in. Hope I cleared things up a little for ya.

To answer the question about dangerous content. While I trust you would only upload nice and safe things. Once we allow people to upload images, there is no guarantee that everyone would be as nice as you.

We could start to see nude lolis, guro, real life gore, all uploaded and since they'd be store on the server, could be grounds for server termination according to terms and conditions.

I understand what you mean about just uploading the image straight to the forum instead of having to upload to imgur or such and then url, but if we allowed that.

With the 100s of members, we'd be opening flood gates that don't really need to be opened, as sites such as imgur do a much better job than we would likely do.

Upload an image to imgur, you can literally drag the image into the browser, once uploaded it give you a link to the jpg/png. Which you can just paste in.

I understand that if we allowed direct uploads, it would shorten the steps, but truth is, effort and time for its implementation just don't pay off.

I hope this helps.

ps: as with kenshin_sama.. my imgur is also private: http://kendjin.imgur.com/all (despite my images being hosted there)