Preferred protagonist traits: situational

Clephas

-Do you want your protagonists to have siblings?  If so, how many and what is his relationship with them like?

I like them to have either the imouto-type heroine as sibling or at most the close age onee-chan, other than that I don't care. In terms of relationship it can be varied as either tsundere, kuudere or full on dere, as long as they are heroine material.

-What about his parents?  Are they living, are they dead?  How is his/her relationship with them?

I find protags with absent parents more engaging because it leads to some psychological strengthening. in some cases at least .

-Do you prefer fantasy or sci-fi like add-ons to your protagonist's personal issues?  Do you prefer your protagonist to be mundane?

In terms of add-ons I prefer fantasy, I'm not fond of other kinds of special stuff. I think it also depends largely on the story if a mundane protag fits or not.

-Do you prefer him to be poor or rich?  Do you just want him to be normal?

I would actually like to see a rich protag that doesn't want to spend his money and hides from everyone that he's rich. Other than that I don't care.

-Is he free to move about, or is he somehow restricted by circumstance?

This is another one that depends largely on the story, but more often than not a restricted protag leads to some interesting ways of story writing.

-How does society see him?   Is he the child of a criminal or maybe that of a brilliant scientist? 

I prefer to see outcast protags just to see how they deal and think about it.

I also like unusual situation builds like in Grisaia for example, even though I'm still on my 1st playthrough during the common route I can tell that it isn't all that ordinary of a situation.

Do you want your protagonists to have siblings?  If so, how many and what is his relationship with them like?

That a bit hard to say, i like the idea of a family person or someone with family problens (the idea of a yonger/older brother having to live in the shadow of a talented sibling its really nice) but I also really like the lonny wolf type of character, I think the story of the world around the character can be really interesting for those characters.

What about his parents?  Are they living, are they dead?  How is his/her relationship with them?

The dead parents scenario is a bit cliche, but it can be really good if used well, but I think that overall a character with a family is better specially if the family characters are well writen.

Do you prefer fantasy or sci-fi like add-ons to your protagonist's personal issues?  Do you prefer your protagonist to be mundane?

I dont really like mundane characters, specially when mundane in japan is a character like Shinji Ikari for instance, I think that a character with attitude is really nice, someonde that do what he has to do or someone with a strong character that influences the others.

Do you prefer him to be poor or rich?  Do you just want him to be normal?

I think batman and green arrow are the only rich characters I like, I really enjoy the idea of a character that works hard to live.

Is he free to move about, or is he somehow restricted by circumstance?

That depends of the scenario, both can be really good.

How does society see him?   Is he the child of a criminal or maybe that of a brilliant scientist? 

Dont like characters that are treated like geniouses very much, however characters with some sort of social stigma are really intersting.

sorry didnt really read the topic the first time.